• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Yeah the whole point is that you wanna drag and drop so that all the folders included in the plugin just merge with the existing project folders. So Audio merges with Audio, Graphics with Graphics, etc, etc.
Thanks

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I want to replicate the Volo fight so I tried using the fainted_foe trigger but since at that point the Pokemon has already fainted none of the commands (form change, restore hp) are applied. Is there some other trigger I should be using or is it just not possible to replicate that battle at this point in time?

Lucidious89

Champion
I want to replicate the Volo fight so I tried using the fainted_foe trigger but since at that point the Pokemon has already fainted none of the commands (form change, restore hp) are applied. Is there some other trigger I should be using or is it just not possible to replicate that battle at this point in time?
I dont know what the Volo fight entails, but im sure there's an easier way to do whatever it is youre trying to do.

Once a Pokemon has fainted, its fainted. There's no modifying or altering it, it's no longer considered an active Pokemon.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
During the Volo fight, when you KO Giratina it will revive at maximum health and shift into Origin Form.
The way I'd do it is to just constantly keep Endure status on it, then when it hits 1 HP just restore its HP to max and change its form. I've done a similar mechanic for another boss fight. You'll need to hard program in a way to check if HP is at 1, but that isn't too hard. If you REALLY wanted that 100% genuine, authentic accuracy, you'd need to hijack the code for pbFaint and twist it to fit your needs, but that is considerably more difficult and honestly not worth the time in my opinion.

I'd also like to take this moment to point out that there is a small... quirk (I don't use bug because it's a very narrow issue that only happens under debug-only conditions). When you use the debug command to fill the box with every Pokemon, and check the Pokedex, if you have the "Display Shinies in Pokedex" setting toggled, all the sprites shown for Pokemon you didn't encounter normally (ie, stuff added by filling the box) will be the shiny sprite.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
During the Volo fight, when you KO Giratina it will revive at maximum health and shift into Origin Form.

The way I'd do it is to just constantly keep Endure status on it, then when it hits 1 HP just restore its HP to max and change its form. I've done a similar mechanic for another boss fight. You'll need to hard program in a way to check if HP is at 1, but that isn't too hard. If you REALLY wanted that 100% genuine, authentic accuracy, you'd need to hijack the code for pbFaint and twist it to fit your needs, but that is considerably more difficult and honestly not worth the time in my opinion.

I'd also like to take this moment to point out that there is a small... quirk (I don't use bug because it's a very narrow issue that only happens under debug-only conditions). When you use the debug command to fill the box with every Pokemon, and check the Pokedex, if you have the "Display Shinies in Pokedex" setting toggled, all the sprites shown for Pokemon you didn't encounter normally (ie, stuff added by filling the box) will be the shiny sprite.
Yeah, im aware of the shiny thing. Its more of a product of how the Debug tool is coded, which isnt expecting shiny forms to be visible. I just keep this feature turned off when debugging.

And yeah, the Endure method is how I would handle it. Id probably just make the form change trigger at low HP, with the Endure effect active as a failsafe to prevent fainting.

RegalSword

And yeah, the Endure method is how I would handle it. Id probably just make the form change trigger at low HP, with the Endure effect active as a failsafe to prevent fainting.
How would I remove the Endure effect after the Pokemon transforms? It stays active since I'm using _repeat.

Lucidious89

Champion
How would I remove the Endure effect after the Pokemon transforms? It stays active since I'm using _repeat.
Use the :ignore function to stop the effects of a trigger from repeating after another specified trigger has activated.

RegalSword

Use the :ignore function to stop the effects of a trigger from repeating after another specified trigger has activated.
Could I get an example of how to format the :ignore command?

Lucidious89

Champion
Could I get an example of how to format the :ignore command?
:ignore => "defenderHPLow_foe"

You just input whatever trigger it is that you want, and whenever that trigger activates, everything below :ignore in that hash will no longer activate. Based on what you've described about your battle, I'm assuming you want the Endure effect to stop activating after the foe's Pokemon reaches low HP for the first time, so that's the trigger I went with.

Lucidious89

Champion
Just wanted to ask, there's an unofficial port of EBDX to Essentials v20.1 wich basically just updates the code to not crash but doesn't add anything new.
Any chance you can make Essentials Deluxe compatible?
If not its fine, asking mostly to know if you would be interested
Nope. If im going to do all the work to add compatibility, id rather just wait to do so with Luka's actual successor to EBDX. People are going to immediately abandon the EBDX port as soon as Luka releases his update, anyway. There's zero point in doubling my work load if that's the case.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.5 Update

IMPORTANT You must start a new game after installing this update. IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT
You must start a new game after installing this update. IMPORTANT

General Fixes
  • Reorganized many of the files included in the plugin.
  • Aliased the code related to pbEffectivenessMessage so that this plugin should no longer overwrite any custom...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Back in an older version of Deluxe, I remember I had to go into the Deluxe scripts to change the position of the HP bar for my UI since it overwrote the base Essentials script, but I can't seem to find it in the newest version's scripts anywhere. Where is that handled?

Lucidious89

Champion
Back in an older version of Deluxe, I remember I had to go into the Deluxe scripts to change the position of the HP bar for my UI since it overwrote the base Essentials script, but I can't seem to find it in the newest version's scripts anywhere. Where is that handled?
I don't believe that this is overwritten by this plugin anymore.

DemICE

QoL junkie
so theoretically if you manually set up a code that initializes the :size and :memento attributes on all existing pokemon, you can make older saves compatible without needing to restart

Lucidious89

Champion
so theoretically if you manually set up a code that initializes the :size and :memento attributes on all existing pokemon, you can make older saves compatible without needing to restart
No, those arent the reasons a new save file is required. In fact, the memento attribute already accepts nil as a valid value, and the size attribute defaults to 100 (medium sized) if no size value is present. So if those were the only additions, a new save wouldnt be required.

The reason a new save is required is because of all of the new game stat trackers added in the last update (tracking Z-Move usage, Dynamax usage, etc, etc), in addition to a restructuring of how Pokedex forms are saved (which fixes a bug present in previous versions that would incorrectly save seen forms), both of which are initialized at the start of a new game. Making old save files compatible with these additions/changes would be far more of a headache than simply clearing the old save data.

DemICE

QoL junkie
I see, that's useful to know.
incidentally the dmax icon doesn't turn off here.
1682775820482.png
1682775826031.png

Lucidious89

Champion

Arfonia

Novice
i have this problem.

I installed the generation 8 pack but now when I use the dynamax function the pokemon get smaller.

Any idea why this is happening.

Thanks for the help.

Lucidious89

Champion
i have this problem.

I installed the generation 8 pack but now when I use the dynamax function the pokemon get smaller.

Any idea why this is happening.

Thanks for the help.
Which plugin did you install first - this, or the Gen 8 Pack?

If you installed the Gen 8 Pack first, then you should have deleted the Pokemon graphics that come included in this plugin like it says in the instructions.

Back