• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
I will do some testing in the evening when I am back home - I think I only tried the following combination with and without ":setcapture", but not the one you mentioned, and I have not tried the Master Ball:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
:setcapture => true,
:raidcapture => [nil, nil, 100]

Basically, everything works fine, I get the prompt to choose to capture the encounter after I beat it, but the guaranteed capture is not working, resulting in me throwing a ball with presumably normal capture odds and (since its a legendary encounter) failing the capture attempt.

Thanks as always for your quick reply and I will get back to you when I tested those things :) at the end, it's not too bad if it doesn't work, because I only use the :raidcapture rule for legendary encounters that only appear once, so what I did as a workaround is simply set the capture rate in the pokemon.txt to 255 :)

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
So, I tested again with:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
:raidcapture => [nil]

result: no guaranteed capture. Tested Master Ball with this setting as well: did catch the Pokémon.

Lucidious89

Champion
So, I tested again with:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
:raidcapture => [nil]

result: no guaranteed capture. Tested Master Ball with this setting as well: did catch the Pokémon.
Yeah, then idk. I guess its just somehow been a fluke that I've captured every Pokemon in a single ball in all of my testing over the course of this plugin's lifespan lol.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I don't know if i should mention it or not, but your "thread tittle" says v20.1 when we are searching for the resources list in your updated plugins, like this one. I'm working with PEv20.1 since that i'm not planing to update the PE engine anymore, cus i'm only one guy in an huge project in which it already contains around 118 plugins. But, this plugin should work on PEv20.1 normally or it needs to be, should i say, adapted? By the way, thx for sharing this resorce. I'll give credits in my fan game ending credits, which its a bit long now. XD Best of luck for you and have an happy halloween.^^

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't know if i should mention it or not, but your "thread tittle" says v20.1 when we are searching for the resources list in your updated plugins, like this one. I'm working with PEv20.1 since that i'm not planing to update the PE engine anymore, cus i'm only one guy in an huge project in which it already contains around 118 plugins. But, this plugin should work on PEv20.1 normally or it needs to be, should i say, adapted? By the way, thx for sharing this resorce. I'll give credits in my fan game ending credits, which its a bit long now. XD Best of luck for you and have an happy halloween.^^
The thread title says v20.1 because this plugin is for v20.1. There is no Essentials Deluxe plugin for any other version of Essentials. Nothing needs to be adapted. Maybe im not understanding you.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
The thread title says v20.1 because this plugin is for v20.1. There is no Essentials Deluxe plugin for any other version of Essentials. Nothing needs to be adapted. Maybe im not understanding you.
You understand my point completely. I thought that since PEv21 was released, this version of this plugin was updated to work with PEv21 and not PEv20.1 anymore. If i understand right, this still works with PEv20.1?

Lucidious89

Champion
You understand my point completely. I thought that since PEv21 was released, this version of this plugin was updated to work with PEv21 and not PEv20.1 anymore. If i understand right, this still works with PEv20.1?
Yeah? If it worked for v21.1 it would say so in the title. Itll be a looooong time before a v21.1 equivalent is ready. You flatter me by thinking that my plugins would all be updated already. It's gonna take a ton of work.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Yeah? If it worked for v21.1 it would say so in the title. Itll be a looooong time before a v21.1 equivalent is ready. You flatter me by thinking that my plugins would all be updated already. It's gonna take a ton of work.
Oh, i misunderstood then, my fault there. XD

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
So, I know you are not updating this plugin version anymore, however a player of my game discovered a glitch with dynamaxing in non-1v1 battles (double battle, Max Raid): you can press "Action" to dynamax and select a move, then back out of the target selection, and it will still show the max moves, even though dynamaxing is not activated anymore. This way, you can use max moves on all 3 pokemon in a Max Raid. He also sent me this video, if you would like to take a look:
Do you have an idea where this error could be located? Maybe I can try to fix it for my game if I know where to look for it 🤔

hostman

Trainer
1703163453846.png

I try to start a battle but I get this error.
Does anyone know the problem?

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 23474
I try to start a battle but I get this error.
Does anyone know the problem?
You don't literally write "foes =". That's just there to represent what data is supposed to go there.

Also, make sure you start a new game, as stated in the instructions.

Lucidious89

Champion
So, I know you are not updating this plugin version anymore, however a player of my game discovered a glitch with dynamaxing in non-1v1 battles (double battle, Max Raid): you can press "Action" to dynamax and select a move, then back out of the target selection, and it will still show the max moves, even though dynamaxing is not activated anymore. This way, you can use max moves on all 3 pokemon in a Max Raid. He also sent me this video, if you would like to take a look:
Do you have an idea where this error could be located? Maybe I can try to fix it for my game if I know where to look for it 🤔

View attachment 23108
I thought I fixed this at some point a long time ago. Or maybe I did and it got reverted back at some point when I changed things, idk. I'll double check this for the next version of the plugin.

Lucidious89

Champion

hostman

Trainer
essentials deluxe has a way to do 2vs1 combat? (2 on your side and 1 on the rival)

Lucidious89

Champion
essentials deluxe has a way to do 2vs1 combat? (2 on your side and 1 on the rival)
That's a feature that base Essentials offers, you don't need a plugin for that.

fncjinta

Novice
Hello, I don't know if it happened to anyone else or not but I can't use this plugin because it closes automatically, I was testing and it happens because of the gen 9 plugin.
If I remove it from the game folder it works normally.

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Hello, I don't know if it happened to anyone else or not but I can't use this plugin because it closes automatically, I was testing and it happens because of the gen 9 plugin.
If I remove it from the game folder it works normally.
I have said to u early, you are using outdated plugins with updated plugins, they will conflit with each other. You can't use updated plugins with outdated plugins and expect to everything works

Back