• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Relic Castle Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time really seemed to fly, but this week marks the birth week of Relic Castle, more specifically the 7 year anniversary of our website and community!

The past year has been nothing not fun with all the events we've hosted that you've participated in, and we've had plenty of good times in the Discord Server. The site has also had an absolutely record-breaking year - we've never had as many registrations, active users, or threads made as we did the past year: we've passed 8000 registered members now, that's up a whopping 60% from last year! In fact, we’ve had to upgrade our server as it was overloaded just yesterday!

But the numbers don't make this community as amazing as it is - you do that. That's why today, everyone who shares the memories they've made and the experiences they've had within the Relic Castle community will be handed out a very exclusive
19_1487893670l.jpg
Celebrations Badge! Just leave a comment on this thread reminiscing on your past at Relic Castle, even if you're still new; we want to hear everyone's stories!

Thank you for making Relic Castle what it is, and we'll see you again very soon!

Ned

[Enter Custom Title Here]
Happy 7 years RC!! I joined Relic Castle way back when, I couldn't even tell you how long ago it was, all I remember was hearing about a forum for fangames on YouTube somewhere and I immediately joined and started looking around, seeing all the amazing games that other people were making, and all the resources and amazing people that were here gave me lots of inspiration to make my own games. I remember when the reboot happened, and I remember doing everything I could to be one of the first to rejoin the forums after the reboot was completed lol. I've met some pretty great people here, and have made quite a few friends here too, even making my own games, even if they both took Game Jams to actually motivate me enough to do something. Relic Castle is a great place, and I can't wait for many more events, and to meet even more people in hopefully another 7 great years.

LJ_Ele118

LJ
I worked with Otter on the first Winter Jam to make the music for White Rose, and it's the first game ever released that has my music in it. That's pretty cool.
A lot's changed for me over the years but it's great to still be in this community to encourage myself to engage with my passion and be inspired by so many other great creators around me.

Blinci

Togekiss <3
Happy 7 years Relic Castle! While unable to publish any projects yet, there is so much to do with such as welcoming community with inspiration, chatting and fun times being plentiful. I encourage anyone new to not be shy to chat, learn and ask questions as it's apart of the learning experience! So many great creators out there. Looking forward to the years to come!

Quinn

Estrogen Idiot
I’ve only been part of this community for just over 500 days but in this time I’ve met some of the most friendly, smart and epic people. This server and website has a amazing and welcoming community. I joined this server while stuck at home during Covid just so I had something to do but instead I have had one of the best years of my life, I’ve learnt about myself and others and had a lot of fun can’t wait for another year of me constantly being impressed by all of this communities talent. UBM

Saucecoie

Lost in the Sauce
Expo Team
Wow, 7 years, now that's crazy! I joined around 2017, and I can confidently say that as much as back then, I keep being empowered by all of the wonderful, passionate devs and their labors of love. I'm a person who lacks motivation, but this community keeps getting me back on my feet with all of the amazing talent, determination, and encouragement that keeps on going all year long. What a hustle! It's truly an amazing feat to have built such a welcoming place, one that feels like home, and one that's hard to move on from even if you grow out of Pokemon fangames! Here's to hopefully another 7, and perhaps within those years I will finally achieve my goals and release my dream project!

NocTurn

Hoothoot enthusiast
I remember when I first joined Relic Castle- I was a new dev just looking for help with my game, and so I jumped in the server looking for a recruiting channel since I expected one like Thundaga's. I ended up not finding one and continued to lurk aimlessly in the server. Eventually I would start posting small progress updates in the various channels, discussing my game as well as other's.

I released a small demo of another game later, it got small success, and I made some great friends in the community. I kept developing, kept chasing my goals, and Relic Castle was the community that was always the most helpful and supportive. Always welcoming to provide great creative feedback. Eventually I released a full demo that I was proud of, and thanks to being able to post it on Relic Castle, my small amateur project reached hundreds of people! About 1,700 to date. And now, I am one of those same people I mentioned before, providing feedback and creative critique to the wonderful new developers in Relic Castle. That's not even to mention the Game Jams that I've participated in, about 2 at this point with one more upcoming, along with Team Mapper and other community events.

Even if I'm not developing actively on my main project anymore, Relic Castle will still remain an open and welcoming community to me filled to the brim with people I'd call my friends. And I will continue to be here with Relic Castle until the day it implodes, offering my unconditional support. Keep doing what you're doing, guys <3

Rashi

The Bird Keeper
I have been here for 2 years but I haven't been much active because of my social skills, and didn't even visited this site this year. But despite that, it was still fun.

I got a lot of amazing games to play in especially from jams. Without being here, I would never got them. It was the first place where I participated in a collaborative event (team mapping 1). For discord, I have been able to show my maps I made for fun.

Also, happy lucky number 7 years of birthday RelicCastle, hope it will be better year than before as the number!

Sailorxraven

I exist!
Happy anniversary! I've had lots of fun participating in some of the events. I'm still pretty new, having joined during the 7th game jam, I've gotten the chance to meet some pretty cool people and play some pretty cool games. The team mappers were especially fun.

Napkat

Fresh
Happy 7 years Relic Castle!! (can't believe it's that old). I joined this community around a year ago and i have to say, i'm glad because lots of inspiration and experience i gained come from this community and i have met amazing people with talented skills. Even though I have a problem with my social skills but the people in this community are very supportive and kind which is nice. Really happy of what you're doing RC! And I'm excited for future events from this!!
Final words : Thank you Relic Castle! You're Awesome!!

Samdeman123124

Novice
Happy Birthday, Relic Castle! With the 7th anniversary of Relic Castle, my personal 1st anniversary at Relic Castle is fast approaching. Relic Castle has been so influential when it comes to me as a fan game dev, and honestly, me as a person. I can't imagine where I'd be without Relic Castle, and everything about Relic Castle has been super fun! From Game Jam 7 to Team Mapper, I've loved interacting with every one of you through these events, and getting to know you guys on Discord has been so great! I look forward to what's to come in the future!

Happy Birthday to this amazing community, Relic Castle!
Time really does fly. This past year I've reached quite a few milestones, and I couldn't be happier. Made my first jam game, Pokémon Villain Jam, which I'm very proud of and won a community spotlight. Both jams were super fun and I always love seeing what everyone comes up with!
In this last year I've also joined the staff team, full of other very kind and talented people, and the ride couldn't have been better!
Even though covid is still a very big part of our world, I can always look to Relic Castle and everyone in this amazing community and find some comfort, which is something I'm very, very grateful for.
Thank you for everything, everyone!

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
Happy 7th birthday Relic Castle! I've been here for almost 5 of those years, I've had many projects come and go, but it was here I managed to release my first game in the 2020 summer Game Jam. I've had a real blast following all the events here, and chatting to you all on the Discord server. Relic Castle is a place that has truly helped me pursue my passion for game dev and introduced me to many wonderful people, some of which I don't know where I'd be without.

Thank you everybody! Here's to many more years!

omega

The Pilkining is Soon. . .
Being in RC has taught me a lot about game development and personal development. I’ve grown a lot over the past 5 years or so with everyone I’ve met and interacted with. I’m glad it’s still going strong and I hope we can continue for even longer and bring happiness and inspiration to new developers just like I was back in the day. Happy birthday Relic Castle!

Chase

Spriter/Writer -- Eevee Expo Host
Expo Team
Back when I first joined the Fangame Community I wanna say 4-5 years ago, I feel like I was a completely different person. But over the years I've met some incredible friends and developers, thanks to Relic Castle. Every year this community manages to impress me even more than the last, and I'm excited to see what 2022 has in store for us.

Here's to 7 more years of Relic!

AAPoke

Musician
Happy birthday, Relic Castel. I have not stayed many years in RC but I got a lot of ideas for fan games. And even I learnt to develop a fan game (not too much). I want to stay in RC as long as possible, it will help me a lot thank you, Relic Castel. Wishing again happy birthday Relic Castel.

Taq

Sandwich Master
Man I haven't talked in here forever. I think my fondest memory was just interacting with others in a respectful manner about the world and stuff like that when talking about Sun and Moon. I think it resonated with me because I really like culture stuff so it was nice to discuss in a calm way with a familiar piece of material.

I think another are the jams. Admittedly I never felt like I did enough or was good enough but I enjoyed seeing the new projects come out and everyone giving their all. They were really fun!

RC has allowed me to share my love and passion for making games. I can be very grateful for the amazing support and opportunities this community has given me as both a developer and a part of this community.
I met lots of cool people through RC and they're straight up the chillest people Ive met (except for @ENLS he's kinda weird ngl)

I got to create games, learn how to program and how to release games thanks to the game jams and even got to affect the rules of the jams (still not sorry). I will say it again, I am very grateful for this community. Thanks Relic Castle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back