• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.7

Lucidious89

Champion
after i installed this plugin, my game doesn't compile anymore, it always stops at pokemon_base_gen_9.txt and if i delete or take this file out of the folder, the compiler stops at pokemon.txt, can someone help me?
An actual error message would help. But just play it safe and just get new copies of all of your pokemon/forms PBS files and recompile.

Thomwell

Trainer
That's really great, this plugin adds a lot of color and fun to the game. But I encountered a bug during testing, could you please help me analyze what caused it?

IPokemon Essentials version 21.1][w21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
Exception: NoMethodErrorMessage: undefined method update pokemon sprite' for #<AnimatedBitmap>
Backtrace:
[[DBK]Animated Pokémon System] [005] Pokemon Sprites.rb:47:in update'MessageConfig:497:in block in pbUpdateSpriteHash'MessageConfig:493:in each'MessageConfig:493:in`pbUpdateSpriteHash'Ul Pokedex Entny:136:in `pbUpdate'[More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison] [00] Pokedex Size Comparison Core.rb:494:inpbUpdate'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:113:in block in pbScene'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:110:in loop'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:110:in `pbScene'Ul Pokedex Entny:584:in `pbStartScreen'

Lucidious89

Champion
That's really great, this plugin adds a lot of color and fun to the game. But I encountered a bug during testing, could you please help me analyze what caused it?

IPokemon Essentials version 21.1][w21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
Exception: NoMethodErrorMessage: undefined method update pokemon sprite' for #<AnimatedBitmap>
Backtrace:
[[DBK]Animated Pokémon System] [005] Pokemon Sprites.rb:47:in update'MessageConfig:497:in block in pbUpdateSpriteHash'MessageConfig:493:in each'MessageConfig:493:in`pbUpdateSpriteHash'Ul Pokedex Entny:136:in `pbUpdate'[More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison] [00] Pokedex Size Comparison Core.rb:494:inpbUpdate'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:113:in block in pbScene'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:110:in loop'[Modular Ul Scenes] [002] Pokedex Rewrites.rb:110:in `pbScene'Ul Pokedex Entny:584:in `pbStartScreen'
Some context would help.

GrayiPunk

Rookie
I pasted the pbs backup files into my game folder and the same thing continued, pbs didn't compile after pokemon.txt/pokemon_base_gen_9.txt, and even after uninstalling the plugin, the error persisted, so I downloaded the complete folder of my game that I have saved on mediafire, and installed the plugin again, and this appeared:
xkGLnLW.jpeg

Lucidious89

Champion
I pasted the pbs backup files into my game folder and the same thing continued, pbs didn't compile after pokemon.txt/pokemon_base_gen_9.txt, and even after uninstalling the plugin, the error persisted, so I downloaded the complete folder of my game that I have saved on mediafire, and installed the plugin again, and this appeared:
xkGLnLW.jpeg
Did you manually recompile the game after installing like it says in the instructions?

GrayiPunk

Rookie
Did you manually recompile the game after installing like it says in the instructions?
From the error it gave when compiling I understood that it is something related to the "ShadowSize" parameter, specifically "-1", but if it was something like that I would have to change all the Pokemon that had this in all the metrics files, so it can't be that, right?

Ray_7760

I got shiny Mudkip
I Installed and uninstalled this like 3 times just to make sure I'm doing everything right but this still doesn't work for me.
Every time I compile the game it gives me two error messages:
[2024-07-28 18:40:14 +0300]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section WYRDEER, key SectionName

Backtrace:
395:Compiler:454:in `checkEnumField'
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:53:in `cast_csv_value'
395:Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:710:in `each'
395:Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:708:in `loop'
395:Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:34:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
and this:
[2024-07-28 18:40:29 +0300]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
395:Compiler:1104:in `rescue in main'
395:Compiler:1031:in `main'
401:Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
401:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
401:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
401:Main:45:in `block in <main>'
401:Main:44:in `loop'
401:Main:44:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'
This is on a new project so I didn't install anything else except Hotfixes, Deluxe Battle Kit, and Animated Pokemon System.

Lucidious89

Champion
I Installed and uninstalled this like 3 times just to make sure I'm doing everything right but this still doesn't work for me.
Every time I compile the game it gives me two error messages:

and this:

This is on a new project so I didn't install anything else except Hotfixes, Deluxe Battle Kit, and Animated Pokemon System.
If you don't have Gen 9 species in your game, then don't install the Gen 9 metrics file. This project assumes you have all species up to Gen 9 in your game.

Lucidious89

Champion
From the error it gave when compiling I understood that it is something related to the "ShadowSize" parameter, specifically "-1", but if it was something like that I would have to change all the Pokemon that had this in all the metrics files, so it can't be that, right?
Yes, because the ShadowSize parameter can't be a negative number in vanilla Essentials. This project changes it so that it can be. So the only way you can be getting this error is if you just didn't install the plugin scripts, or are not compiling the game as I said.

Ray_7760

I got shiny Mudkip
If you don't have Gen 9 species in your game, then don't install the Gen 9 metrics file. This project assumes you have all species up to Gen 9 in your game.
I installed a gen 9 pack for the game but then it gives me another error:
[2024-07-28 18:58:42 +0300]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

File PBS/pokemon_base_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section MEOWSCARADA, key Moves
-1,DOUBLETEAM,-1,TRICK,0,FLOWERTRICK,1,LEAFAGE,1,TAILWHIP,1,SCRATCH,7,BITE,10,HONECLAWS,13,MAGICALLEAF,15,QUICKATTACK,20,SEEDBOMB,24,UTURN,29,WORRYSEED,33,SLASH,38,NIGHTSLASH,42,ENERGYBALL,47,PLAYROUG...

Backtrace:
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:16:in `cast_csv_value'
395:Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:710:in `each'
395:Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:708:in `loop'
395:Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:49:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
395:Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'

Lucidious89

Champion

Ray_7760

I got shiny Mudkip
Recompile.
I'm trying but I notice that no matter how long I hold the Ctrl key while I boot up the game it still says "Game data was not compiled".
If I try to compile from the game it gives me an error about Butterfree.

Edit: Nevermind it worked, thanks!

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm trying but I notice that no matter how long I hold the Ctrl key while I boot up the game it still says "Game data was not compiled".
If I try to compile from the game it gives me an error about Butterfree.
You're not compiling then. The game window must be in focus.

GrayiPunk

Rookie
sorry for the late reply, you were right, I was very stupid, I totally forgot to put the window in focus even though I had read the installation tutorial, thanks for the reply

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
I think I found a small bug. If you throw a ball to a wild Pokémon and you fail to catch it, the shadow resizes when he gets out of the ball.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Animated Pokemon System [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.3 Update

• Fixed an error that would cause a crash when the move Ally Switch was used, or when the Shift command was used by the player in a triple battle.
  • Fixed the substitute doll sprite persisting through switch out, even when the incoming Pokemon doesn't have a substitute.
  • Fixed several visual bugs related to shadow sprites not displaying correctly when switching out.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion
I think I found a small bug. If you throw a ball to a wild Pokémon and you fail to catch it, the shadow resizes when he gets out of the ball.
Ugh, I wish I saw this before I posted an update. I've included a fix for this now, though.

Back