• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Shattered Light

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
title.gif

uLlYu9Q.png

Oa2XQ8F.png

"Pokémon Shattered Light"

AKdZRdx.png

CGdSsnr.png

avPIHdE.png

*Please read the notes before downloading the game!

Download Pokémon Shattered Light (v1.1.0)

Join the Shattered Light Discord server here!

Check out the Wiki here!

VyoydH9.png

Engine: Pokémon Essentials v20.1 (RPG Maker XP)
IDE: Visual Studio Code
Audio Editing: Audacity & FL Studio
Image Editing: Paint.NET

7228Pw3.png

@Voltseon
@ENLS
@Tristantine The Great

qG5cqdt.png

Welcome to the Tepora Region. Challenge the Gym Challenge and become the Tepora Champion! Meet all kinds of different Pokémon, including a full completable National Dex along with Mega Evolutions, Shadow Pokémon and an estimated 10h story line to go along with it. You meet tons of different people. And you can even challenge the Battle Facilities once you've become the champion. But that's all I will give you.

Technical note: if the game ever starts lagging or shows artifacts, save and reopen the game. Hopefully that fixes it!

nDbZY9R.png

Download the Resource Pack

vo9QIu0.png

Pokémon Shattered Light

Made by:

Voltseon
ENLS
Tristantine The Great

Official Gen 4 Day & Night Tones by:
VanillaSunshine

GBA Remixes by:
Zame
Soundfont Witch
MezmerKaiser

Unreal Time System by:
FL

Pokemon USUM Ultra Necrozma Overworld Sprite by:
Zender1752

Defiance-styled Region Map Kit by:
Makattack202

Overworld Weather Moves by:
TechSkylander1518

Tilesets by:
Ekat
Vurtax
Slimshady
TheWildDeadHeroAlistar
Zein
Heartlessdragoon
Idilio
Aveontrainer
Shyinn
AnonAlpaca
Zeo
Aldo
War8
Redblueyellow
SteamyJ
Puggsoy
Voltseon
Pokémon Rejuvenation

Ultra Wormhole Animation by:
Ulithium_Dragon

Location Signposts by:
LostSoulsDev / carmaniac
PurpleZaffre
Golisopod User

Terrain Step Sounds by:
Enurta
gameguy

Wall Clock by:
FL

Roaming Icons by:
G.E.Z
WolfPP

"Voltseon's Pause Menu" v.1.8 by:
Voltseon
Golisopod User
ENLS

"Voltseon's Handy Tools" v.1.4 by:
Voltseon
ENLS

"Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding" v.1.2 by:
Voltseon
Golisopod User
ENLS

"Transform Mosaic Animation" v.1.0 by:
KleinStudio (original)
bo4p5687 (update)

"Better Speed Up" v.2.0 by:
Marin
Phantombass

"Rename from Party" v.1.0 by:
TechSkylander1518

"RSE Trainer Card" v.1.1.0 by:
Shashu-Greninja
Gazza teh Fox
ENLS

"RSE Starter Choice" v.1.0 by:
Voltseon

"Poké Ball Swap" v.1.0 by:
TechSkylander1518

"PokéSearch" v.1.1 by:
Voltseon

"Overworld Weather Moves" v.1.0 by:
TechSkylander1518

"Overworld Shadows EX" v.2.0.2 by:
Golisopod User
Wolf PP
Marin

"Ultimate Move Tutor" v.1.2 by:
Grogro

"More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison" v.1.0 by:
Caruban

"Marin's Scripting Utilities" v.2.0 by:
Marin

"Marin's Map Exporter" v.2.1 by:
Marin

"Mach and Acro bike" v.2.0 by:
Rei (original - 2014)
bo4p5687 (update)

"Item Find" v.2.0 by:
Boonzeet

"HM Emulator" v.1.0 by:
Voltseon
ENLS

"Generation 8 Pack Scripts" v.1.0.1 by:
Golisopod User
Luka S.J.

"Gender selection (style: S/M)" v.2.0 by:
bo4p5687
Richard PT (graphics)

"Footprints" v.1.0 by:
KleinStudio
WolfPP
bo4p5687

"Following Pokemon EX" v.2.2.2 by:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Venom12
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

"Fly Animation by KleinStudio" v.2.0 by:
KleinStudio (original)
bo4p5687 (update)

"ENLS's Random Utilities" v.1.1 by:
ENLS

"Deep Marsh Tiles" v.1.0.0 by:
Kotaro
Vendily
Mashirosakura

"Check stats in battle" v.2.0 by:
bo4p5687

"Carmaniac's Speech Bubble Script" v.1.0.0 by:
NonoNever
Carmaniac

"Boon's Phenomena" v.3.0 by:
Boonzeet

"BerryPots for Essentials v20" v.1.0 by:
Caruban

"Bag Screen w/int. Party" v.2.2.0 by:
DiegoWT

"Animation change form (BW)" v.2.0 by:
KleinStudio
bo4p5687

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

JPA93

Novice
1660239529289.png

Could click "OK" and Grookey kept using Growl consecutively (without giving me a turn), repeating this error message, until Scorbunny's attack couldn't drop lower.

JPA93

Novice
Nice! The game looks beautiful and very polished so far, can't wait to play!

The game has been updated to version 1.0.2 - I fixed a bug related to Overworld Encounters

Also a friendly reminder to toggle Overworld Encounters on in your settings (this was turned off by default)
unknown.png

PyroGaleZX

Novice
The game is great so far, however, I'm sorry to say I ran into a bug, when a Pokemon wants to learn a new move the Pokemon is unable to actually learn it. I can hover over the moves but trying to press Enter or C does nothing, not even opening the dialogue regarding a new move. I don't know if this has been addressed yet but I figured I'd mention it.

The game is great so far, however, I'm sorry to say I ran into a bug, when a Pokemon wants to learn a new move the Pokemon is unable to actually learn it. I can hover over the moves but trying to press Enter or C does nothing, not even opening the dialogue regarding a new move. I don't know if this has been addressed yet but I figured I'd mention it.
This has been fixed in the newest update

Sorry for such a quick succession of updates, there are a lot of bugs being found haha.
I've updated the game to version 1.0.5.
Changes since 1.0.2:
  • Fixed where exiting the vending machine by clicking back would instead purchase a moo moo milk
  • Increased the obedience levels for trade and gift Pokémon (10 x the amount of badges you have + 1; that means if you have 1 badge pokemon up to level 30 obey you)
  • Fixed a small bug where Shaking Grass and similar phenomena could spawn on top of other events
  • Fixed a bug where the HM Emulator would not allow you to use Fly
  • A graphical bug caused by shadow pokémon made battles look really funky
  • The total play time on the trainer card and in the save screen did not match
  • The massage lady had some weird stuff happening to the message window arrows, these have been removed for now
  • The Gym mechanic in the Galvin City Gym could mess up events if you were standing in a specific location
  • The Egg Watch in the summary screen of an egg had some alignment issues
  • You can now no longer rename shadow pokémon from the party screen
  • Pokémon were unable to learn new moves if they had already 4 moves

Update time! There have been a few patches since the last update post, the game is currently on version 1.0.10.
Here's a list of changes since v1.0.5:
  • Fixed a crash that happened when you tried to fish
  • Added the version number in the bottom left of the title screen
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen if you didn't have a "Plugins" folder
  • Some gift items had a typo, causing the game to crash
  • Resurfacing whilst diving was unable in certain cases (using the HM Emulator)
  • Fixed a minor text-related bug regarding the Dex Evaluation
  • Fixed a bunch of bugs and crashes regarding the ending of the plot (characters not looking the right way, items crashing the game and being able to duplicate specific Pokémon)
  • Fixed a bug where flying to a specific location would send you to the void
  • Fixed being unable to use Flash and Rock Smash using the HM Emulator
  • Fixed some Shadow Pokémon using their wrong sprite
  • Fixed a few tile errors

JPA93

Novice
The Potion quest for the lady with the aching ankle in Smith City is broken for me, even when selecting a Potion the event continues as if I had exited the bag. (v1.0.10)

Edit: it worked after scrolling down in the menu and then selecting the Potion afterwards

JPA93

Novice
Just completed the main game (in a little over 6 hours), wow! One of the prettiest gen 3 games I have ever seen, love the tiles you used and the overall aesthetic reminded me of some of the great gen 3 romhacks. Using the constantly changing weather to allow for such a massive variety of encounters on every route is really neat. All the QoL additions are very cool as well.

Having a few regional forms like in The Last Wish or fakemon instead of such a huge dex would have made the game even more exciting for me personally, but the Shadow Pokemon filled that role quite well.

The difficulty was just right for me (that Tauros in the first Gym tho), the level curve almost perfect throughout.

I expected a high quality game after The Last Wish(es), but it's hard to believe this was a Jam game and not one made over years of development. With the 8 gyms + E4, classic Pokemon storyline and overall polish it really felt like an official game. Y'all must have worked very hard to get it done, thank you!

View attachment 11815

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Yo, how you've been doing guys? The game is looking phenomenal so far, looks like you've been improving a lot over your past entries.
I will post a full review once I'm done, but since you seem to be frequently updating this I thought I'd leave some bugs here: (one might be a softlock bug)

- Borad isnt interactable right after the bag event (before picking your starter)
- Some of the jingles, e.g. "caught pokemon" and "victory" are way louder compared to the rest of the SFX
  • Map connection error as shown in screenshot
  • Viewing Woopers unregistered entry and pressing right crashes the game
  • If you get to Smith city with no water mon, and get the badge, upon being given surf the boat vanishes. It seems like there's no water-type pokemon available or mons that can learn surf in the vincinity, so I am unable to progress further. Aggron can learn surf but it would take forever to catch an aron from the desert and get it to that level. EDIT: Helioptile CAN learn surf, I had forgotten about that. Still, it'd be better to have at least a wooper spawn in the desert.

err.png

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Just started this game last evening.
So far, it's gorgeous and I am intrigued but I have a sprite lag? It's nowhere near the most horrendous I have experienced but it's still not ideal.

Lucifer

Fallen1
A strange thing happened to me.
I hooked a Mareanie with the Old Rod on Route 304 and caught it, but I didn't like its stats so I soft reset.
This is a normal practice for me to avoid wasting Pokeballs and money, and this was definitely NOT the first time I have done it in this game but when the game reloaded this time it was kinda broken. The menu was basic, my follower and Pokemon back sprites were gone, and front sprites were teeny tiny:
MenuGlitch1.PNG

SpriteGlitch1.PNG

The lag I reported in the above post was gone and there was an option to toggle running in the options menu that was not there before.
The game was still playable, but I was worried and wanted my follower and back sprites back. I closed the game and re-opened it to see if this would fix it and now it crashes after I click past the title screen with the following error:
LoadError.PNG

So now I can't play. What the hell happened? All I did was soft reset a Mareanie. Please tell me I can fix this.

UPDATE: Ok I extracted the game again and that fixed the problem but I still want to know what happened because it takes several hours for this game to extract and that's not fun.

Last edited:
A strange thing happened to me.
I hooked a Mareanie with the Old Rod on Route 304 and caught it, but I didn't like its stats so I soft reset.
This is a normal practice for me to avoid wasting Pokeballs and money, and this was definitely NOT the first time I have done it in this game but when the game reloaded this time it was kinda broken. The menu was basic, my follower and Pokemon back sprites were gone, and front sprites were teeny tiny:
View attachment 11942
View attachment 11943
The lag I reported in the above post was gone and there was an option to toggle running in the options menu that was not there before.
The game was still playable, but I was worried and wanted my follower and back sprites back. I closed the game and re-opened it to see if this would fix it and now it crashes after I click past the title screen with the following error:
View attachment 11944
So now I can't play. What the hell happened? All I did was soft reset a Mareanie. Please tell me I can fix this.

UPDATE: Ok I extracted the game again and that fixed the problem but I still want to know what happened because it takes several hours for this game to extract and that's not fun.
Hi there, thanks for your post. There is this file in the Data folder called PluginScripts.rxdata that handles the pause menu, the sprite resizing, following pokemon etc.
What I believe is happening is when you hit F12 to soft reset it deletes this file causing these issues to appear. Instead of soft resetting using F12 it's recommended to just reopen the game instead.
We'll look for a fix and update the game as soon as all currently known bugs have been fixed.

The game has been updated to v1.0.12!
We are trying to slow down patches to give people more time to report bugs and to play the game without being interrupted by patch-updates, for that reason we will try our best to slow down our updates. If you do find any bugs please report them under this thread or on our discord. Until then, here's the current patchnotes (from v1.0.11 and v1.0.12):
  • Fixed a crash that would happen if you opened the pokedex if you were playing with any character that wasn't
    :Player_m1:
    :Player_f1:
  • Fixed several grammar issues (mostly capitalisation errors)
  • Fixed a bug regarding the Arcane City Gym where you could get stuck if you walked up on the right spot
  • Fixed the bug where your bag would select the wrong item
  • Fixed a crash that would occur randomly in Flimsy Cave caused by Phenomenon Encounters
  • Fixed several other crashes when warping / entering new locations
  • Made a temporary fix for playing on restricted networks / without internet*
  • Changed several Pokémon to now learn Cut (Pokémon that previously also learned Metal Claw) as well as gave the Timburr line access to Rock Smash
  • Fixed a minor tile error that allowed you to see the void
  • Fixed a text issue regarding the PokéSearch
  • You can now delete your save data by pressing the following button combination on the title screen: Ctrl + Down + X (Cancel Button)

* To play on offline mode (bypass the version checker in case of restricted network or if you don't have a direct internet connection) open the mkxp.json file in any text editor (Notepad works) and change the useHTTPLite value at the top from true > to > false

Back