• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Eften

Novice
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:LEADER_Esmaralda, "Esmaralda"], {
# Rules
:canlose => true,
:environ => :grass,
:terrain => :grassy,
:backdrop => ["grass", "grass"],
},
{ # Midbattle
"turnCommand" => {
:speech => ["Trees, flowers, leaves, grass, they all have beats."],
:text => ["Her Pokemon seems to be given extra vitality from the surrounding plants.",
"Finish the battle as quickly as possible before your Pokemon are exhausted."]
},
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"turnEnd_repeat_foe" => { #Opp Pokemon heal each turn
:battler => 1,
:text => "The plants is healing her Pokemon!",
:hp => 12
},
"switchIn_CHERRIM_foe" => { #Auto HarshSun when switch in Cherrim
:weather => :HarshSun
},
"switchSentOutLast_foe" => {
:speech => "The most beautiful roses are the most resilient flowers!",
:stats => [:DEFENSE, 1, :SPECIAL_DEFENSE, 1]
},
"loss" => "Haha...you'll never make it out alive!" # Triggers upon losing the battle.
})
I want to a battle that (1) Opp Pokemon can heal each turn, (2), Harsh Sun auto actives when Cherrim switch in, (3) Buff for the last Pokemon. However, only (3) worked. How should I edit the code?

Lucidious89

Champion
I want to a battle that (1) Opp Pokemon can heal each turn, (2), Harsh Sun auto actives when Cherrim switch in, (3) Buff for the last Pokemon. However, only (3) worked. How should I edit the code?
1) As explained in the tutorial, the "turnEnd", as well as all "turn" triggers do not accept _foe or _ally extensions. This is because no particular trainer triggers the start or end of a turn, it's just a natural part of the battle phase. So it doesn't trigger on a specific trainer. So you can remove that from your trigger.

2) Your switch-in trigger isn't activating because there shouldn't be an underscore before the species name. Any extensions that check for a specific ID is just added to the end of the normal trigger without any spaces or underscores.

Some other things to note:
-You're missing the accent over the "e" in your speech events that display the word "Pokemon".
-The correct grammar for your speech in the HP recovery hash would be "The plants are healing her Pokemon!".
-You can use {2} to refer to a trainer's name in a speech event, which is probably better than just using "Her" to refer to the Gym Leader in your first text event. Note however that you'll have to set the battler index first to get the correct owner's name.
-You can't set :HarshSun as a weather. Well, you technically can, but it will automatically end without Primal Groundon on the field. Primal weathers are hard coded in Essentials to automatically end if their respective weather setting ability isn't active on the field. You'll have to set regular :Sun instead.

Eften

Novice
1) Như đã giải thích trong hướng dẫn, "turnEnd" cũng như tất cả các trình kích hoạt "turn" không chấp nhận tiện ích mở rộng _foe hoặc _ally. Điều này là do không có huấn luyện viên cụ thể nào kích hoạt bắt đầu hoặc kết thúc một lượt, đó chỉ là một phần tự nhiên của giai đoạn chiến đấu. Vì vậy, nó không kích hoạt trên một huấn luyện viên cụ thể. Vì vậy, bạn có thể xóa nó khỏi trình kích hoạt của mình.

2) Trình kích hoạt chuyển đổi của bạn không kích hoạt vì không được có dấu gạch dưới trước tên loài. Mọi tiện ích mở rộng kiểm tra ID cụ thể chỉ được thêm vào cuối trình kích hoạt thông thường mà không có bất kỳ dấu cách hoặc dấu gạch dưới nào.

Một số điều khác cần lưu ý:
-Bạn đang thiếu dấu trên chữ "e" trong các sự kiện bài phát biểu hiển thị từ "Pokemon".
-Ngữ pháp chính xác cho bài phát biểu của bạn trong hàm băm phục hồi HP sẽ là "Các cây đang chữa lành vết thương cho Pokemon của cô ấy!".
-Bạn có thể sử dụng {2} để đề cập đến tên của huấn luyện viên trong sự kiện phát biểu, điều này có lẽ tốt hơn là chỉ sử dụng "Her" để đề cập đến Trưởng phòng tập thể dục trong sự kiện văn bản đầu tiên của bạn. Tuy nhiên, xin lưu ý rằng bạn sẽ phải đặt chỉ số battler trước để có được tên chủ sở hữu chính xác.
-Bạn không thể đặt :HarshSun làm thời tiết. Chà, về mặt kỹ thuật thì bạn có thể, nhưng nó sẽ tự động kết thúc mà không có Primal Groundon trên sân. Thời tiết cơ bản được mã hóa cứng trong Essentials để tự động kết thúc nếu khả năng thiết lập thời tiết tương ứng của chúng không hoạt động trên thực địa. Thay vào đó, bạn sẽ phải đặt :Sun thường xuyên.
Thanks for completing it ^^

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.6 Update

Visually Different Super Shinies
I've implemented native functionality that allows you to have different sprites for Super Shiny Pokemon. This does not include any assets for this feature, only the support for it. To implement a Super Shiny sprite, you must create new subfolders in Graphics/Pokemon named Front super shiny, Back super shiny, etc, and place sprites in these folders in the same way you would in other similar folders. If...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Eskiss

Novice
Is it planned to add something like SOS battle in Essentials Deluxe, where a boss could call another pokemon to its help ?
If I'm not mistaken, it's not possible for now.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is it planned to add something like SOS battle in Essentials Deluxe, where a boss could call another pokemon to its help ?
If I'm not mistaken, it's not possible for now.
There's already an SOS plugin out there that's compatible with this. Its listed in the plugin overview.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is there any way for me to add the Pokemon caught in the DEMO_CAPTURE_TUTORIAL to the player's party afterwards?
Then just set :setcapture to true instead of :Demo.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.7 Update

IMPORTANT You must start a new game after installing this update. IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT
You must start a new game after installing this update. IMPORTANT

This update makes more changes to how Pokedex forms are stored, and as such, a new save file is once again required. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to release an update that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Greetings Ludidous89, Another wonderful update! I notice after updating both Deluxe and ZUD today it seems that some but not all icons in the pokedex appears to show the shiny icons instead of the normal icon when never encountering the shiny. Also not sure if this can help or is relegated only notice after the update. Thanks for being a legend!

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
SafariBattle:49:in `opposes?'
Wild Item Drops:5:in `block in pbWildBattleSuccess'
Wild Item Drops:3:in `each'
Wild Item Drops:3:in `pbWildBattleSuccess'
SafariBattle:279:in `pbThrowSuccess'
Battle_CatchAndStoreMixin:169:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Triggers.rb:247:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
SafariBattle:463:in `block in pbStartBattle'
SafariBattle:451:in `loop'
SafariBattle:451:in `pbStartBattle'

Lucidious89

Champion
Greetings Ludidous89, Another wonderful update! I notice after updating both Deluxe and ZUD today it seems that some but not all icons in the pokedex appears to show the shiny icons instead of the normal icon when never encountering the shiny. Also not sure if this can help or is relegated only notice after the update. Thanks for being a legend!
I can't replicate this, and tbh I'm not really sure how that would even happen unless you have missing sprites, or you didn't properly start a new game after installing the update like you were instructed to. You'd have to provide more specific examples otherwise.

Also, the error you posted isn't related to this plugin.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about the Gen 8 Pack feature that replaces the footprint sprite with the species icon, aren't you? I do all my testing on vanilla Essentials, so I didn't notice that earlier. Yeah, that's actually caused by a weird interaction with ZUD and the Gen 8 Pack. I just stealth updated ZUD to fix this.

Last edited:

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
encountter.PNG

Got this error when I try to open the encounter list. I use v 1.2.7 btw

Lucidious89

Champion
I did, if it's the "restart a save file" I already did that
Hmm I don't think you did. I just tested to confirm, and it works fine for me. The only reason you would be getting a "nil" error is if the encounter list is trying to read form data in the old format, which is why a new save file is required. You probably started a new file, forgot to save over the old one, and thought you did.

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
Hmm I don't think you did. I just tested to confirm, and it works fine for me. The only reason you would be getting a "nil" error is if the encounter list is trying to read form data in the old format, which is why a new save file is required. You probably started a new file, forgot to save over the old one, and thought you did.

I completely deleted the old save and started from 0, I checked several times and yet this thing still happens...

Lucidious89

Champion
I completely deleted the old save and started from 0, I checked several times and yet this thing still happens...
Did Deluxe actually update? It says (v1.2.7) in the debug console upon loading the game? If not, recompile.

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
Did Deluxe actually update? It says (v1.2.7) in the debug console upon loading the game? If not, recompile.
Yes it says 1.2.7 in the console. Also I don't know if I should have said that before but the thing works perfectly in areas where there is no encounters, for eg: the player's house.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back