• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.7

Gnaruto

Rookie
While compiling this add-on I got the following errors (The only things I've added are the essentials hotfixes, DBK and this add-on including the sprites)
Error log:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section WYRDEER, key SectionName

Backtrace:
Compiler:454:in `checkEnumField'
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:53:in `cast_csv_value'
Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
Compiler:710:in `each'
Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
Compiler:708:in `loop'
Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
Compiler_CompilePBS:34:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'

Error log 2:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
Compiler:1104:in `rescue in main'
Compiler:1031:in `main'
Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:18:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `block in <main>'
Main:44:in `loop'
Main:44:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
While compiling this add-on I got the following errors (The only things I've added are the essentials hotfixes, DBK and this add-on including the sprites)
Error log:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

File PBS/pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section WYRDEER, key SectionName

Backtrace:
Compiler:454:in `checkEnumField'
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:53:in `cast_csv_value'
Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
Compiler:710:in `each'
Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
Compiler:708:in `loop'
Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
Compiler_CompilePBS:34:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'

Error log 2:
Expand Collapse Copy
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
Compiler:1104:in `rescue in main'
Compiler:1031:in `main'
Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:18:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `block in <main>'
Main:44:in `loop'
Main:44:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'
Delete pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt and pokemon_metrics_gmax.txt in PBS files. As you don't have the species listed in them.

Gnaruto

Rookie
Delete pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt and pokemon_metrics_gmax.txt in PBS files. As you don't have the species listed in them.
I'm planning on adding all pokemon to my game. So is there something I need to do first? Or do I need to delete those files regardless?

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm planning on adding all pokemon to my game. So is there something I need to do first? Or do I need to delete those files regardless?
You probably should have installed the Gen 9 Pack first then, before installing this plugin.

Bguy7

Pokémon Sol Version Creator
Ah yes, I see. Yeah, thats because the plugin automatically adds a flag to species data if they have gendered sprites. I admit I forgot about that.

Still, this doesnt overwrite any existing data, it just adds to it. After which, the compiler sees that data has been added, so Essentials rewrites the files to include that data. The same way it always does for any PBS files that are edited mid-game, such as if you add a new species via the in-game debug tool.

If you have properties that have been removed, that could only be because you didnt integrate those custom properties properly into your game's compiler code. So your content isnt saved after a PBS rewrite is triggered for compiling purposes.

Rewriting PBS data is an extremely common practice during development. Any time you edit anything via the debug menu (such as using the Sprite Editor, or editing a trainer's team, etc, etc), your PBS files will be rewritten. Its a natural part of game development, it's to be expected that these files will not remain constant. So any little notes you write are never going to be retained. The only reason your pokemon and forms files have never been rewritten is likely due to the fact that you probably never once used the in-game editors and instead only modified those specific PBS files by hand.

But if you ever used the in-game editors even once to tweak something, all of your data and notes would have been rewritten in the same way it was here. So its not really an issue with this plugin, this plugin does something completely normal that by coincidence you have just never used once in all your years of working on your project. I cant be expected to predict someone would do that.

Fair enough. I only really use the debug editor for sprite positioning, so I've never experienced that as a problem with the Pokémon PBS files before, as I edit them directly. My bad.

PattyOChairs

Novice
Had to change INDEEDEE_1 to INDEEDEE_female for it to work in my game. I use Gen 9 Resource pack and a few of your other plugins. Just figured I'd put this in here in case it wasn't just a me problem.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Had to change INDEEDEE_1 to INDEEDEE_female for it to work in my game. I use Gen 9 Resource pack and a few of your other plugins. Just figured I'd put this in here in case it wasn't just a me problem.
Yeah. When I check the pokedex I found Indeedee has no female form.

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah. When I check the pokedex I found Indeedee has no female form.
I mean, that's just wrong though. Even if there was some error in the dex that was preventing it from appearing, Indeedee female is a form, not a gender difference. So its sprite must be named INDEEDEE_1. Naming it INDEEDEE_female is incorrect. The only reason why this wouldn't be the case is if you removed INDEEDEE_1 from pokemon_forms.txt so that it was just a gender difference, and not a form. Otherwise, it should be a form.

Also, Indeedee female displays just fine for me in the Pokedex, so idk what to tell you guys. However, I'm only checking by filling all of my PC boxes via the debug tool, not actually encountering Indeedee naturally. So idk if that's a factor.

EDIT: Also, have either of you started a new game after installing the Hotfixes for the first time? Because I'm pretty sure the Hotfixes already fixed this Pokedex issue.

Last edited:

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I mean, that's just wrong though. Even if there was some error in the dex that was preventing it from appearing, Indeedee female is a form, not a gender difference. So its sprite must be named INDEEDEE_1. Naming it INDEEDEE_female is incorrect. The only reason why this wouldn't be the case is if you removed INDEEDEE_1 from pokemon_forms.txt so that it was just a gender difference, and not a form. Otherwise, it should be a form.

Also, Indeedee female displays just fine for me in the Pokedex, so idk what to tell you guys. However, I'm only checking by filling all of my PC boxes via the debug tool, not actually encountering Indeedee naturally. So idk if that's a factor.

EDIT: Also, have either of you started a new game after installing the Hotfixes for the first time? Because I'm pretty sure the Hotfixes already fixed this Pokedex issue.
A female Indeedee can be form 0 as I have tested. The same thing happens to Meowstic.

Lucidious89

Champion
A female Indeedee can be form 0 as I have tested. The same thing happens to Meowstic.
Thats a problem with Essential's form handlers for those species, not the sprites.

Both handlers are missing this:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
"getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
  next pkmn.gender
}

Basculegion and Oinkologne don't have this problem, because we already included this missing part in the Gen 9 Pack.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Thats a problem with Essential's form handlers for those species, not the sprites.

Both handlers are missing this:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
"getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
  next pkmn.gender
}

Basculegion doesn't have this problem, because we already included this missing part in the Gen 9 Pack.
Oh, another problem that has always existed in Essentials.
Toxel's form handler is also incorrect. Original code made all Toxel evolve to Amped Form(form 0).
It should be like this.
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
MultipleForms.register(:TOXEL, {
  "getForm" => proc { |pkmn|
    next 1 if [:LONELY, :BOLD, :RELAXED, :TIMID, :SERIOUS, :MODEST, :MILD,
               :QUIET, :BASHFUL, :CALM, :GENTLE, :CAREFUL].include?(pkmn.nature_id)
    next 0
  }
})

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh, another problem that has always existed in Essentials.
Toxel's form handler is also incorrect. Original code made all Toxel evolve to Amped Form(form 0).
It should be like this.
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
MultipleForms.register(:TOXEL, {
  "getForm" => proc { |pkmn|
    next 1 if [:LONELY, :BOLD, :RELAXED, :TIMID, :SERIOUS, :MODEST, :MILD,
               :QUIET, :BASHFUL, :CALM, :GENTLE, :CAREFUL].include?(pkmn.nature_id)
    next 0
  }
})
Hmm, idk about that. It should still probably have "getFormOnCreation" so it spawns in the correct form when encountered in the wild. The "getForm" handler should honestly never be relevant to Toxel unless you have a mechanic in your game where you can manually change a Pokemon's actual nature (not mints). It shouldn't have any relevance to what form Toxel evolves into.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Hmm, idk about that. It should still probably have "getFormOnCreation" so it spawns in the correct form when encountered in the wild. The "getForm" handler should honestly never be relevant to Toxel unless you have a mechanic in your game where you can manually change a Pokemon's actual nature (not mints). It shouldn't have any relevance to what form Toxel evolves into.
Well you are right.

PattyOChairs

Novice
Had this error when my playtesters Zorua disguised as a Thwackey used Shadow Sneak

[2024-08-17 23:30:52 -0500]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RGSSError

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:276:in `width'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:276:in `mosaicRefresh'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:236:in `bitmap='
BattleAnimationPlayer:810:in `block in update'
BattleAnimationPlayer:802:in `times'
BattleAnimationPlayer:802:in `update'
Scene_PlayAnimations:548:in `block in pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `loop'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `pbAnimationCore'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:373:in `pbAnimationCore'

Lucidious89

Champion
Had this error when my playtesters Zorua disguised as a Thwackey used Shadow Sneak

[2024-08-17 23:30:52 -0500]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RGSSError

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:276:in `width'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:276:in `mosaicRefresh'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:236:in `bitmap='
BattleAnimationPlayer:810:in `block in update'
BattleAnimationPlayer:802:in `times'
BattleAnimationPlayer:802:in `update'
Scene_PlayAnimations:548:in `block in pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `loop'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `pbAnimationCore'
[[DBK] Animated Pokémon System] [006] Battler Sprites.rb:373:in `pbAnimationCore'
Do you have custom move animations in your game for Shadow Sneak? The error doesn't really make any sense, nor can I replicate it.

PattyOChairs

Novice
Ahhhh, I have the Gen 9 Animation Pack. That's whats causing it. Is there anything I can do for compatability or is it a no go?

Lucidious89

Champion
Ahhhh, I have the Gen 9 Animation Pack. That's whats causing it. Is there anything I can do for compatability or is it a no go?
I have no idea, ive never looked at it. Im sure at the very least the issue can just be skipped by adding a return if the bitmap argument equals nil in the mosaic animation code. Idk what other consequences that would have, though, but it would at least stop the crash im assuming.

Willix

Novice
Hey, thanks again for this plugin, works great. I'm having an issue with it when trying to make my game joiplay compatible though, right after the prof asks for your name and before you can actually move the game crashes. It only happens when playing on android and not on windows, and also the error message is not really helpful so I guess you can't do much about it, but just in case you happen to know what may be causing this. I've tried deleting and readding several plugins, including the rest of DBK addons I was using before, and everything works fine, the error only occurs with this plugin
6lPiJZb.jpeg

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey, thanks again for this plugin, works great. I'm having an issue with it when trying to make my game joiplay compatible though, right after the prof asks for your name and before you can actually move the game crashes. It only happens when playing on android and not on windows, and also the error message is not really helpful so I guess you can't do much about it, but just in case you happen to know what may be causing this. I've tried deleting and readding several plugins, including the rest of DBK addons I was using before, and everything works fine, the error only occurs with this plugin
6lPiJZb.jpeg
I cant imagine what relevance an event error, let alone gamepad compatibility has to do with Pokemon sprites. Unless the event calls a Pokemon sprite to display at some point? Like have you tried playing normally on a computer to see what happens?

Back