• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
I guess. The only thing that would be causing issues is if something else is overwriting def seen_form?

plungin.PNG

This is my list of plugins

Lucidious89

Champion
This is my list of plugins
None of those have any reason to be conflicting. And I know for sure the following cant be the cause, because I also had them installed when I tested:

Hotfixes
Gen 8 Pack
Gen 9 Pack
Following Pokemon
BW Party
BW Summary
Encounter List

So, best I can suggest now is just downloading a fresh copy of Essentials, confirm that the Encounter list works when just Deluxe is installed, and then add each plugin one by one until you encounter the error again. Then youll know what caused it.

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
None of those have any reason to be conflicting. And I know for sure the following cant be the cause, because I also had them installed when I tested:

Hotfixes
Gen 8 Pack
Gen 9 Pack
Following Pokemon
BW Party
BW Summary
Encounter List

So, best I can suggest now is just downloading a fresh copy of Essentials, confirm that the Encounter list works when just Deluxe is installed, and then add each plugin one by one until you encounter the error again. Then youll know what caused it.
plungin2.PNG

I don't know how to tell you but I only installed this on a fresh new version and I still get the error...

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 17987
I don't know how to tell you but I only installed this on a fresh new version and I still get the error...
Ok, I'm home now and spent some time with it, and I was finally able to replicate the error. I think the cause was in displaying the question mark icon if the species that its trying to display was neither seen or caught yet. In my testing earlier, the maps I tried this on just happened to be maps where I've already at least SEEN the species that would spawn there. If I try on a map where there's something that I've yet to record in the dex, then the error occurs.

The fix for this is really simple, its just setting one line equal to nil if this occurs. I've released a stealth update with this fix in place.

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
Ok, I'm home now and spent some time with it, and I was finally able to replicate the error. I think the cause was in displaying the question mark icon if the species that its trying to display was neither seen or caught yet. In my testing earlier, the maps I tried this on just happened to be maps where I've already at least SEEN the species that would spawn there. If I try on a map where there's something that I've yet to record in the dex, then the error occurs.

The fix for this is really simple, its just setting one line equal to nil if this occurs. I've released a stealth update with this fix in place.
Thank you!

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I can't replicate this, and tbh I'm not really sure how that would even happen unless you have missing sprites, or you didn't properly start a new game after installing the update like you were instructed to. You'd have to provide more specific examples otherwise.

Also, the error you posted isn't related to this plugin.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about the Gen 8 Pack feature that replaces the footprint sprite with the species icon, aren't you? I do all my testing on vanilla Essentials, so I didn't notice that earlier. Yeah, that's actually caused by a weird interaction with ZUD and the Gen 8 Pack. I just stealth updated ZUD to fix this.
Haha, no problem, Thanks a lot! Yeah, it doesn't make an error, as it was visual so had to give as much as details. Forgot to mention Gen 8, sorry about that! I think I know what plugin might be causing this if it wasn't connected to this problem. Appreciate you! Hope you have a great day! 😁

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
heya Lucidious, my game has the version 1.2.1 installed and it was working fine, no errors, but now it crashes in the safari zone and the has.tera.shard? thing
but when I try to update to the newest version my game just crashes without giving any error
I already tried to overwrite like normally, but it crashes without any error, tried delete the plugin and it's files and recompile, same crash, delete and reinstall, same crash

Lucidious89

Champion
heya Lucidious, my game has the version 1.2.1 installed and it was working fine, no errors, but now it crashes in the safari zone and the has.tera.shard? thing
but when I try to update to the newest version my game just crashes without giving any error
I already tried to overwrite like normally, but it crashes without any error, tried delete the plugin and it's files and recompile, same crash, delete and reinstall, same crash
Safari zone is probably a new bug that requires fixing, because of course it does, there's hardly ever any time i update anything where the Safari Zone doesnt crash. Its ridiculous how much of a pain in the ass the Safari Zone always is.

Are you sure there's NO error with your crash, or are you just pressing a button which immediately closes the window? Because the only thing I can think of is that you have another plugin that Essentials Deluxe depends on that is also out of date, and its throwing you a message telling you so. I would make sure everything you have installed is up to date, then update Deluxe and force compile.

pkmnacademia

Trainer
I've tried installing Essentials Deluxe 1.2.7, but it's crashing the game before it even loads up. It happens so fast that I can't even see the error.

Essentials Deluxe 1.2.5 works perfectly, but updating it doesn't work.

I did make a couple alterations to the 1.2.5 version to make it compatible with the Encounter List UI script, which was causing errors until I removed everything from the Essentials Patches > Pokedex file, except for the Pokedex sprites section. Then, I removed the Correctly records seen shadow Pokemon and Correctly records captured shadow Pokemon from the Essentials Patches > Battle_Misc file. That made everything work perfectly fine.

And since those were changes I made, I figure it must have something to do with why it's all crashing. But really, I'm not sure why that would have any effect on not being able to load the 1.2.7 version, because I allowed 1.2.7 to replace all of the scripts, including the Pokedex and Battle_Misc files, and I was going to test to see if the Encounter List app was running into issues with the new update, but the whole thing crashes before I can even get to the Load screen.

I've also tried installing the Focus Meter System, PLA Battle Styles, ZUD Plugin, and Terastal Phenomenon scripts, and each of those installed individually also causes a crash before reaching the Load screen, whether I'm using my existing 1.2.5 version or the updated 1.2.7 version.

Any idea what could be causing this?

These are my plugins:
1684608604309.png

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I've tried installing Essentials Deluxe 1.2.7, but it's crashing the game before it even loads up. It happens so fast that I can't even see the error.

Essentials Deluxe 1.2.5 works perfectly, but updating it doesn't work.

I did make a couple alterations to the 1.2.5 version to make it compatible with the Encounter List UI script, which was causing errors until I removed everything from the Essentials Patches > Pokedex file, except for the Pokedex sprites section. Then, I removed the Correctly records seen shadow Pokemon and Correctly records captured shadow Pokemon from the Essentials Patches > Battle_Misc file. That made everything work perfectly fine.

And since those were changes I made, I figure it must have something to do with why it's all crashing. But really, I'm not sure why that would have any effect on not being able to load the 1.2.7 version, because I allowed 1.2.7 to replace all of the scripts, including the Pokedex and Battle_Misc files, and I was going to test to see if the Encounter List app was running into issues with the new update, but the whole thing crashes before I can even get to the Load screen.

I've also tried installing the Focus Meter System, PLA Battle Styles, ZUD Plugin, and Terastal Phenomenon scripts, and each of those installed individually also causes a crash before reaching the Load screen, whether I'm using my existing 1.2.5 version or the updated 1.2.7 version.

Any idea what could be causing this?

These are my plugins:
View attachment 18054
Have you tried force compiling upon startup after updating all relevant plugins?

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I might
Safari zone is probably a new bug that requires fixing, because of course it does, there's hardly ever any time i update anything where the Safari Zone doesnt crash. Its ridiculous how much of a pain in the ass the Safari Zone always is.

Are you sure there's NO error with your crash, or are you just pressing a button which immediately closes the window? Because the only thing I can think of is that you have another plugin that Essentials Deluxe depends on that is also out of date, and its throwing you a message telling you so. I would make sure everything you have installed is up to date, then update Deluxe and force compile.
I might be able to help with a potential safari bugfix form this problem. It seems by replacing the code under # Upon capturing a Dynamaxed Pokemon in Raid Battle.rb with the following.

module Battle::CatchAndStoreMixin
alias zud_pbStorePokemon pbStorePokemon
def pbStorePokemon(pkmn)
if pkmn.isSpecies?(:ETERNATUS) || !pkmn.dynamax_able?
pkmn.gmax_factor = false
pkmn.dynamax_lvl = 0
end
raid_ResetPokemon(pkmn) if pkmn.dynamax?
zud_pbStorePokemon(pkmn)
end
end

Not sure what exactly is causing this error, but this seems to fix it for me. Hopefully this can help pinpoint any issues for other error reports. I am currently on the latest version of all your plugins. Much love!

Lucidious89

Champion
I might

I might be able to help with a potential safari bugfix form this problem. It seems by replacing the code under # Upon capturing a Dynamaxed Pokemon in Raid Battle.rb with the following.

Not sure what exactly is causing this error, but this seems to fix it for me. Hopefully this can help pinpoint any issues for other error reports. I am currently on the latest version of all your plugins. Much love!
Yeah, I figured that method is what contained the issue. Im just too busy atm to do anything about it. Maybe next week.

pkmnacademia

Trainer
Have you tried force compiling upon startup after updating all relevant plugins?
Yeah, holding Control gets me just a little bit farther before the crash, where I get a millisecond of a glimpse of the red error but still not long enough to even catch it with Print Screen. I tried closing RMXP and reopening after forcing the compile, but I still encountered the same problems, whether I was forcing the compile or not.

As soon as I forced a compile to revert back to my original copy of the Essentials 1.2.5, everything was working again.

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah, holding Control gets me just a little bit farther before the crash, where I get a millisecond of a glimpse of the red error but still not long enough to even catch it with Print Screen. I tried closing RMXP and reopening after forcing the compile, but I still encountered the same problems, whether I was forcing the compile or not.

As soon as I forced a compile to revert back to my original copy of the Essentials 1.2.5, everything was working again.
The red text is telling you that one of your plugins is out of date. Its probably immediately closing due to you holding a button down. If youre confident that your plugins are all properly updated and compiling doesnt work, then just delete your PluginScripts data file to force your game to refresh all your plugins.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer

yeah same with me, the red line appears by a milisecond, it's too fast to screenshot (without pressing any buttons)
I did updated all my plugins and deleted the Pluginscripts, but no luck either...

Lucidious89

Champion
yeah same with me, the red line appears by a milisecond, it's too fast to screenshot (without pressing any buttons)
I did updated all my plugins and deleted the Pluginscripts, but no luck either...
Well, like I said, red text indicates that something is out of date. Even if you may have the up to date versions installed, internally your plugins may not have refreshed to recognize the new versions. However, I dont really get why it closes immediately. Several people have reported that happening even before this update, but idk what that's about, honestly. I have to assume that is something happening on the user end of things, because ive never even seen that happen unless im literally mashing a button or something that would close the window.

If forcing your plugins to refresh still doesnt resolve it (which is what deleting PluginScripts would do), then the only explanation is that one of your plugins is actually out of date, or one of the plugins has an incorrect version number listed in its meta file. Idk what to tell you beyond that. I would just open the Deluxe meta file and literally compare the required versions of each plugin it you have installed that it depends on. Though the only ones that have changed from v1.2.5 to v1.2.7 is the optional dependencies of the Gen 8 and Gen 9 Packs.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Alright, my game is old so some plugins may not be compatible, thanks for responding anyway
can I just know hot to solve this issue? (without updating)
My game has the Bag Screen with Interactable Party plugin but not the Terastal Phenomenon plugin, and I'm getting a bug that's crashing the game. Occurs when the player uses the last of an item from their bag.

Error Message:
Expand Collapse Copy
[2023-02-12 18:37:44 -0600]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `is_tera_shard?' for #<GameData::Item>

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:573:in `pbBagUseItem'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:179:in `block in pbChoosePoke'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:147:in `loop'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:147:in `pbChoosePoke'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:324:in `block in pbStartScreen'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:287:in `loop'
[Essentials Deluxe] Interactable Bag Screen.rb:287:in `pbStartScreen'
289:UI_PauseMenu:199:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
090:MessageConfig:576:in `pbFadeOutIn'
289:UI_PauseMenu:196:in `block in <main>'

The plugins I'm using that are worth mentioning are Deluxe, Interactable Bag Screen, Enhanced UI, and the Gen 9 Pack. Let me know if you want a full list of plugins.

Lucidious89

Champion
Alright, my game is old so some plugins may not be compatible, thanks for responding anyway
can I just know hot to solve this issue? (without updating)
Updating the plugins is the solution. Im not really sure why you wouldnt want to update them. Deluxe and all dependent plugins should be using the latest versions. Plugins for other third party plugins should be using the versions listed in the Deluxe meta file or higher. You can try rolling these versions back in the meta file if you want, but I cant guarantee that this wont cause additional unforeseen errors down the line.

pkmnacademia

Trainer
Updating the plugins is the solution. Im not really sure why you wouldnt want to update them. Deluxe and all dependent plugins should be using the latest versions. Plugins for other third party plugins should be using the versions listed in the Deluxe meta file or higher. You can try rolling these versions back in the meta file if you want, but I cant guarantee that this wont cause additional unforeseen errors down the line.
Hm, I updated all my plugins (just Gen 8 was one update out of date), and it's still doing the same thing.

I installed all of the same plugins in my project to a separate Pokemon Essentials folder, and it works, so I don't think it's related to my other plugins, but I'm not sure what would be causing it then.

Back