• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Caruban

Cooltrainer
re-uploaded the script to fix psyblade and doodle, add new functions for Chloroblast, and ensure sneasler evolution using DayHoldItem.

This will be the last update for v20.1, the next update will be for v21.
I've changed all AI-related scripts according to v21. I just need to do some checks before sharing and uploading it here.

Mudkipmaster2000

Rookie
Ive been having trouble with the status symbol not showing the right symbol. anyone know how to fix this ive been trying for hours and nothing is working. been looking at the code of essentials to try and fix it and nothing is working.
Also i am using "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" Plugin if that helps with anything.
I also Paralyzed the Ivysaur incase there is any confusion.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-18 150930.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-18 150930.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 126

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Ive been having trouble with the status symbol not showing the right symbol. anyone know how to fix this ive been trying for hours and nothing is working. been looking at the code of essentials to try and fix it and nothing is working.
Also i am using "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" Plugin if that helps with anything.
I also Paralyzed the Ivysaur incase there is any confusion.
It's because "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" uses 24 pixels as the status icon's height, while the vanilla and Gen 9 pack use 16 pixels.
You can either use the Gen 9 pack status icon and change the "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" Plugin status icon height variable to 16.
1689737873601.png

Or edit the "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" status icon and add the missing icon.

Mudkipmaster2000

Rookie
It's because "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" uses 24 pixels as the status icon's height, while the vanilla and Gen 9 pack use 16 pixels.
You can either use the Gen 9 pack status icon and change the "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" Plugin status icon height variable to 16.View attachment 19244

Or edit the "NPB's Battle UI and even MORE more" status icon and add the missing icon.
ah that makes sense, danke.

ashvstheworld

Rookie
I'm a little confused on how to install this, I'm using a new fresh Essentials project and only just added the hotfix, I'm met with error when I launch it while following the steps:
  • Copy Audio, Graphics, and Plugins to your project folder.
  • If this is your first time installing the Generation 9 Pack, then you can recompile your game first. (You can hold Ctrl while the game starts to force the game to compile).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-23 192114.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-23 192114.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 112

LinKazamine

Champion
I'm a little confused on how to install this, I'm using a new fresh Essentials project and only just added the hotfix, I'm met with error when I launch it while following the steps:
  • Copy Audio, Graphics, and Plugins to your project folder.
  • If this is your first time installing the Generation 9 Pack, then you can recompile your game first. (You can hold Ctrl while the game starts to force the game to compile).
When does the error happen? When the game opens? When you try to load a save file?
Oh, nevermind, I just noticed. You have installed the hotfixes for pokemon essentials v20.1 while you have pokemon Essentials v21. Not to say that the overview of the plugin says it's for version 20.1. Since the creator plans to update it to v21, its safe to assume that its not compatible yet.

ashvstheworld

Rookie
When does the error happen? When the game opens? When you try to load a save file?
Oh, nevermind, I just noticed. You have installed the hotfixes for pokemon essentials v20.1 while you have pokemon Essentials v21. Not to say that the overview of the plugin says it's for version 20.1. Since the creator plans to update it to v21, its safe to assume that its not compatible yet.
Oh I'm an idiot lol :'D Gonna install version 20.1

Pavlote

Rookie
1690324227915.png

I'm new in this so i don't know what to do with this. I think i've installed all correctly, can anyone help me?

baneslayertheta

Rookie
Hi, I'm a little new to this and liked your pact so I downloaded it to my game. But I'm getting this error when trying to compile the new files. I also downloaded the Gen 8 Resource Pack from Golisopod User and copied those files over from the optional file.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 1 (coords 0,0), map 1 (Intro)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbTrainerName

Backtrace:
302:UI_TextEntry:417:in `pbStartScene'
302:UI_TextEntry:765:in `pbStartScreen'
302:UI_TextEntry:789:in `block in pbEnterText'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
302:UI_TextEntry:786:in `pbEnterText'
302:UI_TextEntry:796:in `pbEnterPlayerName'
347:Utilities:228:in `pbTrainerName'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a little new to this and liked your pact so I downloaded it to my game. But I'm getting this error when trying to compile the new files. I also downloaded the Gen 8 Resource Pack from Golisopod User and copied those files over from the optional file.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 1 (coords 0,0), map 1 (Intro)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbTrainerName

Backtrace:
302:UI_TextEntry:417:in `pbStartScene'
302:UI_TextEntry:765:in `pbStartScreen'
302:UI_TextEntry:789:in `block in pbEnterText'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
302:UI_TextEntry:786:in `pbEnterText'
302:UI_TextEntry:796:in `pbEnterPlayerName'
347:Utilities:228:in `pbTrainerName'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
This is unrelated to the pack, you're just missing the overworld graphic for your player character.

I have a guide to reading error messages here that you might find helpful:

coolester1234

Rookie
Hello, just wondering why this is not compatible with v21. Would I least be able to use the Pokemon PBS file?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, just wondering why this is not compatible with v21. Would I least be able to use the Pokemon PBS file?
Pretty much just due to the AI code.

coolester1234

Rookie
I used everything that's not in the plugins folder in my v21 game, but you have to change the evolution methods
Well that will save some time on Gen 9 Pokemon. I was planning to fix the evolution methods already. Would the moves need to be fixed as well? I am assuming some moves might not work due to plugins.

Back