• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed PokéScape 3D

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Sep 22, 2021
Game Title:
0euexg3.png

(It is a bad graphic I know)

Game Screenshots:
mo7P4yx.png
reJpRa7.png

zR7FATb.png
kyCXQnr.png

4b0MP8O.png
o9FnqnA.png
Game Download:

v1.2
Download for Windows

v1.0

Download for Windows
Download for Mac
Download for Linux

Android and Apple support currently not available, I might consider building it for mobile devices in the future.

Other Links
Leaderboards - My site

I'd appreciate it if you check out these links!

If you find any bugs feel free to report them on the discord.
The speedrun.com link is currently inaccessable as the game is not on there 'yet'.
I'll gladly look at your speedruns on the discord though!

Made Using:
Unity3D - Game Engine
Paint.NET - Art Assets
Audacity - Audio
Visual Studio Code - IDE

Team:
@Voltseon (Me) -
Developer
@Thundaga - Beta Tester
@ENLS - Beta Tester

Notes:

Pressing the Escape Button will send you to the main menu
Only when not in play mode like in the win screen
Pressing escape in the main menu will close the game
It is possible to get out of bounds with some movement skills
Yes, that is a dare to get out of bounds

No, there is nothing hidden out of bounds ;)
You have to check the speedrun mode box to have a speedrun timer on during play mode
You have to re-enable this after a run
You'll still see your finishing time in the win screen even if you dont have speedrun mode enabled
Try to get a good time, current record is by @Thundaga with 19 seconds!
You can only use the Dash ability when you're in a 'falling state'
This means you can use your Dash after jumping
Or if you're 'falling' off a ledge/terrain imperfection

Dashing has a 2 second cooldown
A Dash will always be performed in the direction you're looking, but not in the Y-axis.
Spawn locations for the collectables are randomized for each run
The trainer AI will look for you in a wander state

After they spot you they check again whether you are in front of them
If you are they will throw their Pokéballs

No, you cannot enter buildings :)

Resource Pack:
Get the resource pack right here.

Credits:
Team itself: @Voltseon @Thundaga @ENLS
Sprite assets: @Voltseon (Voltseon Sprite, UI Elements) Emdy (Thundaga Sprite) Relic Castle Staff & Judges @catwithnojob @Mashirosakura (Challenge Graphics) The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak (Official gen 3 sprites & gen 4 overworld sprites)
Music: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak (Dewford Town RSE, Encounter PokéManiac RSE, Goldenrod City HGSS, Wild Battle Victory HGSS)
Sounds: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak (RSE animation, battle & GUI sound effects, DPPT Mining Sound Effects, Swish Sound from OpenGameArt)
Fonts: Power Green
Scripts & Programming: @Voltseon (Unity C#)
Level design / building: @Voltseon (Unity 3D)

Here's where I used graphics:
Jams - 10 spread out throughout the map at 'random' set locations. The kind of jam is randomly selected per spawn. These you collect as the main gameplay element / driving point.
Running Shoes - Used the golden ones that spawns somewhere at a 'random' set location as a collectable needed to progress the game. As it is the item you have to provide to get past a blocker (if you want to do it the intentional way that is)
Trainer in black / brown and red outfit - 2 of each wander around the city, trying to catch you, the obstacles you want to avoid.
Upside down Pokéballs - Trainers throw these Pokéballs, though hard to see, you can also see it in the 'caught' animation when you select the wrong move during battle or you wait too long during battle.
Maple leaves (all three of them) exists as a particle effect around trees, nothing but aesthetical.
Tables (all three of them) exist in the files but not used.

Happy speedrunning and playing! :)
And again thanks to the Relic Castle Staff team for this Game Jam!
<3 Voltseon

Attachments

• 1614182006301.png
    1614182006301.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 5,532
  • 1614182097886.png
    1614182097886.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5,286
  • 1614182106020.png
    1614182106020.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5,453
  • 1614182105269.png
    1614182105269.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 5,051
  • 1614182127458.png
    1614182127458.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4,988
  • 1614182359191.png
    1614182359191.png
    3 MB · Views: 5,582
  • Title.png
    Title.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 6,957
Last edited:
Congrats on the release of Pokescape3D!

I had so much fun playtesting it and providing feedback, and I'm honored to have been included in the credits! This is a very fun speedrun game if you choose to enable that option on the main menu btw (28.7s WR?)! Voltseon is always a pleasure to work with! ❤️ I'm excited to see what you work on next!

Last edited:
Small update for those who haven't heard.

I tried to get this game onto speedrun.com because it plays really well as a speedrun game.
Unfortunately my request was denied. Perhaps when I get to updating the game it might have a shot at going on speedrun.com though I really can't say atm.
Current WR is 27.4 minutes by @ENLS I believe, though I might be wrong.

Anyways wish you all good fun with PokéScape 3D and the other jam games asw!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
This was a nice little game! I enjoyed running around, looking for the jams! I also intentionally encountered a bunch of trainers, because I wanted to see some trainer battles, and that was cool! I really enjoyed the game!

This was fun! You adapted the graphics to unity really well! (I especially liked the little touch of the leave items falling from the trees!) And I had a lot of fun running around and dashing, I'd do it all the time, even when I wasn't being chased/on my way to a jam! (And the graphics for the controls were a cute touch!)

A few little points of critique-
  • It's not really clear what the countdown in the trainer battle is counting down to- when I first encountered it, I thought it was a countdown to the battle starting, and got a game over right away lol.
  • I'd suggest switching the blurb to say that you're a Smeargle fleeing the city rather than a Pikachu, since you battle as a Smeargle.
  • I think a map would be really helpful, sometimes it was hard to know where I had and hadn't been before.
  • I didn't really understand why the shoes were what made Snorlax move, or why it kept me out of the park in the first place (isn't it keeping trainers out, not Pokemon?)
Hey there little guy- comma after there
Good luck little guy- comma after luck
Hello there little guy- comma after there
Heck what am I talking about- comma after Heck
They say in a few years I'll be able to understand- comma after years

This was fun! You adapted the graphics to unity really well! (I especially liked the little touch of the leave items falling from the trees!) And I had a lot of fun running around and dashing, I'd do it all the time, even when I wasn't being chased/on my way to a jam! (And the graphics for the controls were a cute touch!)

A few little points of critique-
  • It's not really clear what the countdown in the trainer battle is counting down to- when I first encountered it, I thought it was a countdown to the battle starting, and got a game over right away lol.
  • I'd suggest switching the blurb to say that you're a Smeargle fleeing the city rather than a Pikachu, since you battle as a Smeargle.
  • I think a map would be really helpful, sometimes it was hard to know where I had and hadn't been before.
  • I didn't really understand why the shoes were what made Snorlax move, or why it kept me out of the park in the first place (isn't it keeping trainers out, not Pokemon?)
Hey there little guy- comma after there
Good luck little guy- comma after luck
Hello there little guy- comma after there
Heck what am I talking about- comma after Heck
They say in a few years I'll be able to understand- comma after years
Thanks for the amazing feedback! I defenitely should've spent more time 'tutorializing' the game, I made quite a few assumptions. I really appreciate you taking the time to check out the game and posting some amazing feedback! It's appreciated!

Update Game to 1.1
  • Added new map: Blye Island
  • Removed the speedrun timer from the win and caught screen
  • Win and caught screen bring you to the title screen
  • Title screen now has a button to take you to either Incoga City or Blye Island
Note for those who had downloaded the game prior to this update note;
there has been a small bug fix for rocks having an additional collision box attached to them, making it so you'd bump into nothing sometimes.
Additionally, the player's spawn location has been modified slightly, so good luck with your runs from here on out.
@Dedbed had reported a bug about being able to fall off the map by shmooving too much. This has been fixed now.

In the future I'm looking to add more maps, so stay tuned!

Update Game to 1.2
Sorry not sorry, this version is so soon after 1.1 but I just got really motivated and @Thundaga wanted to help by making his own map, so look out for that! It's very big!

Changelog:
  • Added settings
  • Added pause screen with settings
  • Added level select menu
  • You can now reset the current level by pressing R
  • You can now quit the game at any time by pressing Q
  • Added a star system for levels
  • Your best times are now shown on the level select screen
  • When you get a new PB it will show a 'new highscore' at the win screen
  • You can now retry the current level from the win and caught screen
  • Added new backgrounds for the win and title screen
  • Added a whopping 3 new maps; The Quantum Realm, Beekeeper's Apiary, Moncto town.
  • Incoga city is now at nighttime and has new music.
  • Added a saving system, which automatically saves your best times & settings.
  • Added an unlocking system to unlock new maps Increased the triggerboxes for the collectables
  • Fixed the loading bars not showing a background Improved the trainers' AI
Don't hate me I might have missed some logs as I've just been developing and not keeping track of every single change. But have fun shmooving!

Back