• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Kazco

Rookie
Ah.. thanks for the report,
For now you can add if $player.party_count > 0 next to $player.first_able_pokemon.walking_evolution inside Pokemon.rb
like this
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
EventHandlers.add(:on_player_step_taken, :evolution_steps, proc {
  $player.first_able_pokemon.walking_evolution if $player.party_count > 0
})

I will reupload the script tomorrow.
Hey, I'm still getting this issue. It's happening when I have only 1 Pokémon in my party and that Pokémon is fainted.

ky6TksY.png

21n4Ldf.png

EDIT: After thinking about this, it would never happen in a real game as you would pass out in that situation and was only happening due to the fact I was using debug tools.

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
It looks like you just need to edit the plugin's status graphic.

As Lucidious said, the Gen 8 pack contains not only sprites but also scripts that change how Pokemon sprites are displayed. and not everyone wants to use that style. That's why I made two versions of sprites for this resource pack.

Ah.. my bad.

I just reuploaded the resource pack with minor changes.
  • Fixed the walking evolution bug
  • Added in battle effect for Illuminate ability.
  • Added the missing paldean wooper back sprites.
  • Added statuses graphic for Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin
Just wanted to say amazing project on pokémon journey, hope someday you make project again of you free, stay healthy and safe

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I didn't find the FunctionCode for PSYBLADE and HYDRO STEAM in the move.rb
You can find it in pbCalcDamageMultipliers, and there is a typo for Psyblade function code; it wrote "IncreasePowerInElectricTerrain" instead of "IncreasePowerWhileElectricTerrain".
I might re-separate the Psyblade and Hydro Steam code into New Move Function.rb to adjust how v21 AI works.

Just wanted to say amazing project on pokémon journey, hope someday you make project again of you free, stay healthy and safe
Sure thanks

safr

Elite Trainer
You can find it in pbCalcDamageMultipliers, and there is a typo for Psyblade function code; it wrote "IncreasePowerInElectricTerrain" instead of "IncreasePowerWhileElectricTerrain".
I might re-separate the Psyblade and Hydro Steam code into New Move Function.rb to adjust how v21 AI works.

Sure thanks
Ehhhh you answer my comment, I'm really happy because honestly you rarely answer comment on pokémon journey thread so seeing this make me really happy🥲🙏
I have one more question and i think this is the question of everyone who playing Pokémon Journey, pokemon journey is such amazing game and pretty rare genre so maybe is there any chance in the future the development will continue?

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Yeah, its intentional. Essentials is really inconsistent with weather messages (Sun doesnt display a message at the end of each turn, I believe). Newer gens dont display these messages (though, again, its kinda inconsistent), so that's what we went by here.

I think v21 went back to incorporating messages for all weather types, so I assume we'll return to that standard too in the future.
Thanks for the information. If I want to add a weather message for snow, how would I do it?
Edit: I figured it out.

Last edited:

collapsar

Rookie

Sure thanks
Thank you! And I found that the FunctionCode for Chloroblast is "RecoilHalfOfDamageDealt", but it should be "UserLosesHalfOfTotalHP" in fact.

SilverSkele

Rookie
Hey folks. I seem to be encountering this error during compilation:
1688669380383.png

At first I was like "Okay, I'll just change all of the '-1' integers to '1'." Then I encountered a problem with the LevelWalk evolution that I just couldn't fix.
1688669705513.png

There seems to be a problem with the plugin. In my plugins folder I have Automatic Level Scaling, Enhanced UI, Essentials Deluxe, Gen 9 Pack Scripts (v2.0), Improved Item texts, Luka's scripting ultilites, modular title screen, terastal phenomenon, v20.1 hotfixes (v1.0.7), and ZUD Mechanics. Also, I updated the gen 9 pack from v1.1. Anyone have suggestions?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey folks. I seem to be encountering this error during compilation:
View attachment 18876

At first I was like "Okay, I'll just change all of the '-1' integers to '1'." Then I encountered a problem with the LevelWalk evolution that I just couldn't fix.
View attachment 18877
There seems to be a problem with the plugin. In my plugins folder I have Automatic Level Scaling, Enhanced UI, Essentials Deluxe, Gen 9 Pack Scripts (v2.0), Improved Item texts, Luka's scripting ultilites, modular title screen, terastal phenomenon, v20.1 hotfixes (v1.0.7), and ZUD Mechanics. Also, I updated the gen 9 pack from v1.1. Anyone have suggestions?
The -1's are there for a reason. The update post with the entire changelog explains why. You shouldnt just change things like that unless you're aware of what its there for.

Your issue couldve probably been resolved by simply recompiling. Also, if you had the previous version of the Gen 9 pack installed, you should have deleted all of the scripts in that plugin before installing the update. Idk if that applies here, but I thought id mention it.

SilverSkele

Rookie
The -1's are there for a reason. The update post with the entire changelog explains why. You shouldnt just change things like that unless you're aware of what its there for.

Your issue couldve probably been resolved by simply recompiling. Also, if you had the previous version of the Gen 9 pack installed, you should have deleted all of the scripts in that plugin before installing the update. Idk if that applies here, but I thought id mention it.
How do I recompile? I hold down control and the same errors occur, so I don't know if I am doing something right. I will try to restore an earlier version of my game before I updated it, and see if deleting the scripts first help. When you say deleting the scripts, do you mean just deleting the plugin and then loading the game without the old plugin, and then load it again with the new plugin?

EDIT: Just notice as my game was loading, it loaded v1.1, even though I downloaded v2.0! I'm going to see if I can rectify this on my end.

Lucidious89

Champion
How do I recompile? I hold down control and the same errors occur, so I don't know if I am doing something right. I will try to restore an earlier version of my game before I updated it, and see if deleting the scripts first help. When you say deleting the scripts, do you mean just deleting the plugin and then loading the game without the old plugin, and then load it again with the new plugin?
I mean deleting all the contents in the plugin (as in, all the scripts), and then dropping the new scripts in there.

The v2.0 update renames and reorganizes all of the files of the previous version, so if you just dragged & dropped the new plugin into your game, all of the old files are still there. So get rid of them.

And you recompile by holding Ctrl. You'll know it worked because the game console will literally say "Starting full compile".

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
I am not seeing the gen 9 Pokemon sprites in the graphics folder. In the Graphics/Pokemon folder all I see if footprints. No icons, overworlds or battle sprites

Lucidious89

Champion
nevermind, I see they are in optional/Gen 8 style. Seems a weird place for that
Youre supposed to pick which folder to use for your project. If youre using the Gen 8 Pack, you use the Gen 8 folder. If youre using vanilla Essentials, you use the vanilla folder. The sprites are scaled completely differently, hence why they are separated. The instructions explain this.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I got this error when compile the scripts..
I'm using a latest version

Note :
Nvm...solved!

Last edited:

JitterySamurai

Rookie
Is this ressource pack supported by v21 ? Or do I have to wait until the upgrade comes ? I'm totally new to RMXP and Essentials, if someone can answer me, it would be very nice ! 🙏🏻

Lucidious89

Champion
Is this ressource pack supported by v21 ? Or do I have to wait until the upgrade comes ? I'm totally new to RMXP and Essentials, if someone can answer me, it would be very nice ! 🙏🏻
If it was compatible with v21, it would say its compatible with v21.

With that said, making it compatible isn't that difficult with a few tweaks and omissions. But im not going to get into that here, since this thread is for v20.1.

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
Unsure if this is known already or not, but Hisuian Sneasel has the incorrect evolution type ItemDay and should be:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
Evolutions = SNEASLER,DayHoldItem,RAZORCLAW

Toxillian

Novice
Hey, I made some more move animations. This one includes Axe Kick, Bitter Blade, Collision Course, Electro Drift, Rage Fist, Raging Bull (all 3 types), and Spin Out. I also made an edit to the Raging Bull code to play the animation based on its type. https://www.mediafire.com/file/65oseo5qi4g4otl/SV_Move_Animations.zip/file

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
#===============================================================================
# Raging Bull
#===============================================================================
# Ends Light Screen, Reflect and Aurora Veil on the target's side.
# If used by Tauros, the type of the move changes to reflect Tauros's type.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class Battle::Move::TypeIsUserSecondTypeRemoveScreens < Battle::Move::RemoveScreens
  def pbBaseType(user)
    return @type if !user.isSpecies?(:TAUROS)
    userTypes = user.pokemon.types
    return userTypes[1] || userTypes[0] || @type
  end

def pbShowAnimation(id, user, targets, hitNum = 0, showAnimation = true)
    t = pbBaseType(user)
    hitNum = 1 if t == :FIRE   # Type-specific anims
    hitNum = 2 if t == :WATER
    super
  end
end

Last edited:

Nut0066

Nut
Hello! Its Nut0066 with some more move animations for this project including some updated animations to some other moves I created.

This pack includes new animations for the following:
Aqua Cutter (Updated), Axe Kick, Barb Barrage, Chilly Reception, Doodle, Double Shock, Esper Wing, Fillet Away, Kowtow Cleave, Last Respects (Updated), Lumina Crash, Ruination, Salt Cure and Victory Dance. (These moves were also created using the same resources as other move animations posted here)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eayqa9cwcts52vg/Gen_9_Project_Move_Animations_Nut0066.rar/file

Last edited:
Back