• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Voltseon's Pause Menu

Resource Voltseon's Pause Menu v2.1

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
HI, Voltseon. I want to add custom things in the menu like map, pokegear ( which is in the game). any help i try adding but its a graphical error
Those things are already in the menu script, and we can't help you with your error if you don't describe it.

GalarianZapdos

Novice
Those things are already in the menu script, and we can't help you with your error if you don't describe it.
Ok , Hi Golisopod User, I'm not talking about map, Pokegear I'm telling adding custom one . and the error it's not a kinda any error, but a graphical issue i have unlocked all things in the menu pokedex, gear , map then I have added an egg Hatcher . So what happening, is all menus are overwriting each other. Now like it's a graphic of Pokegear but in name it says Save . And we selected the option it's saying save menu. So it's no problem in text , it's graphical problem. Graphics are overwriting

JtheDuelist

Novice
Are the HP and EXP bars on the pause menu supposed to be no longer there in 1.3 or is that an unintentional bug in the code? They do not show up for me in 1.3, and that is part of what drew me to this pause menu.

Kinetic1000

Rookie
Are the HP and EXP bars on the pause menu supposed to be no longer there in 1.3 or is that an unintentional bug in the code? They do not show up for me in 1.3, and that is part of what drew me to this pause menu.
same, they were there when i was using 1.2, and the graphic for them is there

Prosciutto

Working on a pokemon game again.
Hey im having a problem where whenever i open the menu it instantly keeps going to what the menu is currently on (Bag, Pokemon etc) when exiting out of this it immediately goes back in, long story short im basically stuck in the menu with no way of going out of it.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

boris_morris

Novice
Hey im having a problem where whenever i open the menu it instantly keeps going to what the menu is currently on (Bag, Pokemon etc) when exiting out of this it immediately goes back in, long story short im basically stuck in the menu with no way of going out of it.
I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you ever find a fix? I'm wondering if it has to do with another plug-in. I've got Encounter List UI (ThatWelshOne_), EVs and IVs in Summary (deoxysprime), Item Crafting UI (ThatWelshOne_), v19.1 Hotfixes (Maruno, Following Pokemon EX (Golisopod User), and Voltseon's Pause Menu. Other than that, I'm working with a brand new v19.1. Any insight?

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you ever find a fix? I'm wondering if it has to do with another plug-in. I've got Encounter List UI (ThatWelshOne_), EVs and IVs in Summary (deoxysprime), Item Crafting UI (ThatWelshOne_), v19.1 Hotfixes (Maruno, Following Pokemon EX (Golisopod User), and Voltseon's Pause Menu. Other than that, I'm working with a brand new v19.1. Any insight?
After talking to someone else who also had this issue, it's because I put an edited version of the default pause menu script in with the Encounter List UI resource, mainly to make it easy for people to set up the resource if they were using the default pause menu. In hindsight, I hadn't foreseen that this would cause issues with other pause menu scripts.

Anyway, to fix your issue, go into Plugins/Encounter List UI and delete the 001_UI_PauseMenu.rb file. After you recompile your plugins (you might need to delete PluginScripts.rxdata from your Data folder), it should work. I'll remove that file from the Encounter List UI resource to avoid this from happening to other people in the future.

boris_morris

Novice
After talking to someone else who also had this issue, it's because I put an edited version of the default pause menu script in with the Encounter List UI resource, mainly to make it easy for people to set up the resource if they were using the default pause menu. In hindsight, I hadn't foreseen that this would cause issues with other pause menu scripts.

Anyway, to fix your issue, go into Plugins/Encounter List UI and delete the 001_UI_PauseMenu.rb file. After you recompile your plugins (you might need to delete PluginScripts.rxdata from your Data folder), it should work. I'll remove that file from the Encounter List UI resource to avoid this from happening to other people in the future.
You’re a legend. Thank you so much! Love your resources too!

blacccringemaster

Rookie
I'm experiencing the same problem GalarianZapdos is having. I only installed the EncounterUI plugin from ThatWelshOne_ and experienced graphical errors in the pause menu. For example, when I select "Pokemon", it shows the graphic icon for "Quit." It seems like the graphics are shifted. But in the Volteon Pause Menu plugin scripts, the entries are aligned with their correct icons. Also, the names of the icons in Graphics/Pictures/Volteon's Pause Menu are correct as well.

I tried deleting PluginScripts.rxdata multiple times but it is not working. Is there something I have to change in the script?

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
As a few others have mentioned, there is an issue with the icons being incorrect for the array position once you've added a certain number of entries. In this example with only the encounters UI loaded it works as expected, but as soon as I add a quest (and subsequently the quest icon will now display) and reopen the menu, the icons are not aligned properly.

After a little bit of experimentation I believe the issue has something to do with the icons not finding the appropriate 0 index once a new option has been added.
Also seems to occur when the number of entries goes past ten.

Last edited:

blacccringemaster

Rookie
As a few others have mentioned, there is an issue with the icons being incorrect for the array position once you've added a certain number of entries. In this example with only the encounters UI loaded it works as expected, but as soon as I add a quest (and subsequently the quest icon will now display) and reopen the menu, the icons are not aligned properly.

View attachment 5250

After a little bit of experimentation I believe the issue has something to do with the icons not finding the appropriate 0 index once a new option has been added.
Also seems to occur when the number of entries goes past ten.
Thanks for the insight, AiurJordan. It makes sense that the number of entries is messing with the icons not finding the appropriate index number like you said.

For my issue, how did you solve the issue with JUST the EncounterUI? You said that it works properly with just the EncounterUI loaded into the menu right?
Well, I only have the EncounterUI installed and ONLY the EncounterUI. How did you make the script realize the one UI and still keep the icons aligned?

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Thanks for the insight, AiurJordan. It makes sense that the number of entries is messing with the icons not finding the appropriate index number like you said.

For my issue, how did you solve the issue with JUST the EncounterUI? You said that it works properly with just the EncounterUI loaded into the menu right?
Well, I only have the EncounterUI installed and ONLY the EncounterUI. How did you make the script realize the one UI and still keep the icons aligned?
Voltseon's menu has built-in support for Encounter UI.
I've determined the issue only happens when the entries are 11 or higher, so as long as you only have 10 things loaded you're gonna be okay. Keep in mind players wont see "DEBUG" so thats 1 less automatically for your end-users. This should still be fixed though because sometimes it will populate things like "ExitSafariEvent" etc.. which could bring it over 10 entries.

Mine works correctly as long as it's below 11 entries to answer your question. You could potentially remove the Quit button, or disable debug to preview what it'll look like for a player.

blacccringemaster

Rookie
Voltseon's menu has built-in support for Encounter UI.
I've determined the issue only happens when the entries are 11 or higher, so as long as you only have 10 things loaded you're gonna be okay. Keep in mind players wont see "DEBUG" so thats 1 less automatically for your end-users. This should still be fixed though because sometimes it will populate things like "ExitSafariEvent" etc.. which could bring it over 10 entries.

Mine works correctly as long as it's below 11 entries to answer your question. You could potentially remove the Quit button, or disable debug to preview what it'll look like for a player.
I forgot to mention that the menu was working before I installed the EncounterUI plugin. But, I'll try and delete the Safari and BugContest Entries (since either won't be needed in my game anyway because there's no Safaris or BugContests).

Thanks again for the insight.

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
I should clarify, you can have more than 10 entries defined, but it's only when displaying more than 10.
If you've installed the plugin and it's no longer working make sure you're using the latest version of this menu and the EncounterUI, because mine worked out of the box.
@blaccringemaster

Voltseon updated Voltseon's Pause Menu with a new update entry:

Voltseon's Pause Menu v1.5

v1.5 is here with some amazing fixes!

Changelog:
  • Icon size now doesn't require a fixed constant to be set in the config. The menu dynamically changes based on the image file (preferable to keep the icon sprite sizes consistent thoug
  • The Menu and the default HUD elements now scale based on screen size, to fill a larger/smaller area as neede
  • Fixed bug where the icons would be shifted if there were more than 10 options in the men
  • Fixed rounding error which caused janky...

Read the rest of this update entry...

LaprasSurfer

Rookie
I love this Plugin! I do have a suggestion that could make it better.

I noticed that the Bag icon is constant no matter what gender the trainer is. What if there is a block of code in the script that can allow the Bag icon to change based on the trainer's gender?

I have an example block of code written out for the Menu_Entries script: Place this above "def selected(menu)"
Ruby:
class MenuEntryBag < MenuEntry
    def initialize
      if $Trainer.female? && $Trainer.gender==1
        @icon = "menuBagF"
        @name = "Bag"
      else
        @icon = "menuBag"
        @name = "Bag"
      end
    end

def selected(menu)

For "menuBagF" it is a graphic I inserted in the Volteon's Pause Menu graphic folder in Pictures. It should be different than the standard Bag icon that came with the .RAR file. Make sure the graphic is the same name as the @icon in Entries.

"menuBagF" can be a different name. Just make sure the graphic you want for the different gender is the same name under the name you chose in Entries.

Back