• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.7

Willix

Novice
I cant imagine what relevance an event error, let alone gamepad compatibility has to do with Pokemon sprites. Unless the event calls a Pokemon sprite to display at some point? Like have you tried playing normally on a computer to see what happens?
Yeah, when playing on a computer everything is fine, no error at all. I had this same issue a long time ago, but somehow it fixed itself so I never found the source of the problem. All I can say is that the game crashes exactly at the same point it used to, and the same message appears (which says nothing). Answering your question, no sprite is called to be displayed when the error occurs, also I don't even know which event is raising that error due to the lack of information in the message. I'm really lost with this, I've tried readding the plugin several times with no luck, and when I go back to a backup without it everything works fine.

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah, when playing on a computer everything is fine, no error at all. I had this same issue a long time ago, but somehow it fixed itself so I never found the source of the problem. All I can say is that the game crashes exactly at the same point it used to, and the same message appears (which says nothing). Answering your question, no sprite is called to be displayed when the error occurs. I'm really lost with this, I've tried readding the plugin several times with no luck, and when I go back to a backup without it everything works fine.
Yeah, I don't think its related to this plugin. There's absolutely nothing about it that would be directly related to controller support. Especially since you say you had this exact same issue in the exact same spot in the past, before this plugin was even involved.

Best I can suggest is to slowly remove each part of the intro event, testing your changes each time until you isolate the exact line of the intro that triggers the error.

Willix

Novice
Yeah, I don't think its related to this plugin. There's absolutely nothing about it that would be directly related to controller support. Especially since you say you had this exact same issue in the exact same spot in the past, before this plugin was even involved.

Best I can suggest is to slowly remove each part of the intro event, testing your changes each time until you isolate the exact line of the intro that triggers the error.
You're definitely right, just installed every DBK addon, including animated sprites, on a fresh vanilla essentials 21.1 game and it works fine on android. It's definitely something related to my intro event, or maybe some plugin conflict. I'll do as you suggest and remove bit by bit till I find what is causing the issue. Thanks again!

Willix

Novice
You're definitely right, just installed every DBK addon, including animated sprites, on a fresh vanilla essentials 21.1 game and it works fine on android. It's definitely something related to my intro event, or maybe some plugin conflict. I'll do as you suggest and remove bit by bit till I find what is causing the issue. Thanks again!
Well that was fast, there were some initialization lines for variables that I used with my first attempt of using animated sprites, and that was causing the issue. Now it's working it seems. Now I have another question (sorry to bother you 😅). I'm using the starter select plugin by FL and when I get to choose the starter it shows the spritesheets instead of animating the sprites. I've tried modifying FL's script but I don't know enough coding to make it work. Any clue?

Lucidious89

Champion
Well that was fast, there were some initialization lines for variables that I used with my first attempt of using animated sprites, and that was causing the issue. Now it's working it seems. Now I have another question (sorry to bother you 😅). I'm using the starter select plugin by FL and when I get to choose the starter it shows the spritesheets instead of animating the sprites. I've tried modifying FL's script but I don't know enough coding to make it work. Any clue?
You mean this one?

That plugin creates its entirely own unique way of drawing Pokemon sprites that is unlike every other way they are drawn in UI's/Battle. It would basically need to be overhauled entirely.

Willix

Novice
You mean this one?

That plugin creates its entirely own unique way of drawing Pokemon sprites that is unlike every other way they are drawn in UI's/Battle. It would basically need to be overhauled entirely.
Yeah, this one. Ok then I guess I'll delete it and show the starters via other method

kronicrespawn

Rookie
I have noticed that when I install the animation pack (sprites) specifically that my fps drops dramatically (144 to 30/lower). I did a fresh install, only adding gen 9 pack and all DBK plugins and only saw the drop once animation pack was added (the sprites portion). Is this normal or do I need to fix something on my end? Do I need to delete the static sprites that came with gen 9 pack? Everything else work perfect btw

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I have noticed that when I install the animation pack (sprites) specifically that my fps drops dramatically (144 to 30/lower). I did a fresh install, only adding gen 9 pack and all DBK plugins and only saw the drop once animation pack was added (the sprites portion). Is this normal or do I need to fix something on my end? Do I need to delete the static sprites that came with gen 9 pack?
Sounds like a computer issue on your part, because it works fine for me, and nobody else has reported any FPS issues.

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
I've seen that follow pokémon doesn't match the super shiny hue, even if the original sprites have the exact same tone of color. Any idea how to solve this? I don't know if it is possible to give a negative hue to an event's graphic.

Lucidious89

Champion
I've seen that follow pokémon doesn't match the super shiny hue, even if the original sprites have the exact same tone of color. Any idea how to solve this? I don't know if it is possible to give a negative hue to an event's graphic.
You'd have to set the character_hue = to pkmn.super_shiny_hue wherever the code that sets the follower graphic is.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.7 Update

Plugin Updates:
  • Updated the metric files for all newly-added sprites.
  • Updated the POKEMON_UI_METRICS in the plugin Settings file for all relevant sprites.
Sprite Pack Updates:
  • Replaced the following sprites with improved versions that either had better art or animations:
    • Mega Charizard X (front)
    • Mega Beedrill (front)
    • Capped Pikachu forms (all)
    • Mega Scizor (front)
    • Mega Tyranitar (all)
    • Mega...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back