• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Lucidious89

Champion
Hm, I updated all my plugins (just Gen 8 was one update out of date), and it's still doing the same thing.

I installed all of the same plugins in my project to a separate Pokemon Essentials folder, and it works, so I don't think it's related to my other plugins, but I'm not sure what would be causing it then.
Are you sure your plugins are actually up to date (as in, the versions displayed in the console display correctly). You may have them installed, but they havent been refreshed internally.

pkmnacademia

Trainer
Are you sure your plugins are actually up to date (as in, the versions displayed in the console display correctly). You may have them installed, but they havent been refreshed internally.
Found the culprit. It turned out I had the 1.0.2 version of Legendary Breeding instead of 1.0.3. I don't think that's listed in the meta.txt, but it appears to be an additional requirement. But you're right, I should have looked around more at the available updates.

Sorry for the runaround! Thanks for the help.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
What that's mean?
this happen when I migrated my battlescripts from 1.2.5 version to latest version..
error.PNG

Lucidious89

Champion

ClessioTV

Cooltrainer
=================

[2023-06-08 03:10:20 +0200]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:268:in `seen_form?'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:73:in `block (4 levels) in pbGetAvailableForms'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:72:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:72:in `block (3 levels) in pbGetAvailableForms'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:70:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:70:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetAvailableForms'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:68:in `times'
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:68:in `block in pbGetAvailableForms'
103:GameData:117:in `block in each'
103:GameData:117:in `each_value'
Hello, my problem is related to inspecting a Pokémon in the Pokédex. Do you have a solution?

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
In Deluxe Battle Rules, I can call weather :Rain successfully but weather :StrongWinds doesn't load. Do you know why? Oh, I also noticed that :HeavyRain is automatically changed to :Rain in-battle.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
In Deluxe Battle Rules, I can call weather :Rain successfully but weather :StrongWinds doesn't load. Do you know why? Oh, I also noticed that :HeavyRain is automatically changed to :Rain in-battle.
Because primordial weather is hard-coded to require its respective Primal/Mega to be on the field, and automatically ends if they arent. Thats why I didnt even bother to add Strong Winds as an option.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, my problem is related to inspecting a Pokémon in the Pokédex. Do you have a solution?
The solution is following the installation instructions.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.8 Update

ATTENTION! Final Update!
With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for Essentials Deluxe for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
Thank you for your awesome work maintaining all of your plugins 🙏 Enjoy your well-deserved break!

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I must have forgotten how to format a deluxe battle because I can't seem to get it working. What am I missing?
=================

[2023-06-29 20:30:29 -0700]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 10 (coords 36,10), map 61 (S.S. Variance)
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant TrainerBattle::EssentialsDeluxe

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL1, "Barley"], {}, :BARLEY)
Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Deluxe.rb:81:in `dx_start'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:426:in `command_111'
Interpreter_Commands:29:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
Interpreter:90:in `loop'
Interpreter:90:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:268:in `update'

Lucidious89

Champion
I must have forgotten how to format a deluxe battle because I can't seem to get it working. What am I missing?
=================

[2023-06-29 20:30:29 -0700]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 10 (coords 36,10), map 61 (S.S. Variance)
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant TrainerBattle::EssentialsDeluxe

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL1, "Barley"], {}, :BARLEY)
Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Deluxe.rb:81:in `dx_start'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:426:in `command_111'
Interpreter_Commands:29:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
Interpreter:90:in `loop'
Interpreter:90:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:268:in `update'
You're somehow either missing the Midbattle_Config file, or removed the class that was added in that file.

blooeysnake

Novice
18AF36FB-9B61-4E6E-9CB0-AD71374B37B6.png
This error appeared when a friend was playtesting and tried using the lure ball, after closing the error the game continued as normal but acted as if the ball failed. Due to it mentioning essentials deluxe in the error I’m posting it here.

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 18909This error appeared when a friend was playtesting and tried using the lure ball, after closing the error the game continued as normal but acted as if the ball failed. Due to it mentioning essentials deluxe in the error I’m posting it here.
Nothing to do with Deluxe, Lure Balls are just bugged in v20.1. I thought the Hotfixes addressed this though, but maybe not.

pokepoke1

Novice
Hello, in my project i had modified
Battle_Scene_Objects::
Expand Collapse Copy
def draw_name
    nameWidth = self.bitmap.text_size(@battler.name).width
    nameOffset = 0
    nameOffset = nameWidth - 130 if nameWidth > 130
    pbDrawTextPositions(self.bitmap,
      [[@battler.name, @spriteBaseX + 8 - nameOffset, 12, false, NAME_BASE_COLOR, NAME_SHADOW_COLOR]]
    )
  end

With that, it show my "pokemon" name even if it's long :

Screenshot_18.png

But after the update it changed and i can't find the code what changed in the Essentials Deluxe folder, this is how it see now :

Screenshot_19.png

Anyone can help me, please? Thanks.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, in my project i had modified
Battle_Scene_Objects::
Expand Collapse Copy
def draw_name
    nameWidth = self.bitmap.text_size(@battler.name).width
    nameOffset = 0
    nameOffset = nameWidth - 130 if nameWidth > 130
    pbDrawTextPositions(self.bitmap,
      [[@battler.name, @spriteBaseX + 8 - nameOffset, 12, false, NAME_BASE_COLOR, NAME_SHADOW_COLOR]]
    )
  end

With that, it show my "pokemon" name even if it's long :

View attachment 18952

But after the update it changed and i can't find the code what changed in the Essentials Deluxe folder, this is how it see now :

View attachment 18953

Anyone can help me, please? Thanks.
I dont remember, but I think this method is now aliased instead of being overwritten, so you can probably just edit this in the base scripts instead of in the plugin.

pokepoke1

Novice
I dont remember, but I think this method is now aliased instead of being overwritten, so you can probably just edit this in the base scripts instead of in the plugin.

Sorry if i misunderstood, my english it's not so good, that code what i edited was already in the base scripts, at Battle_Scene_Objects, line 212.

Some file from Essentials Deluxe is overwritting it, i tried to open every file and search "draw_name, nameWidth and @battler.name" But i cant find what is overwritting it :(

Lucidious89

Champion
Sorry if i misunderstood, my english it's not so good, that code what i edited was already in the base scripts, at Battle_Scene_Objects, line 212.

Some file from Essentials Deluxe is overwritting it, i tried to open every file and search "draw_name, nameWidth and @battler.name" But i cant find what is overwritting it :(
Maybe its in ZUD, if you have that installed. I dont think Deluxe edits this method.

pokepoke1

Novice
Maybe its in ZUD, if you have that installed. I dont think Deluxe edits this method.
I found something in Essentials Patches, Databoxes.rb there is :
Battler Databoxes:
Expand Collapse Copy
@databoxBitmap&.dispose
    @databoxBitmap = AnimatedBitmap.new(bgFilename)
    if onPlayerSide
      @showHP  = true if sideSize == 1
      @showExp = true if sideSize == 1
      @spriteX = Graphics.width - 244
      @spriteY = Graphics.height - 192
      @spriteBaseX = 34

If i change @spriteBaseX = 34 to 40, i can move the name like i want, but it moves the health and exp bar too, is there a way to move only the name? If its something hard or takes time, just forget it. I don't want to be annoying.

Back