• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Wog Tog

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
DeU68ux.png

6PvIsdY.png

As a farmer you just moved into your newly rented land,
with just a hatchet-like tool you till and terraform
the wild land into your own personalized farm.
You grow crops, raise and herd strange animals.
These strange animals called "Gows" drop valuable
stones every day as you gain a monopoly in these
valuable stones as well as other farmables.

This game was made for
Pog Jam #2

nXCA6FY.png

IOJwbjk.png

QQwL4Lb.png

Download Wog Tog (v1.2.3)

8GhAswr.png

Made by:
Voltseon

Pog Jam Assets by:
Pog Jam #2 Coordinators

Original "Poggers" clip by:
Chuck E. Cheese

ENLS's Pre-looped Music Library by:
ENLS
YTKrakerwat
Thundaga

Foggy Depths 8 Palette by:
Chase Stemel on lospec.com

v20 Hotfixes:
Maruno

Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding:
Voltseon
Golisopod User
ENLS

"Pokemon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:
Updated Wog Tog to v1.2.2

Changelog:
  • Fixed a crash when interacting with a Gow when certain specific conditions were met
  • Fixed a crash related to crafting a Gow Reader
  • Fixed a softlock during an Esther event

Last edited:
Such a fun little farming game! I played approx. 2 hours of Wog Tog, and I really enjoyed it! If you have a couple of hours to kill, this is the perfect game for you. 🙂
  • I loved the simple graphics and colour scheme! This game really has that GameBoy/gen one pokemon feel to it. The characters and gows were adorable too.
  • The music playlist that played all day long was such a nice little feature.
  • I really loved placing the crops on the ground and seeing the gows run towards them! (Though it is a bit buggy right now).
  • The overall gameplay loop was solid! I loved taming the gows, and making lots of money from crops!
  • The progression felt good. The upgrades weren't too difficult to achieve, and the collector/gow stone thingy/gaston were really convenient.
I have a few points of feedback/suggestions below. If you're not looking for feedback, then ignore this part 😛
  • The spookier music themes weren't so fitting for the game imo (Mt. Moon/Viridian Forest)
  • I would probably raise the amount of happiness gained from petting or add an auto petting feature.
  • It was a little tricky trying to herd the gows, maybe make it so that they will always follow you when you're holding crops? Right now they sometimes move away randomly.
  • The rock, gow stone and leather sprites were all quite similar to each other. I got confused sometimes haha.
  • I had a look at the changelog.txt for v1.2 and found a lot of info that I didn't know about! (e.g. Upgrading tool increases seed chance, potted plants, gows having a line when they mature etc.) It might be helpful to have some of that info in the game or maybe just in a txt in the folder, I guess.
These are just some nitpicks. None of them impacted the game too much. I still enjoyed the game muchly!

Overall, this game was super fun! It has great sprites, great music, great scripting and great gameplay! This game also has a lot of potential, so if you're planning to expand it, I would be very excited about it!

Updated Wog Tog to v1.2.3

Changelog:
  • You can now press 'M' for a quicksave (be careful using it), mainly in case the game crashes / softlocks after sleeping but before waking up (where it saves)
  • Made Esther walk 1 tile less, possibly fixing a softlock

Inferadon

Trainer
Wow, this game really is a fun and unique experience!
I really enjoyed playing it!

I've never seen someone making a game that went a different direction with Pokémon Essentials!

And all this after only 7 days of developing and an accidental deletion of the main map...
Truely incredible! ^^

CosmiKari

Rookie
I've been playing the hack a bit and really enjoy it so far, but I can't seem to progress past day 6.
Once I go to sleep on day 6, when day 7 starts and the npc is walking towards the house they stop at the 2nd tile in front of the player and the only button that works is (default key) d, which moves the selected inventory slot to the right by one but nothing else happens/works. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be dialogue or anything there, since nothing pops up.

I'd love to continue playing but I'm not sure what's wrong ;w;
Otherwise, I love the gameplay and mechanics!! I love the vibe

Back