• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.7

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Hello, after importing the new plugin and deleting the file, the following BUG appeared. I hope to receive your professional analysis and solution. Thank you very much.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - Species.rb:274:in `shows_shadow?'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:329:in`pbChangePokemon'
Scene_Initialize:86:in `block in pblnitSprites'
Scene Initialize:84:in`each'
Scene_Initialize:84:in`each_with index'
Scene_Initialize:84:in`pblnitSprites'
BugContestBattle:8:in`pblnitSprites'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:10:in`pblnitSprites'
[[DBK] Wonder Launcher] [008] Battle Scene.rb:10:in`pblnitSprites'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [000] Main.rb:54:in`pblnitSprites'
Seems to be the problem of Innate Abilities?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, after importing the new plugin and deleting the file, the following BUG appeared. I hope to receive your professional analysis and solution. Thank you very much.

[v21.1Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - Species.rb:274:in `shows_shadow?'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:329:in`pbChangePokemon'
Scene_Initialize:86:in `block in pblnitSprites'
Scene Initialize:84:in`each'
Scene_Initialize:84:in`each_with index'
Scene_Initialize:84:in`pblnitSprites'
BugContestBattle:8:in`pblnitSprites'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:10:in`pblnitSprites'
[[DBK] Wonder Launcher] [008] Battle Scene.rb:10:in`pblnitSprites'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [000] Main.rb:54:in`pblnitSprites'
Looking at the code, the Innate Abilities plugin seems to overwrite the ENTIRE Species class in the GameData for no particular reason, so there's little surprise there's going to be compatibility errors with other plugins.

Thomwell

Trainer
Looking at the code, the Innate Abilities plugin seems to overwrite the ENTIRE Species class in the GameData for no particular reason, so there's little surprise there's going to be compatibility errors with other plugins.
Hello, thank you for your analysis. Can this be resolved? Or can you teach me how to fix it?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, thank you for your analysis. Can this be resolved? Or can you teach me how to fix it?
Just delete the shows_shadow? method from the Innate Abilities plugin in the file that overwrites the species class. But what should really be done is the plugin author themselves should probably remove all of the overwritten code that isn't specifically needed to be overwritten by their plugin.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Looks real nice! I just hope there are people out there who can make animated fakemon...
Considering theres 4 entire generations worth of animated fanmade sprites in this pack, clearly the talent is out there. It's more a matter of what you can afford to pay someone if you cant do it yourself.

Sirius GG

Rookie
Hi, I'm getting the following error when going into a Safari Zone encounter:

Error log:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `airborneOffScreen?' for #<Battle::FakeBattler>

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:174:in `pbSetPosition'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:144:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:328:in `pbChangePokemon'
002_Scene_Initialize.rb:86:in `block in pbInitSprites'
002_Scene_Initialize.rb:84:in `each'
002_Scene_Initialize.rb:84:in `each_with_index'
002_Scene_Initialize.rb:84:in `pbInitSprites'
002_BugContestBattle.rb:8:in `pbInitSprites'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:10:in `pbInitSprites'
002_Scene_Initialize.rb:20:in `pbStartBattle'

Also I do not even understand why a function from BugContestBattle is called in that trace. This was performed in the Safari Zone test area that is included by default in Pokemon Essentials.

Other encounters work fine.
I just found this by chance and do not really want to include the Safari Zone in my game anyway, just wanted to inform you.
Also, just wanted to say I love your plugins!

Greetings, Sirius

EDIT: I updated DBK and this plugin. The issue still persists, but I updated the code snippet because the line numbers have changed.

Last edited:

komeiji514

Elite Trainer

Error log:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:155:in `pbSetPosition'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:125:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:309:in `pbChangePokemon'

Also I do not even understand why a function from BugContestBattle is called in that trace. This was performed in the Safari Zone test area that is included by default in Pokemon Essentials.

I just found this by chance and do not really want to include the Safari Zone in my game anyway, just wanted to inform you.

Greeting, Sirius
Same problem as I have tested.

Lucidious89

Champion

Error log:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:174:in `pbSetPosition'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:144:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:328:in `pbChangePokemon'

Greetings, Sirius

EDIT: I updated DBK and this plugin. The issue still persists, but I updated the code snippet because the line numbers have changed.
Ah, the Safari Zone. My eternal nemesis.

PattyOChairs

Novice
I'm using Delta Speed Up and noticed when you toggle it during a battle the animations for pokemon stop while on normal speed or 2x. They only play while 4x is toggled. Is there any reason you can think of why this might be?

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm using Delta Speed Up and noticed when you toggle it during a battle the animations for pokemon stop while on normal speed or 2x. They only play while 4x is toggled. Is there any reason you can think of why this might be?
Ask the dev of that plugin.

Sirius GG

Rookie
Besides from this being a Delta Speed Up problem, doesn't it only have x1, x1.5 and x2 speed?

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.6 Update

Plugin Updates:
  • Fixed several incompatibility issues with the Safari Zone.
  • The UI auto-positioner code will now function properly if a Pokemon's sprite is mirrored.
  • Updated the metric files for all newly-added sprites.
  • Updated the POKEMON_UI_METRICS in the plugin Settings file for all relevant sprites.
Sprite Pack Updates:
  • Removed several sprites from the pack that were unintentionally included and did not belong...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sirius GG

Rookie
I can confirm that v1.0.6 (alongside the updated DBK v1.1.9) successfully fixed the Safari Zone issue. Thank you!
Please keep being awesome! ;)

Bguy7

Pokémon Sol Version Creator
I wanted to suggest that you might want to warn people that the plugin will rewrite your Pokémon-related PBS files. For most, it probably doesn't matter much, if at all, but for me it did, as I had some important notes written in my main Pokémon PBS file for ease of editing, as well as some custom fields from other plugins, both of which didn't get translated into the rewrite. I had a recent backup, so I was able to avoid any damage, but others may not be so fortunate.

Personally, I'm disabling the rewriting script for now, as I don't believe any of my species with gender differences require different metrics, and, as far as I can tell, all it does it make preparations for that feature.

Lucidious89

Champion
I wanted to suggest that you might want to warn people that the plugin will rewrite your Pokémon-related PBS files. For most, it probably doesn't matter much, if at all, but for me it did, as I had some important notes written in my main Pokémon PBS file for ease of editing, as well as some custom fields from other plugins, both of which didn't get translated into the rewrite. I had a recent backup, so I was able to avoid any damage, but others may not be so fortunate.

Personally, I'm disabling the rewriting script for now, as I don't believe any of my species with gender differences require different metrics, and, as far as I can tell, all it does it make preparations for that feature.
The only file it overwrites is pokemon_metrics. All of your Pokemon data is untouched.

Also, writing notes in any of your PBS files is kind of a silly idea anyway, because all of those notes will be instantly overwritten any time your PBS files are rewritten by the compiler code...which will happen constantly during game development.

Last edited:

Bguy7

Pokémon Sol Version Creator
The only file it overwrites is pokemon_metrics. All of your Pokemon data is untouched.

Also, writing notes in any of your PBS files is kind of a silly idea anyway, because all of those notes will be instantly overwritten any time your PBS files are rewritten by the compiler code...which will happen constantly during game development.

I don't know if something weird was happening or not, but it definitely did rewrite my PBS files for pokemon, pokemon_forms, and other related files. The debug console, while it was compiling, would say its usual message of "Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt" but then after that it showed a message saying "Rewriting PBS file pokemon.txt" as well. And when I checked the file afterwards all my notes and the added property had been removed, and I know for a fact they were there before that, as I had just been editing it. Maybe I misunderstood something about the situation, but I do know that it would do this rewrite every time I put my old PBS files back in, but it stopped doing it when I removed the "[001] Compiler" file from the plugin. I can post a screenshot of the debug console displaying the rewrite line tomorrow, if you want.

As for the notes being overwritten every time, I've been working on this project for many years, and have been keeping notes like that since the beginning, and it has never overwritten them before.

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't know if something weird was happening or not, but it definitely did rewrite my PBS files for pokemon, pokemon_forms, and other related files. The debug console, while it was compiling, would say its usual message of "Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt" but then after that it showed a message saying "Rewriting PBS file pokemon.txt" as well. And when I checked the file afterwards all my notes and the added property had been removed, and I know for a fact they were there before that, as I had just been editing it. Maybe I misunderstood something about the situation, but I do know that it would do this rewrite every time I put my old PBS files back in, but it stopped doing it when I removed the "[001] Compiler" file from the plugin. I can post a screenshot of the debug console displaying the rewrite line tomorrow, if you want.

As for the notes being overwritten every time, I've been working on this project for many years, and have been keeping notes like that since the beginning, and it has never overwritten them before.
Ah yes, I see. Yeah, thats because the plugin automatically adds a flag to species data if they have gendered sprites. I admit I forgot about that.

Still, this doesnt overwrite any existing data, it just adds to it. After which, the compiler sees that data has been added, so Essentials rewrites the files to include that data. The same way it always does for any PBS files that are edited mid-game, such as if you add a new species via the in-game debug tool.

If you have properties that have been removed, that could only be because you didnt integrate those custom properties properly into your game's compiler code. So your content isnt saved after a PBS rewrite is triggered for compiling purposes.

Rewriting PBS data is an extremely common practice during development. Any time you edit anything via the debug menu (such as using the Sprite Editor, or editing a trainer's team, etc, etc), your PBS files will be rewritten. Its a natural part of game development, it's to be expected that these files will not remain constant. So any little notes you write are never going to be retained. The only reason your pokemon and forms files have never been rewritten is likely due to the fact that you probably never once used the in-game editors and instead only modified those specific PBS files by hand.

But if you ever used the in-game editors even once to tweak something, all of your data and notes would have been rewritten in the same way it was here. So its not really an issue with this plugin, this plugin does something completely normal that by coincidence you have just never used once in all your years of working on your project. I cant be expected to predict someone would do that.

Back