• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Voltseon's Pause Menu

Resource Voltseon's Pause Menu v2.1

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Hey @Voltseon I love this plugin!
Unfortunately I've run into a crash when I tried to open the menu in the safari zone!
Please advise me on how I can correct this or what other information you might need.

Game_teLwpjwgg2.png

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Unfortunately I've run into a crash when I tried to open the menu in the safari zone.
It's a minor typo. Look for super(viewport, spritehash) and remove the , spritehash from it. Also it'd be appreciated if you don't directly ping when you discover a bug. We actively check the forums so we'll definitely come to know if an issue has been reported.

Judge Fudge

Rookie
Amazing job, this UI looks modern and I've yet to encounter any game-breaking bugs.

There is a small glitch, however.
When using an item from the bag, such as the Item Finder or any fishing rod, the Pause Menu stays open instead of closing.

Plazma Emerald

Rookie
Hey @Voltseon, really love the plugin.

Just wanted to ask one thing. I wanted the menu option name (like Bag, Pokemon, etc) to appear right above the option icon, and push the party icons up a little bit. How do I do that??

Jos_Louis

Developer of Pokemon Soulstones
Just a quick question on this - the credits don't seem to clearly say, but are users of this script allowed to change the default themes that come with the menu and replace them or are we only allowed to add? I want to have 9 custom made themes and just want to use the existing slots rather than adding more options. Is that allowed or do we need to keep the original themes intact? (E.g. Golisopod doesn't exist in my game because it's a regional variant only dex, and I want to get rid of the canon mon themes).

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Just a quick question on this - the credits don't seem to clearly say, but are users of this script allowed to change the default themes that come with the menu and replace them or are we only allowed to add? I want to have 9 custom made themes and just want to use the existing slots rather than adding more options. Is that allowed or do we need to keep the original themes intact? (E.g. Golisopod doesn't exist in my game because it's a regional variant only dex, and I want to get rid of the canon mon themes).
You can do whatever you want with the graphics, as long as you are crediting the creators of the script.

JtheDuelist

Novice
I was having the same issue as AiurJordan on the Safari Zone, but saw what Golisopod User said to fix it. That works, but I also encountered this error when trying to open the menu when doing the Bug Catching Contest. Was wondering if you or Golisopod User knows how to fix this one:
1630305205028.png

This crash also happens in a completely fresh copy of v19.1 with absolutely no other plugins installed.

TimeWarpHero

Novice
Voltseon submitted a new resource:

Voltseon's Pause Menu - Pause with style 😎

Read more about this resource...

I was having the same issue as AiurJordan on the Safari Zone, but saw what Golisopod User said to fix it. That works, but I also encountered this error when trying to open the menu when doing the Bug Catching Contest. Was wondering if you or Golisopod User knows how to fix this one: View attachment 6613
This crash also happens in a completely fresh copy of v19.1 with absolutely no other plugins installed.
I am having almost the exact problem. I do have Elite Battle DX, ItemFind, and Luka's Scripting Utilities in plugins.

My error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[EBDX v1.2.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
246:Pokemon:211:in `growth_rate'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:121:in `block in refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:86:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:86:in `refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:255:in `block in pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:254:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:254:in `pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:98:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:305:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:297:in `call_menu'

Voltseon updated Voltseon's Pause Menu with a new update entry:

Voltseon's Pause Menu v1.7

Changelog:
  • Fixed menu crash in the Safari Zone
  • Fixed menu crash in Bug Catching Contest
  • Fixed small inconsistency in save screen
  • Fixed some menu options not setting the appropriate Menu flags
  • Fixed being able to Quit Game in the Safari Zone and Bug Catching Contest
  • Fixed small inconsistency in Debug menu theme changer
  • Fixed other add-on options being overwritten by this Plugin

Read the rest of this update entry...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I am having almost the exact problem. I do have Elite Battle DX, ItemFind, and Luka's Scripting Utilities in plugins.
You don't that almost the exact same problem lol. Did you even bother to read your error message?

Try starting a new game. That should fix your issue.

TimeWarpHero

Novice
You don't that almost the exact same problem lol. Did you even bother to read your error message?

Try starting a new game. That should fix your issue.
I am brand new at scripting and Pokemon Essentials so error messages are hard for me to decipher at the moment. Thanks for the advise, it solved my issue!

SilverioRB

Novice
Man, I'm having a problem when playing my game when creating an encrypted game disc.

When I try to open the pause menu, this message is shown:

"Current MENU_FILE_PATH defined in Voltseon's Pause Menu is Graphics/Pictures/Voltseon's Pause Menu/
This directory does not exist in your game folder.
To rectify this, open the 001_VoltseonMenu_Config.rb using the text editor of your choice, and edit the MENU_FILE_PATH you see there.
Opening default pause menu as a failsafe..."

Although, in the debug and the non encrypyted game, it works perfectly.

DinoWrecks

Rookie
Hey, I'm kinda noob at understanding scripts themselves, but your Pause Menu is really important for me as it allows me to showcase improvement in player rank other than Badges themselves, by using the event script that swaps your theme at key moments in the story. Wanted to say thank you.

I have a question, though. I managed to change the Date & Time in a very brutish way (just changed Text 1 to player money and left Text 2 blank). But I have no idea how to change its position, could you just advise me where to look?

Pic related: I want the 3,000 (Player Money) where the Blue Essence symbol is.
1637916049905.png

EDIT: Nvm. I found on my own how to move the money number. But for some reason, if moved after a certain point in the right direction, it starts to disappear as if there's sometihng above it which shouldn't be the case. Any ideas?
1637920521106.png

EDIT2: Ok no answer is needed I guess since I just changed the layout and moved it a bit to the right.
1637925816407.png

Last edited:

VoxITH

Trainer
I really love this resource but i'm having some issues. I see this error everytime i open the menu:

[EBDX v1.2.6]

Message: undefined method `close' for #<VoltseonsPauseMenu_Scene>

Backtrace:
[Modular Menu] Script.rb:362:in `block in pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Modular Menu] Script.rb:343:in `loop'
[Modular Menu] Script.rb:343:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
030:Scene_Map:197:in `update'
030:Scene_Map:218:in `block in main'
030:Scene_Map:215:in `loop'
030:Scene_Map:215:in `main'
369:Main:34:in `mainFunctionDebug'
369:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'

Can you help me?

super saiyan eevee

Rookie
I tried installing this and I can't seem to get it to work. I have the DeepBlue PacificWaves genV summary menu pack dx installed as well. But I would assume that should only run when I go into the pokemon menu but that seems to be the variable that is different. I can get it to work on a fresh download but not when i have this plugin.
I looked through this forum and made sure everything was named correctly and tried deleting and repasting the plugin but still no luck =/
The game comes up, no runtime error or anything. It just seems like the plugin is not loading for some reason.
This is definitely user error I'm sure lol. Any help would be great!

I tried installing this and I can't seem to get it to work. I have the DeepBlue PacificWaves genV summary menu pack dx installed as well. But I would assume that should only run when I go into the pokemon menu but that seems to be the variable that is different. I can get it to work on a fresh download but not when i have this plugin.
I looked through this forum and made sure everything was named correctly and tried deleting and repasting the plugin but still no luck =/
The game comes up, no runtime error or anything. It just seems like the plugin is not loading for some reason.
This is definitely user error I'm sure lol. Any help would be great!
Did you make sure to recompile your game? (Hold Ctrl as it starts in debug mode)

super saiyan eevee

Rookie
Did you make sure to recompile your game? (Hold Ctrl as it starts in debug mode)
yea I did. I just removed the DeepBlue PacificWaves genV summary menu pack dx plugin. It had two parts for those that dont know. The party summary and the pokemon summary. Removing the party summary plugin works allows this pause menu plugin to work. And I'd much rather have this pause menu then the gen V party summary style menu. Im just assuming there's something that clashes between the two of these scripts. I can still have the gen V pokemon summary with this pause menu though so I'm not too concerned at this point.

If you'd like to do more research on why these might clash then that's great but otherwise, I consider this solved. thanks for the fast response!

Last edited:

tyssonpark

Novice
Hi Friend, when i close the menu, i have this bug
1645320468814.png

[2022-02-19 17:20:09 -0300]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.5]

Message: undefined method `close' for #<VoltseonsPauseMenu_Scene>