• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Voltseon's Pause Menu

Resource Voltseon's Pause Menu v2.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Takashii

Rookie
Very nice script. beautiful menu.
but sadly i got error messages when i add pokemon to the team.
without pokemon everything works. but when i add some the game crashes.

i use EBDX.

here is the log:
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[EBDX v1.1.6]

Exception: FloatDomainError

Backtrace:
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:126:in `round'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:126:in `block in refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:91:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:91:in `refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:217:in `block in pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:216:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:216:in `pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:106:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:249:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:102:in `call_menu'

GuruGuy96

Rookie
Question, can I swap the town map for another item and can I just copy the layout of the town map in the scripts for other items?

lan vuhoang

Novice
Could you allow the player to change the theme themselves from the in-game Options menu or something?

Oh, this... This is beautiful
Beautiful, indeed.

I actually deleted Modular Pause Menu from my PE 19.1 starter kit in favor of this.

Yeah, MODMN (the name of the download) is also beautiful, but I prefer this now.

Leondrea

Trainer
WOW 😲
I wish this would work with version 18.2
I'm still not confident enough with version 19, so I'm still using v.18.2
But nevertheless it's really awesome, amazing and astounding!
My favourite feature is the themes that can be personalised and that makes the game look more clean, modern and astounding!
You're the best Voltseon! and PS I watch you on youtube and I've subscribed you! ;)

Asubby

Rookie
Hello. I downloaded this and put it into my essentials 19 stuff with EBDX installed and I can't open the pause menu at all it gives me this error

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.0.2]
[EBDX v1.1.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Bitmap's width (32) is not a multiple of frame width (40) [Bitmap=Graphics/Pictures/Voltseon's Pause Menu/Backgrounds/arrow_left_8]

Backtrace:
085:SpriteWrapper:138:in `initializeLong'
085:SpriteWrapper:189:in `initialize'
[Voltseon's Pog Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:68:in `new'
[Voltseon's Pog Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:68:in `initialize'
032:Scene_Map:100:in `new'
032:Scene_Map:100:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:197:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:218:in `block in main'
032:Scene_Map:215:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:215:in `main'

JtheDuelist

Novice
I am getting the same error as Asubby is. I love the concept of this script, but I am going to have to disable it to work on my game until it gets fixed. This occurs the moment the pause menu is opened.

VPM Error.png

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I am getting the same error as Asubby is. I love the concept of this script, but I am going to have to disable it to work on my game until it gets fixed. This occurs the moment the pause menu is opened.
Hello. I downloaded this and put it into my essentials 19 stuff with EBDX installed and I can't open the pause menu at all it gives me this error
Y'all don't seem to have the graphics that came with the project. Please install the plugin completely before reporting errors.

JtheDuelist

Novice
Y'all don't seem to have the graphics that came with the project. Please install the plugin completely before reporting errors.
I do have them though. So this is indeed an issue with the script, Golisopod:
Picture Files.png

Also, I reinstalled the plugin as per instructions a second time and still got the error.

I do have them though. So this is indeed an issue with the script, Golisopod:View attachment 4652

Also, I reinstalled the plugin as per instructions a second time and still got the error.
It seems that your graphics are stored in 'Voltseon's Pog Menu' but its supposed to be 'Voltseon's Pause Menu'.
Change the folder name and it should work just fine, Ill update the download asap!

JtheDuelist

Novice
It seems that your graphics are stored in 'Voltseon's Pog Menu' but its supposed to be 'Voltseon's Pause Menu'.
Change the folder name and it should work just fine, Ill update the download asap!
Yep, that did the trick! Many thanks!

Voltseon updated Voltseon's Pause Menu with a new update entry:

Minor crash fix

For those who had installed v1.1 for the first time without installing v1.0 were encountering crashes because of a folder rename. That has been fixed in the updated download file. You don't have to install v1.0 for v1.1 to work anymore and don't have to rename any folders.
v1.1 now works out of the box without crashing (I hope) :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Voltseon updated Voltseon's Pause Menu with a new update entry:

Voltseon's Pause Menu 1.3

Updates are coming in hot! Thanks for the support on the Pause Menu! If you do find any more bugs, please report them in the discussion or send a dm to me or golisopod user.
Changelog:
  • Fixed bugs having to do with the player only having 1 menu entry
  • Fixed a bug where you wouldn't be able to use key items
  • Added a check for whether you want to allow the player to change the menu theme from the options

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back