• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Caruban

Cooltrainer
So another developer (Nut0066) and I have been working on move animations for a bunch of PLA + Gen 9 moves. These animations piggyback off of the Reborn Gen 8 move animation project, which some other animations already shared here do as well, so just know that you'll have some missing assets if you just drop them into a blank Essentials project.

Aqua Step
Chilling Water
Stone Axe
Twin Beam

Aqua Cutter
Bitter Malice
Bleakwind Storm
Chloroblast
Dire Claw
Headlong Rush
Hyper Drill
Ice Spinner
Last Respects
Mortal Spin
Mountain Gale
Order Up
Raging Fury
Revival Blessing
Sandsear Storm
Shed Tail
Shelter
Springtide Storm
Trailblaze
Triple Dive
Wave Crash
Wildbolt Storm

Expect more soon.

Thanks for sharing this cool animation.
and when I opened all this animation, I found this:
  • There is Hydro Cannon opp. animation inside Chloroblast opp. animation file
  • Stone Axe using "KRL - Stone Axe" animation sheet instead of "GEN8- Stone Axe"

PorterOfGames

Rookie
I seem to be having a problem even taking a step after updating to the latest version. This error will get thrown up the second I move in-game:

1688048843646.png

I am not running an old savefile (I always start new games after installing or updating anything), and made sure to fully delete the old version from my plugins folder before replacing it with the new one, as well as overwrite everything else it needed to overwrite, so I'm not quite sure what's going on here. This may've been a blunder on my part, I'm not sure, but any help would be appreciated.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I seem to be having a problem even taking a step after updating to the latest version. This error will get thrown up the second I move in-game:

View attachment 18592

I am not running an old savefile (I always start new games after installing or updating anything), and made sure to fully delete the old version from my plugins folder before replacing it with the new one, as well as overwrite everything else it needed to overwrite, so I'm not quite sure what's going on here. This may've been a blunder on my part, I'm not sure, but any help would be appreciated.
Ah.. thanks for the report,
For now you can add if $player.party_count > 0 next to $player.first_able_pokemon.walking_evolution inside Pokemon.rb
like this
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
EventHandlers.add(:on_player_step_taken, :evolution_steps, proc {
  $player.first_able_pokemon.walking_evolution if $player.party_count > 0
})

I will reupload the script tomorrow.

d3viL

Rookie
Does this pack contain all the sprites upto gen 8 along with gen 9 ? If not, would it not be a good idea to have all of them in one place to reduce the usage of multiple plugins (gen 8 pack & gen 9 pack).

Lucidious89

Champion
Does this pack contain all the sprites upto gen 8 along with gen 9 ? If not, would it not be a good idea to have all of them in one place to reduce the usage of multiple plugins (gen 8 pack & gen 9 pack).
Well, its probably mostly due to the Gen 8 Pack already sort of setting the standard for how Gen 6+ sprites are implemented. So this plugin is in the awkward situation of deciding whether to adopt the Gen 8 Pack style of implementing sprites (essentially just absorbing all of the Gen 8 scripts into itself, and making that plugin obsolete), or including all of the sprites and implement them in the vanilla style (making this plugin incompatible with the Gen 8 Pack and its features), OR just providing Gen 9 sprites in particular in a way that can be used with or without the Gen 8 Pack.

Caruban seems to have gone with option 3, which I think I would have done the same in his position. The first option would be stepping on the toes of another plugin developer, and the second option disrupts the standard that everyone has already adopted due to the popularity of the Gen 8 Pack. Option 3 is the most flexible and self-contained.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I was checking this plugins update and it seems that you forgot to add the battle back sprites and shiny back sprites for Wooper from paldea.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Could compatibility be added with the Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin? The addition of the new statuses messes up the index.
It looks like you just need to edit the plugin's status graphic.
As Lucidious said, the Gen 8 pack contains not only sprites but also scripts that change how Pokemon sprites are displayed. and not everyone wants to use that style. That's why I made two versions of sprites for this resource pack.
I was checking this plugins update and it seems that you forgot to add the battle back sprites and shiny back sprites for Wooper from paldea.
Ah.. my bad.

I just reuploaded the resource pack with minor changes.
  • Fixed the walking evolution bug
  • Added in battle effect for Illuminate ability.
  • Added the missing paldean wooper back sprites.
  • Added statuses graphic for Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
It looks like you just need to edit the plugin's status graphic.
  • Added statuses graphic for Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin
I'm not sure if it has to do with how the script for the Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin chops the statuses.png graphic into sections, but extending the status graphic to add the new statuses causes this issue, where some statuses are displayed incorrectly on the summary screen or do not display at all.
When drowsy:
[2023-06-30] 12_33_33.550.png
[2023-06-30] 12_33_35.832.png

(Displays as freeze on the summary screen)
When asleep:
[2023-06-30] 12_33_47.002.png
[2023-06-30] 12_33_49.819.png

(No status on summary screen even though there is supposed to be one)

Refrain

Ref:rain
I'm not sure if it has to do with how the script for the Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin chops the statuses.png graphic into sections, but extending the status graphic to add the new statuses causes this issue, where some statuses are displayed incorrectly on the summary screen or do not display at all.
When drowsy:
View attachment 18668View attachment 18669
(Displays as freeze on the summary screen)
When asleep:
View attachment 18670View attachment 18671
(No status on summary screen even though there is supposed to be one)
Are you using bw summary screen? The problem maybe in that's plugin

KRLW890

The Beast
Thanks for sharing this cool animation.
and when I opened all this animation, I found this:
  • There is Hydro Cannon opp. animation inside Chloroblast opp. animation file
  • Stone Axe using "KRL - Stone Axe" animation sheet instead of "GEN8- Stone Axe"
Just reuploaded. Should be fixed now. Same link as before:

RegalSword

I have the weather set to snow in the Settings.rb of the Gen 9 Pack but the displayed message is still "Hail is falling". The chip damage is gone though, so it should just be a text error?
Edit: Seems like line 296 in Battle_StartAndEnd of the default Essentials scripts isn't being overridden.

Last edited:

RegalSword

Are you using bw summary screen? The problem maybe in that's plugin
Okay, yeah. I think the issue is with how the BW Summary Screen plugin chops the statuses.png into sections. So that would be the section starting from line 475 in BW Summary Screen.rb. I have no idea how to rewrite the code to account for the extra statuses though.
Edit: I replaced the code for displaying statuses on the summary screen in the BW plugin with the vanilla essentials code, then edited the xy coordinates. The statuses seem to be displaying properly now.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I have the weather set to snow in the Settings.rb of the Gen 9 Pack but the displayed message is still "Hail is falling". The chip damage is gone though, so it should just be a text error?
Edit: Seems like line 296 in Battle_StartAndEnd of the default Essentials scripts isn't being overridden.
I've just tested it and it seems to work fine for me. Are you sure you just don't have another plugin affecting weather that is overwriting this plugin?

RegalSword

I've just tested it and it seems to work fine for me. Are you sure you just don't have another plugin affecting weather that is overwriting this plugin?
Okay, I've tested every scenario I can think of. Here are my results:
When the ability Snow Warning activates OR when the Player uses the move Snowscape:
Animation plays properly and the "Snow started to fall!" message displays.
In between turns (while snow is active):
Animation plays, but no text appears.
When the AI chooses the move Snowscape:
Before any Pokemon perform their moves, this error message appears:
=================

[2023-06-30 22:09:58 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Improved AI] AI_EffectScores.rb:110:in `pbGetMoveScoreFunctionCode'
[Consistent AI] AI Move EffectScores.rb:19:in `pbGetMoveScoreFunctionCode'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:119:in `pbGetMoveScore'
AI_Move:127:in `pbRegisterMoveTrainer'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:22:in `block in pbChooseMoves'
Battle_Battler:455:in `block in eachMoveWithIndex'
Battle_Battler:455:in `each'
Battle_Battler:455:in `each_with_index'
Battle_Battler:455:in `eachMoveWithIndex'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:17:in `pbChooseMoves'

The game does not crash and the battle continues. Other Pokemon are able to perform their action but the Pokemon attempting to use snowscape has their turn skipped. This seems to be an issue with the Improved AI plugin. They try to call HAIL_MODE which I can only assume was used in an older version of the Gen 9 Pack but is no longer used.
When entering a battle with weather snow active in the overworld (as defined in map metadata):
The message "Hail is falling" appears at the start of the battle. This should correspond to line 296 in Battle_StartAndEnd of the default Essentials scripts, since editing that line of text fixed the issue.
In between turns: Same as before, where the animation plays but no text appears. My Meowscarada did not take damage suggesting that Snow was called instead of Hail, and that it is just a text issue.

Last edited:

SuperSpyroDragon64

Cooltrainer
Enemy Blastoise used Shell Smash, causing this:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:149:in `triggerOnStatGain'
164:Battler_StatStages:65:in `pbRaiseStatStage'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:125:in `pbRaiseStatStage'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:450:in `block in pbEffectGeneral'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:448:in `times'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:448:in `pbEffectGeneral'
166:Battler_UseMove:706:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
166:Battler_UseMove:407:in `block in pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `times'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `pbUseMove'

The "All Abilities Mutation" plugin in "All Pokemon have all Abilities" mode was active at the time. Not sure if your plugin caused this, or that one, or a mix of the two.

Lucidious89

Champion
Okay, I've tested every scenario I can think of. Here are my results:
When the ability Snow Warning activates OR when the Player uses the move Snowscape:
Animation plays properly and the "Snow started to fall!" message displays.
In between turns (while snow is active):
Animation plays, but no text appears.
When the AI chooses the move Snowscape:
Before any Pokemon perform their moves, this error message appears:
=================

[2023-06-30 22:09:58 -0700]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Improved AI] AI_EffectScores.rb:110:in `pbGetMoveScoreFunctionCode'
[Consistent AI] AI Move EffectScores.rb:19:in `pbGetMoveScoreFunctionCode'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:119:in `pbGetMoveScore'
AI_Move:127:in `pbRegisterMoveTrainer'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:22:in `block in pbChooseMoves'
Battle_Battler:455:in `block in eachMoveWithIndex'
Battle_Battler:455:in `each'
Battle_Battler:455:in `each_with_index'
Battle_Battler:455:in `eachMoveWithIndex'
[Consistent AI] AI Move.rb:17:in `pbChooseMoves'

The game does not crash and the battle continues. Other Pokemon are able to perform their action but the Pokemon attempting to use snowscape has their turn skipped. This seems to be an issue with the Improved AI plugin. They try to call HAIL_MODE which I can only assume was used in an older version of the Gen 9 Pack but is no longer used.
When entering a battle with weather snow active in the overworld (as defined in map metadata):
The message "Hail is falling" appears at the start of the battle. This should correspond to line 296 in Battle_StartAndEnd of the default Essentials scripts, since editing that line of text fixed the issue.
In between turns: Same as before, where the animation plays but no text appears. My Meowscarada did not take damage suggesting that Snow was called instead of Hail, and that it is just a text issue.
For the first issue; I'm not familiar with the Improved AI plugin, but I would have to assume that it had some built-in compatibility with the previous version of the Gen 9 Pack, as you said. So the fix for that would be for that plugin developer to update their plugin for compatibility with the new version of the Gen 9 Pack, as almost all of the code in the current version has changed from the previous version. As you said, HAIL_MODE no longer exists., which explains the error.

The second issue; again, you're correct that it's just a text issue. It obviously never occurred to either of us that weather text is displayed completely differently when the weather is inherited from the overworld weather. So that will have to be added in an update at some point. But mechanically, it will work as intended.

Lucidious89

Champion
Enemy Blastoise used Shell Smash, causing this:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:149:in `triggerOnStatGain'
164:Battler_StatStages:65:in `pbRaiseStatStage'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:125:in `pbRaiseStatStage'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:450:in `block in pbEffectGeneral'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:448:in `times'
177:MoveEffects_BattlerStats:448:in `pbEffectGeneral'
166:Battler_UseMove:706:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
166:Battler_UseMove:407:in `block in pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `times'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `pbUseMove'

The "All Abilities Mutation" plugin in "All Pokemon have all Abilities" mode was active at the time. Not sure if your plugin caused this, or that one, or a mix of the two.
That plugin is no longer compatible with the newest version of the Gen 9 Pack. That plugin developer will have to update their scripts.

RegalSword

When the weather is rain, in between turns the message "It is raining." will play, but there is no text for snow. Is this intentional? This applies to both snow inherited from the overworld and snow activated during battle.

Lucidious89

Champion
When the weather is rain, in between turns the message "It is raining." will play, but there is no text for snow. Is this intentional? This applies to both snow inherited from the overworld and snow activated during battle.
Yeah, its intentional. Essentials is really inconsistent with weather messages (Sun doesnt display a message at the end of each turn, I believe). Newer gens dont display these messages (though, again, its kinda inconsistent), so that's what we went by here.

I think v21 went back to incorporating messages for all weather types, so I assume we'll return to that standard too in the future.

Back