• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Question-ish
It seems like Gigaton Hammer is using the Function Code for Hyper Beam, Giga Impact; but the move doesn't work like that in game.
Sorry, my bad. I don't have my own copy of the game yet, so there may be some errors.
But when you used it twice, is it gonna be fail or player cannot choose the move like Torment?

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
Sorry, my bad. I don't have my own copy of the game yet, so there may be some errors.
But when you used it twice, is it gonna be fail or player cannot choose the move like Torment?
I see. No problem.
Yes, it works like that, you can't use Gigaton Hammer twice in a row. But you can use another move, an item, switch, or run with no issue.

Orange Boi

The Orangest of all Bois!
I keep getting this error after a turn passes in the battle. The only two plugins I have installed are this one and the 20.1 Hotfixes. What could be causing this error?

=================

[2022-11-28 11:21:55 -0600]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbSetWeatherScene' for #<Battle::Scene>

Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] Weather Snow.rb:46:in `pbEOREndWeather'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:603:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_Clauses:41:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[Generation 9 Pack] Battle.rb:7:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `loop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:314:in `pbStartBattleCore'

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I keep getting this error after a turn passes in the battle. The only two plugins I have installed are this one and the 20.1 Hotfixes. What could be causing this error?

=================

[2022-11-28 11:21:55 -0600]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbSetWeatherScene' for #<Battle::Scene>

Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] Weather Snow.rb:46:in `pbEOREndWeather'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:603:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_Clauses:41:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[Generation 9 Pack] Battle.rb:7:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `loop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:314:in `pbStartBattleCore'
Yeah, I got same problem
But, after I delete weather snow.rb, everything works fine.
Still waiting Caruban fix weather snow.rb..

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (WIP, SPOILERS) with a new update entry:

Update to v0.6

Change logs :
  • Fixing supreme overlord
  • Fixing gigaton hammer
  • Remove the pbSetWeatherScene line
  • Adding Punching flag to Headlong Rush, Rage Fist, Surging Strikes
  • Adding Slicing flag to Ceaseless Edge, Secret Sword, Stone Axe
  • Updating Dauntless Shield, Intrepid Sword, Libero, Protean
  • Excluding Synchronize effect when outside of battle for mechanic generation > 8

Read the rest of this update entry...

CornParade0669

Novice
Some stuff I spotted as I was looking through the files:

1) I think the "Doodle" move function code is still just a copy of "Role Play", I don't see where it's affecting the user's ally in a double battle.

2) The PBS for "Jet Punch" is missing the CanProtect and CanMirrorMove flags. "Aqua Step" and "Axe Kick" are missing the Contact flag.

3) Is Revival Blessing considered a healing move (i.e. for the effects of Triage or Heal Block)? If it is then that function def is missing in the move function code for it, but if it isn't then ignore me. I'm aware this may be hard to determine since Heal Block isn't in Gen XIII or Gen IX and the only thing with Triage is Comfey. Not sure if there are any other interactions that could determine this.

4) I think anything in the PBS with "Accuracy = 101" should be "Accuracy = 0" if the intended effect is that it skips accuracy checks (e.g. looking at existing PBS for Recover, etc).

5) I don't think "Torch Song" needs its own move function, since the interaction with Throat Spray applies to all Sound based moves anyway, and it has the Sound flag applied in PBS to enable this. I think its PBS function just needs to be "RaiseUserSpAtk1". Please correct me if there's an additional reason for this function that I'm missing.

6) Raging Bull appears to be missing the type-altering function. I've written a function that seems to correctly use the move's entire effect if you want to use it:

Raging Bull function code:
#===============================================================================
# Type depends on the user's form. (Raging Bull)
#===============================================================================
class Battle::Move::TypeDependsOnUserForm < Battle::Move::RemoveScreens
  def pbBaseType(user)
    ret = :NORMAL
    if user.species == :TAUROS
      ret = :FIGHTING if user.form == 1
      ret = :FIRE if user.form == 2
      ret = :WATER if user.form == 3
    end
    return ret
  end
end

The form numbers / types listed above should align with your existing PBS without needing any edits to it. It appears as a Normal move in the battle screen regardless of what form Tauros is, but this is also how Revelation Dance and Judgment work for Oricorio and Arceus's similar moves.

7) I think Made it Rain might be better if you code it like this:
Make it Rain:
# Scatters coins that the player picks up after winning the battle.
# Lowers the user's Special Attack by 1 stage.
# (Make It Rain)
class Battle::Move::AddMoneyGainedFromBattleLowerUserSpAtk1 < Battle::Move::LowerUserSpAtk1
  def pbEffectGeneral(user)
    if user.pbOwnedByPlayer?
      @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::PayDay] += 5 * user.level
    end
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Coins were scattered everywhere!"))
  end
end

I was mostly just concerned because despite the "super" it won't be inheriting anything from "StatDownMove" since the superclass is the one for Pay Day and not the one for lowering stats or lowering the user's Sp.Atk. In this version I made "LowerUserSpAtk1" the superclass instead and copied the small function from "AddMoneyGainedFromBattle" since it was the less complex move function without a superclass of its own.

Last edited:

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Some stuff I spotted as I was looking through the files:

1) I think the "Doodle" move function code is still just a copy of "Role Play", I don't see where it's affecting the user's ally in a double battle.

2) The PBS for "Jet Punch" is missing the CanProtect and CanMirrorMove flags. "Aqua Step" and "Axe Kick" are missing the Contact flag.

3) Is Revival Blessing considered a healing move (i.e. for the effects of Triage or Heal Block)? If it is then that function def is missing in the move function code for it, but if it isn't then ignore me. I'm aware this may be hard to determine since Heal Block isn't in Gen XIII or Gen IX and the only thing with Triage is Comfey. Not sure if there are any other interactions that could determine this.

4) I think anything in the PBS with "Accuracy = 101" should be "Accuracy = 0" if the intended effect is that it skips accuracy checks (e.g. looking at existing PBS for Recover, etc).

5) I don't think "Torch Song" needs its own move function, since the interaction with Throat Spray applies to all Sound based moves anyway, and it has the Sound flag applied in PBS to enable this. I think its PBS function just needs to be "RaiseUserSpAtk1". Please correct me if there's an additional reason for this function that I'm missing.
1. Yeah, it's a copy of Role Play, but there is a loop of battlers in pbEffectAgainstTarget using allSameSideBattlers
2. I think I missed that
3. The problem is Heal block is listed as unuseable move in Pokémon S/V...
4. Also missed that too
5. When I read this from Bulbapedia :
"If the user is holding a Throat Spray, the item will be consumed and the user's Special Attack stat will raise by one stage."
I thought it overrode the Torch Song effect, hahaha...

CornParade0669

Novice
1. Yeah, it's a copy of Role Play, but there is a loop of battlers in pbEffectAgainstTarget using allSameSideBattlers
2. I think I missed that
3. The problem is Heal block is listed as unuseable move in Pokémon S/V...
4. Also missed that too
5. When I read this from Bulbapedia :
"If the user is holding a Throat Spray, the item will be consumed and the user's Special Attack stat will raise by one stage."
I thought it overrode the Torch Song effect, hahaha...
1. Missed that, thanks. No further issue with this, then.

2. Solved

3. Yeah, this is more of a me issue than an issue with the code, just thinking if anyone wanted to use it with custom Pokemon or wanted to keep moves missing from past gens then it might matter. But there's no way of really knowing, so it can be ignored unless there's more info in the original code or something.

4. Solved

5. It lists that effect for Throat Spray on all Sound moves as far as I'm aware so it's universal, you can

I added a point 6 and 7 to the original comment with some function code for Raging Bull and a rewritten Make it Rain if you want to look that over and use any of it. Apologies if I was editing while you were replying and it was missed.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
1. Missed that, thanks. No further issue with this, then.

2. Solved

3. Yeah, this is more of a me issue than an issue with the code, just thinking if anyone wanted to use it with custom Pokemon or wanted to keep moves missing from past gens then it might matter. But there's no way of really knowing, so it can be ignored unless there's more info in the original code or something.

4. Solved

5. It lists that effect for Throat Spray on all Sound moves as far as I'm aware so it's universal, you can

I added a point 6 and 7 to the original comment with some function code for Raging Bull and a rewritten Make it Rain if you want to look that over and use any of it. Apologies if I was editing while you were replying and it was missed.
3. But make it as a healing move is not a bad idea either
5. Change the function code to RaiseUserSpAtk1
6. I missed that too, gonna include this with some edit
7. I need to check it again for the Make It Rain

CornParade0669

Novice
Minor thing, I don't think Comeuppance needs its own move function. It looks like a clone of Metal Burst. Also, there's a small typo in the move PBS where Rage Fist's flags say "PunchingH" instead of "Punching".

Last edited:

Estnagor

Rookie
Hi! I am getting this error.
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/Plugins/ZUD/power_moves.txt, line 7
MaxMove = MAXSTRIKE

Backtrace:
380:Compiler:345:in `checkEnumField'
380:Compiler:320:in `csvEnumField!'
380:Compiler:523:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetCsvRecord'
380:Compiler:415:in `each'
380:Compiler:415:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
380:Compiler:413:in `loop'
380:Compiler:413:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
[ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:337:in `block in compile_power_moves'
380:Compiler:242:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
380:Compiler:234:in `each_line'

Hi! I am getting this error.
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/Plugins/ZUD/power_moves.txt, line 7
MaxMove = MAXSTRIKE

Backtrace:
380:Compiler:345:in `checkEnumField'
380:Compiler:320:in `csvEnumField!'
380:Compiler:523:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetCsvRecord'
380:Compiler:415:in `each'
380:Compiler:415:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
380:Compiler:413:in `loop'
380:Compiler:413:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
[ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:337:in `block in compile_power_moves'
380:Compiler:242:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
380:Compiler:234:in `each_line'
Your error is from the ZUD Plugin, not this resource. (If you just replaced the ZUD PBS with the PBS from this resource, that'll be your issue - you have to combine them)

alcor

Rookie
I have encountered a problem with the move Defog, and I found the reason being the part of code in Quark Drive, the variable "allBattlers" is undefined. So I added @battle. in front of it and it seemed to fix it.

Ruby:
# Update for Quark Drive
# Decreases the target's evasion by 1 stage. Ends all barriers and entry
# hazards for the target's side OR on both sides. (Defog)
class Battle::Move::LowerTargetEvasion1RemoveSideEffects < Battle::Move::TargetStatDownMove
  alias quarkdrive_pbEffectAgainstTarget pbEffectAgainstTarget
  def pbEffectAgainstTarget(user, target)
    quarkdrive_pbEffectAgainstTarget(user, target)
    @battle.allBattlers.each { |battler| battler.pbAbilityOnTerrainChange }
  end
end

DiabeticKingBoo

Rookie
this error keeps popping up and I have no idea what to do about it

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-04 154044.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-04 154044.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 123

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I have encountered a problem with the move Defog, and I found the reason being the part of code in Quark Drive, the variable "allBattlers" is undefined. So I added @battle. in front of it and it seemed to fix it.

Ruby:
# Update for Quark Drive
# Decreases the target's evasion by 1 stage. Ends all barriers and entry
# hazards for the target's side OR on both sides. (Defog)
class Battle::Move::LowerTargetEvasion1RemoveSideEffects < Battle::Move::TargetStatDownMove
  alias quarkdrive_pbEffectAgainstTarget pbEffectAgainstTarget
  def pbEffectAgainstTarget(user, target)
    quarkdrive_pbEffectAgainstTarget(user, target)
    @battle.allBattlers.each { |battler| battler.pbAbilityOnTerrainChange }
  end
end
Thanks, I will check it
Awesome pack, and was a good amount of completeness even few days after the game release.

Base Exp is missing. A list with gen 9 base exp.

Do you have plans to add it into base Essentials? I can guide you to do a pull request at Essentials project if you want.
Thanks for the Base Exp FL
Yeah I have, but maybe next time, at least until I clean up some of the small errors
this error keeps popping up and I have no idea what to do about it
Have you added a new evolution method to the vanilla script? If so, I think you should check that method

DiabeticKingBoo

Rookie
Thanks, I will check it

Thanks for the Base Exp FL
Yeah I have, but maybe next time, at least until I clean up some of the small errors

Have you added a new evolution method to the vanilla script? If so, I think you should check that method
I did something but then this happened (I apologize for asking a lot of questions I have no idea how to do some of this stuff)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-05 213808.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 213808.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 95

DJChaos

Rookie
Not sure if this is something you still need, but I've converted the entire TM list from SV into PBS format if you want to include it. As far as I've been able to test, everything should be compatible.

Attachments

• TMs_Gen_IX.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 143

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Not sure if this is something you still need, but I've converted the entire TM list from SV into PBS format if you want to include it. As far as I've been able to test, everything should be compatible.
Thanks, I will check it

Btw, I updated the resource page and added the sprite list for the next update.

Back