• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Jwilliam1027

Rookie
When I Did This Most.. AND I MEAN MOST Where Floating And Did Not Look Good.. Any Way To Fix This?

also heres proof
Screenshot (164).png

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Looked into an issue with the Ruinous Quartet for this pack, and with some help found that the check for the move type should have a prefix of move. before specialMove?, etc. Thought I should report it here so it can be looked into on if this is the best fix, and if it should be added to the main pack's scripts.

Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `specialMove?' for #<Battle::AI>

Game Dev Cafe help ticket
Thanks, I will update it
Hello! I've received a report that the Ability Shield does not prevent Entrainment, and that a Pokemon holding the Punching Gloves is still affected by the Iron Thorns ability.
Updated the ability shield for Entrainment, and The punching glove only protects the user when using a punching move.
i Fricked up so badly that i had to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing.. loosing the things i made... but this time im doing it first then gen 8 then hotfix
Always create a backup of your project before adding and/or replacing some new stuff as written in the instruction

Last edited:

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (Incomplete sprites) with a new update entry:

Update v1.1 - Fixing and Adding stuff for Ability Shield and some bugs

Change logs:
# Fixed : adding move. infront of specialMove? and physicalMove? in Ai Changes.rb
# Fixed : Commander ability when dondozo fainted
# Fixed : Doodle affects by ability shield
# Added : missing move and ability affected by Ability Shield (role play, entrainment, power of alchemy, receiver, and trace)
# Added : Walking Wake and Iron Leaves cries, battle and icon sprites
# Added : Footprints, more backsprites and follower sprites
# Added : AI score for move...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
1.The footprint of OVERQWIL is named as "OVERQWILL.png".
2.In battler.rb
line" battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} comes out of {2}'s mouth!", @battle.battlers[dondozo[1]].pbThis, @battle.battlers[dondozo[0]].pbThis(true))) if showMessage"
I guess the first "battle" should be "@battle"

Caruban

Cooltrainer
1.The footprint of OVERQWIL is named as "OVERQWILL.png".
2.In battler.rb
line" battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} comes out of {2}'s mouth!", @battle.battlers[dondozo[1]].pbThis, @battle.battlers[dondozo[0]].pbThis(true))) if showMessage"
I guess the first "battle" should be "@battle"
Thanks, I just fixed the typo and reuploaded the resource.

LilyInTheWater

Novice
Hey so, I figured I should give you guys a heads up but your installation instructions caused some confusion when I was installing because they still talk about a "Generation 5 Style" and a "Generation 4 Style" folder when you probably renamed them to "Generation 8 Pack" and "Vanilla Pack" in the actual download, probably should edit the post to reflect that for future installers who might fear they're doing something wrong when they can't find those files.

(edit: the error I posted was the result of another plugin, it has since been deleted)

Last edited:

futuresushi

Novice
Hello! I was looking for shorter versions of the Move and Ability descriptions to incorporate independent of your pack (thank you to PorousMist!) and while going over the abilities I noticed a few that could use better phrasing, either for readability or to correctly define the Ability. I put them under a cut, feel free to ignore but since I was doing the editing for myself anyway I figured it would be nice to share. If you use em you can credit me or not whatever you feel like.

• All the Ruin Abilities: Change "Lower" to "Lowers"
  • Anger Shell: "Gets a powerful boost if a hit makes its HP half or less.", I think stat changes is too vague but honestly so is this, still needs work imo
  • Costar: "Copies an ally's stat changes upon entry to battle."
  • Earth Eater: "Restores HP if hit by a Ground-type move."
  • Electromorphosis: "The Pokémon becomes charged upon taking damage."
  • Guard Dog: "Boosts Atk if intimidated and immune to being forced out."
  • Lingering Aroma: "Contact with this Pokémon spreads this Ability." (specific mechanically)
  • Mycelium Might: "Status moves are unimpeded by Abilities but slower to use." (still not 100% on this one but i think its more clear, like you still cant Spore a Grass-type so I think specifying Ability is important)
  • Opportunist: "Copies an opponent's stat boost during a turn."
  • Purifying Salt: "Gains protection from status effects and Ghost-type moves." (still not 100% on this one either, might not be clear that it's not a full block on Ghost moves)
  • Seed Sower: "Turns the ground into Grassy Terrain upon taking damage."
  • Supreme Overlord: "Boosts the power of its moves with every fainted ally." (more mechanically accurate)
  • Thermal Exchange could do to mention the Burn chance but I couldn't fit it either lol
  • Toxic Debris: "Scatters Toxic Spikes when hit by physical moves." (more mechanically accurate)
  • Well-Baked Body: "Fire-type moves deal no damage and sharply boost Defense." (more mechanically accurate)
  • Wind Power: "The Pokémon becomes charged from taking wind damage."
  • Wind Rider: "Boosts Attack in Tailwind or when attacked by wind moves."

I'll go over moves tomorrow and offer similar feedback!

EDIT: Started on moves! So far I've only gone through PLA moves but hoo boy some of these suckers are a doozy.

It was easier just to re-list all of them rather than try to track changes. Should all fit within a standard box and I only had to compromise on content for Triple Arrows, a stupid move which shouldn't exist in the form it does.

BARBBARRAGEThe user launches toxic barbs which may poison the target. Power is doubled against already poisoned foes.
BITTERMALICEThe user attacks the target with spine-chilling resentment. This also lowers the target's Attack stat.
BLEAKWINDSTORMThe user attacks with savagely cold winds. This may also lower the Speed stats of opposing Pokémon.
CEASELESSEDGEThe user slashes its shell blade at the target, scattering Spikes underneath them.
CHLOROBLASTThe user launches its amassed chlorophyll to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user.
DIRECLAWThe user slashes the target with ruinous claws. This may also leave the target poisoned, paralyzed, or asleep.
ESPERWINGThe user slashes the target with aura-enriched wings, boosting its Speed. Critical hits land more easily.
HEADLONGRUSHThe user smashes into the target in a full-body tackle. This also lowers the user's Defense and Sp. Def stats.
INFERNALPARADEThe user attacks with myriad fireballs which may burn the target. Power is doubled against already statused foes.
LUNARBLESSINGThe user receives a blessing from the moon, restoring HP and curing status conditions of itself and allies.
MOUNTAINGALEThe user hurls giant chunks of ice at the target to inflict damage. This may also make the target flinch.
MYSTICALPOWERThe user attacks by emitting a mysterious power. This also boosts the user's Sp. Atk stat.
POWERSHIFTThe user swaps its Attack and Defense stats.
PSYSHIELDBASHCloaking itself in psychic energy, the user slams into the target. This also boosts the user's Defense stat.
RAGINGFURYThe user rampages around spewing flames for two to three turns. The user then becomes confused.
SANDSEARSTORMThe user attacks with fierce gusts of searingly hot sand. This may also leave opponents with a burn.
SHELTERThe user makes its skin as hard as an iron shield, sharply boosting its Defense stat.
SPRINGTIDESTORMThe user attacks with fierce winds brimming with love and hate. This may also lower opponent's Attack stats.
STONEAXEThe user swings its stone axes at the target, scattering Stealth Rocks that float around them.
TAKEHEARTThe user lifts its spirits, curing its own status conditions and boosting its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def stats.
TRIPLEARROWSThe user kicks, then fires three arrows. This move may lower the target's Defense stat or make it flinch.
VICTORYDANCEThe user performs an intense dance to usher in victory, boosting its Attack, Defense, and Speed stats.
WAVECRASHThe user shrouds itself in water and slams into the target. This also damages the user quite a lot.
WILDBOLTSTORMThe user attacks with a thunderous tempest of lightning and wind. This may also leave opponents with paralysis.

AQUACUTTERThe user expels pressurized water to cut at the target like a blade. Critical hits land more easily.
AQUASTEPThe user attacks the target using light and fluid dance steps. This also boosts the user’s Speed stat.
ARMORCANNONThe user shoots its own armor out as blazing projectiles. This also lowers the user’s Defense and Sp. Def stats.
AXEKICKThe user performs a downward kick which may also confuse the target. If it misses, the user takes damage instead.
BITTERBLADEA bitter, spiteful slashing attack. The user’s HP is restored by up to half the damage taken by the target.
CHILLINGWATERThe user attacks by showering the target with disarmingly cold water, lowering their Attack stat.
CHILLYRECEPTIONThe user tells a chillingly bad joke before switching out. This summons a snowstorm lasting five turns.
COLLISIONCOURSEA massive prehistoric explosion. This move’s power is boosted more than usual if it’s a supereffective hit.
COMEUPPANCEThe user retaliates with much greater force against the opponent that last inflicted damage on it.
DOODLEThe user captures a quick sketch, changing the Abilities of the user and its ally Pokémon to that of the target.
DOUBLESHOCKThe user discharges all the electricity from its body to attack. The user will no longer be Electric type.
ELECTRODRIFTA futuristic electric strike. This move’s power is boosted more than usual if it’s a supereffective hit.
FILLETAWAYThe user sharply boosts its Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats by using its own HP.
FLOWERTRICKThe user throws a rigged bouquet of flowers at the target, which always hits and lands a critical hit.
GIGATONHAMMERThe user swings its whole body around to attack with its huge hammer. This move can’t be used twice in a row.
GLAIVERUSHA reckless charge that ensures attacks from foes during the next turn cannot miss and will inflict double damage.
HYDROSTEAMThe user blasts the target with boiling-hot water whose power is boosted rather than lowered in harsh sunlight.
HYPERDRILLThe user spins the pointed part of its body at high speed to pierce the target, ignoring protections.
ICESPINNERThe user covers its feet in thin ice and twirls around, slamming into the target and destroying the terrain.
JETPUNCHThe user summons a torrent around its fist and punches at blinding speed. Always goes first.
KOWTOWCLEAVEThe user slashes at the target after kowtowing to make the target let down its guard. This attack never misses.
LASTRESPECTSThe user attacks to avenge its allies. The move’s power increases for each defeated ally.
LUMINACRASHThe user attacks by unleashing a peculiar, mind-bending light that also harshly lowers the target’s Sp. Def stat.
MAKEITRAINThe user throws out a huge mass of coins, lowering its Sp. Atk stat. Money is earned after the battle.
MORTALSPINThe user performs a spin that can also eliminate certain traps and hazards. This also poisons opposing Pokémon.
ORDERUPThe user attacks with elegant poise. If the user has a Tatsugiri in its mouth, a boost occurs based on its form.
POPULATIONBOMBThe user’s fellows gather in droves to perform a combo attack that hits the target one to ten times in a row.
POUNCEThe user attacks by pouncing on the target. This also lowers the target’s Speed stat.
PSYBLADEThe user rends the target with an ethereal blade whose power is boosted if the user is on Electric Terrain.
RAGEFISTThe user converts its rage into energy to attack. The move’s power increases every time the user is hit.
RAGINGBULLThe user charges like a raging bull, destroying enemy barriers. This move’s type depends on the user’s form.
REVIVALBLESSINGThe user bestows a loving blessing, reviving a party Pokémon that has fainted and restoring half their max HP.
RUINATIONThe user summons a ruinous disaster. This cuts the target’s HP in half.
SALTCUREThe user salt cures the target, inflicting damage every turn. Steel and Water types take more damage.
SHEDTAILThe user creates a substitute for itself using its own HP before switching places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
SILKTRAPUser spins a silken trap to protect itself from damage, lowering the Speed stat of any that make direct contact.
SNOWSCAPEThe user summons a snowstorm lasting five turns. This boosts the Defense stats of Ice types.
SPICYEXTRACTEmitting an incredibly spicy extract, the user sharply boosts the target’s Attack while harshly lowering their Defense.
SPINOUTThe user spins furiously to inflict damage on the target. This also harshly lowers the user’s Speed stat.
TERABLASTIf the user has Terastallized, it unleashes energy of its Tera Type. Uses the user's better attacking stat.
TIDYUPThe user tidies up, clearing hazards and substitutes from the field. This also boosts the user’s Attack and Speed.
TORCHSONGThe user blows out raging flames as if singing a song. This also boosts the user’s Sp. Atk stat.
TRAILBLAZEThe user attacks suddenly as if leaping out from tall grass. The user’s nimble footwork boosts its Speed stat.
TRIPLEDIVEThe user performs a perfectly timed triple dive, hitting the target with splashes of water three times in a row.
TWINBEAMThe user shoots mystical beams from its eyes to inflict damage. The target is hit twice in a row.

Thanks!

EDIT2: Added all the other SV moves!

Last edited:

Jwilliam1027

Rookie
i have a gut feeling that this can work with 19.1 and ill test........ tmw tho... and if it does.. you can change the title to 19.1/20.1 lol

Jwilliam1027

Rookie
i have a gut feeling that this can work with 19.1 and ill test........ tmw tho... and if it does.. you can change the title to 19.1/20.1 lol
Tested And You Would Have To Define Them Yourself lol

So Far I Have The Charcadet Line And Kingambit

AgentKiwi09

Novice
Hi there! So I might be dumb but I downloaded this resource and it gives me an error code at Primeape to Annihilape evolution. Is this a common issue or is there something I missed in downloading?

DenisGamer456

Novice
Hi i got this error

=================

[2023-05-17 05:10:14 +0000]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_metrics.txt, section BASCULEGION, key header

Backtrace:
Compiler:345:in `checkEnumField'
Compiler:320:in `csvEnumField!'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] Custom Sprite Scales.rb:140:in `block (2 levels) in compile_pokemon_metrics'
Compiler:135:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:108:in `block in pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:100:in `each_line'
Compiler:100:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:134:in `pbEachFileSection'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] Custom Sprite Scales.rb:130:in `block in compile_pokemon_metrics'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] Custom Sprite Scales.rb:124:in `open'

Lucidious89

Champion
A few small things I'd like to report:

• Paldean Wooper and all Paldean Tauros forms are missing the Generation = 9 flag.
  • Basculegion is missing FormName = Male in pokemon.txt, as well as its form 1 missing FormName = Female in pokemon_forms.txt.
  • The ability Zero To Hero causes a crash in cases where you flee from an opposing Palafin who hasn't transformed yet.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back