• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Mineral

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
I just finished playing thru the Lilligant section, and I realize there's a whole heck of a lot of game left (but I'm trying to play a lot of these with little time, so I'm gonna review based on what I've seen):

So, below the spoiler tag, my review:
First, I'm floored by the size and scope of this game. It quickly became clear to me that you absolutely mapped out the overwhelming majority of Sinnoh for this experience, and I was really impressed by that! I had so much fun running through Sinnoh in the bits where we got to run free and battle the trainers and run into the wild Pokemon.

I thought building a game around the mining minigame was very interesting too. I was always excited to see a new fossil or plate when I dug it up.

I like how you brought in the Hisuian stuff to the Sinnoh present, and how things unfolded. What bugged me during my playthrough was how long I had to wait between the interesting story beats. Between the 5 mining operations and the wild pokemon that kept appearing walking to each one, I found myself getting frustrated. It was funny for a while but then became annoying how at the end of each "day" Roark would ask if the team found anything and they would keep saying "Same old boring stuff" day after day. I was hoping at least the mining items would get more interesting as time went on...I ended up ignoring things like shards and light clay when I realized there wasn't much point to digging it up.

I really am interested to see where the story goes, especially since you have all these iconic characters in a sandbox (Riley, Team Galactic, Prof Rowan, etc.) doing interesting things with a new tale. It seems like you have the story spanning the full region too, which is also very cool. I just wish that the progress wasn't gated behind slow progression that often didn't give much instruction beyond "just do the same thing for this day, maybe the next day will have something cool".

Still, I did have fun, and this jam entry surprised and delighted me in ways I didn't expect. Congrats on making a game with this big of a scope! I can't imagine it was easy.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I can't figure out where hisusian electrode went. Where did it go?
Instead of chasing electrode, you actually find torrant in several places until the last area, then it is electrode. I don't know how much you've found him so I'll just list all the places.
1. Outside Stark Mountian by the lava
2. The island in the center of Route 230
3. The east exit of Celestic Town
4. Between the bridges on Route 209
5. In the middle of all the bridges on Route 208
6. In Mt. Coronet by the Route 208 entrance
7. The raised part of Route 207 reached from Mt. Coronet.

Tanis41493

Novice
Hey, I found a softlock and a potential bug. The bug is that when trying to use the stairs in the Pokecenter (I've only been able to test in Oreburg, if I get to other Pokecenters I'll report if it's the same) they don't go anywhere. The softlock is trying to go left past the bridge pictured below on Route 215

EDIT: Did a bit of testing, the bridge barrier only kicks in after moving more to the east and then going back

Last edited:

TRex

Rookie
Hey i was wondering that if this game has gen 8 pokemons?
pls reply

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Hey, I found a softlock and a potential bug. The bug is that when trying to use the stairs in the Pokecenter (I've only been able to test in Oreburg, if I get to other Pokecenters I'll report if it's the same) they don't go anywhere. The softlock is trying to go left past the bridge pictured below on Route 215

EDIT: Did a bit of testing, the bridge barrier only kicks in after moving more to the east and then going back

the bridges are fixed but you might have to go further into the route to leave it the fix did make a part of the bridge unavoidably go over you sometimes though.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
golbat's sprite doesn't appear in battle and one of the items on the route north of Jubilife City crashes the game if you try to pick it up

aside from those two bugs that I've been very much enjoying the game
the item shouldn't crash the game anymore and I'm not sure how to fix golbat yet

yeet_em

Rookie
on route 203 right outside the cave you exit to get there the pokeball crashes the game
uc6mbSN.png

M.T.Pockets

Novice
After standing by and watching Neptune catch the regis and regigigas I wasn't sure where to go. I decided to try Stark Mountain. I saw the other miners lined up, thought I was in the right place and saved. Turns out that's not the right spot and now I can't leave. Any event meant to transfer me when I walk to the door doesn't seem to be working.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
After standing by and watching Neptune catch the regis and regigigas I wasn't sure where to go. I decided to try Stark Mountain. I saw the other miners lined up, thought I was in the right place and saved. Turns out that's not the right spot and now I can't leave. Any event meant to transfer me when I walk to the door doesn't seem to be working.
you can leave there now

Mirroon

Rookie
On Route 210 I can't seem to cross the bridge back to Celestic Town.

RRanom

Rookie
HI, i've been enjoying the game, but I've softlocked myself. When I went the survival area, I fainted and saved like an idiot, and now im stuck in the oreburgh area. Any advice for getting unstuck?

(also the ledge to the left of stark mountain entrance's fathest most tile makes you moonwalk therough the scenery, a pokeball by the cycling road makes you crash, and so do the berrys east of canalave city)

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
HI, i've been enjoying the game, but I've softlocked myself. When I went the survival area, I fainted and saved like an idiot, and now im stuck in the oreburgh area. Any advice for getting unstuck?

(also the ledge to the left of stark mountain entrance's fathest most tile makes you moonwalk therough the scenery, a pokeball by the cycling road makes you crash, and so do the berrys east of canalave city)
If you have strength and rock smash, you could travel all the way back to Snowpoint City from the Oreburgh Gate or the other side of Sinnoh if you have a bike and can go up Route 207 and the sailor in Snowpoint City will take you back to the Fight Area where you can then reach the Survival Area again.

RRanom

Rookie
Thanks, it works, but theres a grunt in the way and I have to fight the guy in the regice room to progress, but theres no dawn sprite. Beat the fight, my machop has -3k exp to next level. Was there supposed to be a fight in the regirock room? Made it to stark mountian, no mining spots. guess that sequence broke too much

Back