• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Seems you've forgotten the Water Tera Shard. I can easily make a sprite by simply colorizing one of the existing ones, but just wanted to let you know so you can add in one next time you update.
Thanks for the report, will be added on the newer update.
How to add gen 9 resource pack into pokemon essentials v20.1
can someone explain how i can download this into my pokemon essentials files please :)
Added an instruction to the resource pages.
my game froze when an ai tried to use a revive
I updated the script for the AI using revive a little bit, but I don't know if this will solve the problem.
I can use this resource on v19?
Yes, but only the audio and the graphics
PBS file for v19 is a little different from v20, and I don't think the script will work on v19.
Hi. In the spanish community we are creating a big drive with every gen 9 sprite, and I want to share it with you. We have added some of the sprites in this thread to our project with its respective credits, so I wanted to tell you so that you can add to this thread those sprites we have that you don't.

Regards!

Great, thank you for sharing this here. Added some sprites to the newer update.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (WIP, SPOILERS) with a new update entry:

Update 0.9 (added vanilla and Gen 5 style sprites)

Change logs:
# Adding Water Tera Shard, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet item sprites
# Adding and Changing Toedscool, Toedscruel, Tadbulb, Bellibolt sprites
# Adding Charcadet, Armorouge, Ceruledge backsprite
# Adding Gen 4 style sprites
# Fixing Revive AI bug (Won't do any effect if the faint pokemon index = 1)
# Updating the movepool for the returning Pokémon in SV

Read the rest of this update entry...

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Oh wow, I'm happy to have my sprites included in the plugin! Also seems like the pack is almost completed!

About the smaller back sprites for the gen 4 style folder: The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource has a couple Legend: Arceus mons and the first stage for the gen 9 starters (I think Cyclizar too), it may be worth looking into.
Sure, I will check it later
Ceaseless edge fails after being used 3 times, I can only assume it's because it has the same flags as the move spikes?
Ah.. I see, thanks for the report, I need to update the function code for the spikes to add a status move-only condition to fail.
I think this will solve the problem
Ruby:
#===============================================================================
# Entry hazard. Lays spikes on the opposing side (max. 3 layers). (Spikes)
#===============================================================================
class Battle::Move::AddSpikesToFoeSide < Battle::Move
  def pbMoveFailed?(user, targets)
    return false if damagingMove?
    if user.pbOpposingSide.effects[PBEffects::Spikes] >= 3
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
      return true
    end
    return false
  end

def pbEffectGeneral(user)
    return if damagingMove?
    user.pbOpposingSide.effects[PBEffects::Spikes] += 1
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Spikes were scattered all around {1}'s feet!",
                            user.pbOpposingTeam(true)))
  end

def pbAdditionalEffect(user, target)
    if user.pbOpposingSide.effects[PBEffects::Spikes] < 3
      user.pbOpposingSide.effects[PBEffects::Spikes] += 1
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Spikes were scattered all around {1}'s feet!",
                              user.pbOpposingTeam(true)))
    end
  end
end
added at line 6, 15, and 21-27

And add EffectChance = 100 to Ceaseless Edge PBS move.
Stealth rock also need to be updated for Stone Axe

I will add it in the next update

LizardKing

Rookie
Hello! I'm getting this error!
I installed the following resources (on a fresh new copy of essentials) in this order:
Essentials Deluxe - Gen 8 Pack - Gen 9 Pack (added the contents from the "Generation 5 style" to the root of my project folder).
1673658859024.png

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I noticed some things about the sprites:

Several front sprites, like Sprigatito and Wigglet (both gen 4 and 5), aren't centered, so when I open on some screens they became too positioned on bottom (and a little in the front). These align issues can be noticed at your gif in the main post (look how far some sprites are from center). This contrast with pokémon from other gens, specially on custom screens. I will be grateful if you center these disaligned sprites.

This folder division is a bit confusing. The icons on gen 5 folder aren't gen 5 style, but gen 6 style, while gen 4 folder include gen 4 icons. Also, on gen 4 folder, the fronts sprites have 128, 160 and 192 sizes (from Gen 3, 4 and 5). Changing the folders or giving instructions may helps this.

Detail that worth mentioning: For some reason, the sprites (except icons) sizes are bigger than gen 8 pack (I have que v18 version where these sprites have the double size). On gen 8 pack (with 3 generations), for example, there are only 4 sprites with 10 Kb or more. In this pack, there are 18 sprites.

Detail that worth mentioning 2: There are some iCCP chunk on the majority of Front/Back Sprites (I guess that in alpha channel). This give error if you try to load the sprites using some prograns like SDL. I put on format factory and these sprites received a black background (attached image).

Attachments

• Sprite Issue.png
    Sprite Issue.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

SickSadWorld

Rookie
Hello! You are doing amazing work! Thank you for all your hard effort. I have run into a problem though. I installed according to instructions, but i keep getting this error message when I try to compile the data from the debug menu ingame.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    34.2 KB · Views: 137

sircam

Rookie
Hello. I was able to plug in your files into mine and they work but the sprites are very very small in battle. is there a way to fix this?

MrBoost2136

Rookie
A couple of reports:

Stone Axe's base power should be 65 and accuracy should be 90%. It also shouldn't have a boosted critical hit ratio.

The following forms don't have their correct category name:
-Galarian Zen Mode Darmanitan (Blazing)
-Hisuian Growlithe (Scout)
-Hisuian Voltorb & Electrode (Sphere)
-Hisuian Lilligant (Spinning)
-White-Striped Basculin (Mellow)
-Hisuian Goodra (Shell Bunker)
-Hero Palafin (Hero)
-Paldean Wooper (Poison Fish)
-Roaming Gimmighoul (Coin Hunter)

Roaming Gimmighoul should also be called Roaming Gimmighoul, not Roam Gimmighoul.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
On Credits, WolfPP and Wolfang62 aren't the same people?

I noticed another thing about sprites. For Gen 4 sprites style, some sprites, like almost all for Legends: Arceus, looks like 128x128 in a 160x160 image. The side effect was these sprites looks smaller than default ones. Some regional forms and evolution looks smaller the the previous form. Ursaluna looks a slightly smaller than Ursaring.

itman312

Rookie
There is a bug with the evolution method for Rellor, Pawmo, and Bramblin. If you level them up before you've taken a single step with them at the front of your party, the game will crash. This can be fixed by modifying the evolution method like so:

Ruby:
GameData::Evolution.register({
  :id            => :Walk,
  :parameter     => Integer,
  :minimum_level        => 1,   # Needs any level up
  :level_up_proc        => proc { |pkmn, parameter|
    if !!pkmn.step_count
      next pkmn.step_count >= parameter
    end
  },
})

Con1208

Rookie
Help please! I tried to playtest and this happened?

-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt.............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at 380:Compiler:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/encounters.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/map_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/player_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/regional_dexes.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/ribbons.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/shadow_pokemon.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_metrics.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_lists.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_types.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainers.dat

What does this mean? Did I mess up somewhere?

KRLW890

The Beast
Help please! I tried to playtest and this happened?

-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt.............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at 380:Compiler:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/encounters.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/map_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/player_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/regional_dexes.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/ribbons.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/shadow_pokemon.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_metrics.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_lists.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_types.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainers.dat

What does this mean? Did I mess up somewhere?

It looks like the evolution method for Primape into Annihilape is causing it. Make sure you have the scripts installed in your plugins folder, in particular, the New_Evolution_Method file. If that doesn't work, you could try changing Primape's evolution method to something more traditional as a last resort.

Asforcia

Novice
will this still be updated eventually? im worrying that my game wont have full gen 9 experience-

Back