• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
some missing follower sprites (credits on each file) and all shiny follower sprites:

Follower Sprites still missing (and their shiny versions):
lokix, mabosstiff, bombirdier, orthworm, iron jugulis

RyssyRys

Rookie
Got an error in my fangame, brought over all of the files but I'm unsure what's causing this.
[2023-05-23 22:02:24 -0300]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 33 (coords 90,56), map 14 (Zose Academy)
Exception: NameError

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.start(:TEACHER, "Césped", 0)
Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:104:in `pbInitEffects'
[Generation 9 Pack] PLA Move Function.rb:10:in `pbInitEffects'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Battler.rb:62:in `pbInitEffects'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:34:in `pbInitEffects'
[ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:36:in `pbInitEffects'
[PLA Battle Styles] [001] Battle.rb:219:in `pbInitEffects'
[Glanced Hits] GH.rb:29:in `pbInitEffects'
[Focus Meter System] [003] Battle_Battler.rb:53:in `pbInitEffects'
Battler_Initialize:14:in `initialize'
Battle_StartAndEnd:113:in `new'

MR.Tectass

Rookie
hi i am new to this whole pokemon essential thing and i have problems useing the Gen 9 pack 1.problem is that if i start the DEBUG i cant give me some of the new Pokemon. 2. is a Compile datas bug wich looks like this:

-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt.............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at 380:Compiler:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST

KRLW890

The Beast
hi i am new to this whole pokemon essential thing and i have problems useing the Gen 9 pack 1.problem is that if i start the DEBUG i cant give me some of the new Pokemon. 2. is a Compile datas bug wich looks like this:

-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt.............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at 380:Compiler:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST
You have to compile the plugin scripts before adding the PBS files. Move the PBS files somewhere else and replace them with the old PBS files, then compile the plugin scripts. After that, you can add the PBS changes back in.

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
I noticed the move Raging Bull lists its move code as RemoveScreens instead of TypeDependsOnUserForm.

Edit:
The 1.5x boost for Orichalcum Pulse/Hadron Engine is too big according to Bulbapedia:
Orichalcum Pulse also boosts the Pokémon's Attack stat by roughly 33% (or more precisely, by a factor of 5461/4096) in harsh sunlight.
Barb Barrage should have 60 power, not 75.

Glaive Rush is implemented incorrectly. It should skip accuracy calculations instead of ignoring immunities and protect moves. Also, it should end at the battler's next turn, like Destiny Bond, rather than the end of the next round.

Last edited:

MR.Tectass

Rookie
You have to compile the plugin scripts before adding the PBS files. Move the PBS files somewhere else and replace them with the old PBS files, then compile the plugin scripts. After that, you can add the PBS changes back in.
i dont know what i did wrong but if i do as u explained i still have the same error x/ update: i have done it 100 times now and it dosn´t work , i use the old PBS compile data after that i switch in the new PBS now i am asked to change some datas cause they allready exist in the old PBS so i press yes for everything, now i compile with the new PBS and get the same BUG again Update:worked simply forget to press CTRL x.X

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
are you planning on updating opportunist to not just be one stage?
I noticed the move Raging Bull lists its move code as RemoveScreens instead of TypeDependsOnUserForm.

Edit:
The 1.5x boost for Orichalcum Pulse/Hadron Engine is too big according to Bulbapedia:

Barb Barrage should have 60 power, not 75.
Im assisting Caruban with a huge update (its basically a new plugin at this point) which addresses all of the issues/inaccuracies of the original scripts and PBS data, as well as adding a bunch more content from PLA/SV that isnt currently provided in the plugin. It's being bug tested now, so hopefully we'll reach the finish line soon.

Snolid Ice

Novice
Im assisting Caruban with a huge update (its basically a new plugin at this point) which addresses all of the issues/inaccuracies of the original scripts and PBS data, as well as adding a bunch more content from PLA/SV that isnt currently provided in the plugin. It's being bug tested now, so hopefully we'll reach the finish line soon.
ah alright good luck

sam1234567890

Rookie
Help with Palafin error
I downloaded Generation 9 Resource Pack after a fight with Palafin it shows me the following error.
[2023-06-08 08:15:24 +0200]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `setPokemonBitmap' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
Battle_Scene:396:in `pbChangePokemon'
Battler_ChangeSelf:163:in `pbChangeForm'
[Generation 9 Pack] New Abilities.rb:579:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:227:in `trigger'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:457:in `block in triggerOnSwitchOut'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:455:in `each'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:455:in `triggerOnSwitchOut'
Battle_StartAndEnd:495:in `block in pbEndOfBattle'
Battle_StartAndEnd:492:in `each'
Battle_StartAndEnd:492:in `pbEndOfBattle'

What should I do?

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Help with Palafin error
I downloaded Generation 9 Resource Pack after a fight with Palafin it shows me the following error.
[2023-06-08 08:15:24 +0200]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `setPokemonBitmap' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
Battle_Scene:396:in `pbChangePokemon'
Battler_ChangeSelf:163:in `pbChangeForm'
[Generation 9 Pack] New Abilities.rb:579:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:227:in `trigger'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:457:in `block in triggerOnSwitchOut'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:455:in `each'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Ability Effects.rb:455:in `triggerOnSwitchOut'
Battle_StartAndEnd:495:in `block in pbEndOfBattle'
Battle_StartAndEnd:492:in `each'
Battle_StartAndEnd:492:in `pbEndOfBattle'

What should I do?
This'll be fixed in the next release.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Charcadet's shiny back sprite seems to have a naming error?
1686745429821.png

ExtremeMpsilvamps

Rookie
Hi, I'm kinda new to pokémon essentials. I'm having trouble to understand the code about Quilava, Dewott and Dartrix evolving into their hisuian forms. It's about the location that they evolve?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, I'm kinda new to pokémon essentials. I'm having trouble to understand the code about Quilava, Dewott and Dartrix evolving into their hisuian forms. It's about the location that they evolve?
The plugin erroneously checks the forms of these species upon hatching from an egg. Obviously, this is incorrect, since none of these species hatch from eggs, nor do those species even have forms (its their evolved forms that do).

Basically, no code is actually in place that accurately puts these species in their correct forms. This will be fixed in a future update.

KRLW890

The Beast
So another developer (Nut0066) and I have been working on move animations for a bunch of PLA + Gen 9 moves. These animations piggyback off of the Reborn Gen 8 move animation project, which some other animations already shared here do as well, so just know that you'll have some missing assets if you just drop them into a blank Essentials project.

Aqua Step
Chilling Water
Stone Axe
Twin Beam

Aqua Cutter
Bitter Malice
Bleakwind Storm
Chloroblast
Dire Claw
Headlong Rush
Hyper Drill
Ice Spinner
Last Respects
Mortal Spin
Mountain Gale
Order Up
Raging Fury
Revival Blessing
Sandsear Storm
Shed Tail
Shelter
Springtide Storm
Trailblaze
Triple Dive
Wave Crash
Wildbolt Storm

Expect more soon.

SunriseStudios

Novice
Hi, does anybody know when the back sprites (normal + shiny) of Finizen/Palafin and Tinkatink/Tinkatuff/Tinkaton will be available? Is anybody working on them, or are they available and I missed them?

Refrain

Ref:rain
Hi, does anybody know when the back sprites (normal + shiny) of Finizen/Palafin and Tinkatink/Tinkatuff/Tinkaton will be available? Is anybody working on them, or are they available and I missed them?
I have all of them, but some sprites looks bad

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack with a new update entry:

Update v2.0 - Tidied up, rewrote a bunch of script, and completed the missing sprites

Detail Changelog:
PBS Files
Pokemon
  • Updated move learn sets of all species.
  • Made it so that Pokemon can now have moves added to their level-up learn set that are learned at level -1. This is used for Move Relearner-exclusive moves that the Pokemon isn't meant to learn at any level, not even level 1. This is a feature that was introduced in Scarlet & Voilet.
  • Added Move Relearner-exclusive moves to the learn sets of all appropriate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back