• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.1.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] - Fully implements the Terastallization mechanics from Scarlet & Violet into Essentials!

Terastallization for v21.1
Fully implements the Terastallization mechanics from Scarlet & Violet into Essentials!
3ohTdRC.gif
2WUm1sp.gif

Overview
This plugin adds the Terastallization mechanic introduced in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet to your game. All mechanics have been replicated here, including support for unique Terastal forms introduced...

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't know if it's just me, and I haven't touched anything if you ask me. but sometimes the UI gets out of place.

View attachment 25565
Well, you have a custom battle UI, so its hard to say if that's affecting anything. Also, if you have any custom types (or removed any existing types) or havent properly compiled the game so that the Stellar type is added to your data, that could be affecting this as well.

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Well, you have a custom battle UI, so its hard to say if that's affecting anything. Also, if you have any custom types (or removed any existing types) or havent properly compiled the game so that the Stellar type is added to your data, that could be affecting this as well.
The only different type I have is the shadow, although it is marked as type number 20.

Lucidious89

Champion
The only different type I have is the shadow, although it is marked as type number 20.
Yeah, that would do it, then. Each type needs to have its Tera button, even if it's impossible to Terastallize into that type. Otherwise the entire count is thrown off. So you just need to add your own button for Shadow to the list of Tera buttons, even if it's just blank. This is why there's a Tera button for the ??? type, even though it's impossible to Terastallize into the ??? type.

Last edited:

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I can vow that's the issue at had you need to edit your graphic files as that will glitch it out. I had a similar issue back in v20.1 that is what resolved it to make sure each type had their appropriate position on the graphic even ones that were IsPseudoType make sure to have Steller in position 19 (after fairy).

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
I can vow that's the issue at had you need to edit your graphic files as that will glitch it out. I had a similar issue back in v20.1 that is what resolved it to make sure each type had their appropriate position on the graphic even ones that were IsPseudoType make sure to have Steller in position 19 (after fairy).
steallar type is the 19th type in the PBS, as i have said

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 Update

• Tweaked various areas of the script to ensure that the Shadow-type or other pseudo-types cannot be given as Tera types.
  • Added :Random be recognized as a valid type, allowing you to set a random Tera type on a Pokemon.
  • You may now give a species the TeraType_Random flag for that species to always generate with a random Tera type.
  • Added a new switch toggle to allow all Pokemon generated to spawn with a randomized Tera type.
More information related to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion
steallar type is the 19th type in the PBS, as i have said
I've updated the guide to now address this and walk people through how to make this plugin compatible in games that have custom types.

Jangajinx

I've updated the guide to now address this and walk people through how to make this plugin compatible in games that have custom types.
A good plan of action for future users of the plugin. Better here than in the discussion forums for the v20.1 version.

Jangajinx

I am having two weird bugs with the Terastallization plugin not sure what is causing it as I get no error log. I check the GitBook, but could not find anything regarding this unless I missed this.

From what I noticed is that when ever I Terastallize a Pokémon during a battle they will remain in their Terastallized form along with their overlay after that battle (This is fixable through the debug options).

The other odd bug that goes along with the first one is that whenever two or more Pokémon are affected by the first mentioned bug is that every Pokémon share the same Terastallized type overlay as the first selected pokemon in the summery screen as you scroll through the other Pokémon in the summery screen. It seems to not affect the actual Terastallized typing or battle mechanics and is resolve when refreshing the summery screen. This one is not as game breaking as the first bug.

If you need it I can send you my plugin list, I also have added my own crystal pattern overlay for custom types. Thanks for any help. 😁

Lucidious89

Champion
I am having two weird bugs with the Terastallization plugin not sure what is causing it as I get no error log. I check the GitBook, but could not find anything regarding this unless I missed this.

From what I noticed is that when ever I Terastallize a Pokémon during a battle they will remain in their Terastallized form along with their overlay after that battle (This is fixable through the debug options).

The other odd bug that goes along with the first one is that whenever two or more Pokémon are affected by the first mentioned bug is that every Pokémon share the same Terastallized type overlay as the first selected pokemon in the summery screen as you scroll through the other Pokémon in the summery screen. It seems to not affect the actual Terastallized typing or battle mechanics and is resolve when refreshing the summery screen. This one is not as game breaking as the first bug.

If you need it I can send you my plugin list, I also have added my own crystal pattern overlay for custom types. Thanks for any help. 😁
You definitely have some other plugin that is overwriting the code that resets Terastallization at the end of the battle.

Edit: Yeah, I double-checked this morning, and neither of these issues occur for me. You definitely have several plugin conflicts.

Last edited:

hoohohht

Rookie
Hello, I am having this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:487:in `dxSetTrainerWithItem'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:66:in `createProcesses'
Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:46:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:236:in `new'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:236:in `pbShowTerastallize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:207:in `pbAnimateTerastallization'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:170:in `pbTerastallize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:83:in `block in pbAttackPhaseSpecialActions3'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:79:in `each'

The problem only happens when "SHOW_TERA_ANIM = true" and it's only when the opponent Terastallizes, not the player (me).
It doesn't happen when it's set to "false".

After the error, the screen becomes likes this:

1706564079378.png

Thank you for all the hard work!

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, I am having this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:487:in `dxSetTrainerWithItem'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:66:in `createProcesses'
Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:46:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:236:in `new'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [011] Animations.rb:236:in `pbShowTerastallize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:207:in `pbAnimateTerastallization'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:170:in `pbTerastallize'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:83:in `block in pbAttackPhaseSpecialActions3'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [006] Battle.rb:79:in `each'

The problem only happens when "SHOW_TERA_ANIM = true" and it's only when the opponent Terastallizes, not the player (me).
It doesn't happen when it's set to "false".

After the error, the screen becomes likes this:

View attachment 25621

Thank you for all the hard work!
You dont have a sprite for the opposing trainer.

Zizzle

Novice
I think? I have an issue.
I made a debug trainer that just gives you the TERAORB. I set the recharge thing to be always charged, but in battle the tera-button is greyed out and I am unable to select or press it no matter what key I press. I only have This, DBK, G9Pack and a few graphics-only plugins which I checked were not the cause of the issue. Latest version for everything. Is it because my torchic only has 3 moves?

Lucidious89

Champion
I think? I have an issue.
I made a debug trainer that just gives you the TERAORB. I set the recharge thing to be always charged, but in battle the tera-button is greyed out and I am unable to select or press it no matter what key I press. I only have This, DBK, G9Pack and a few graphics-only plugins which I checked were not the cause of the issue. Latest version for everything. Is it because my torchic only has 3 moves?
What do you mean the Tera button is "grayed out"? If it displays at all, it means its working. What exactly happens when your press the ACTION key (usually Shift or Z) and then select a move?

The number of moves a Pokemon has is irrelevant, but you could just try it with 4 moves to make sure.

Zizzle

Novice
I figured out the issue, turns out for some reason my Action key was reconfigured to nothing??? I think I must have done something wrong when playtesting or something, fixed it though!

technictyler10

Rookie
Hi, uber dumb question, but why can't Mega Pokémon terastalize? I'd assume some coding conflictions, or maybe just because there's no megas in gen 9. I think it'd be cool if they could, or at least have the option to either mega or tera. Anyway, this is an awesome plugin

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, uber dumb question, but why can't Mega Pokémon terastalize? I'd assume some coding conflictions, or maybe just because there's no megas in gen 9. I think it'd be cool if they could, or at least have the option to either mega or tera. Anyway, this is an awesome plugin
Because it's a nightmare to code having access to multiple gimmicks at once. Also I just don't personally like the idea, because mixing gimmicks that were never meant to interact makes things messy and convoluted. I think it makes everything much neater and streamlined to have each mechanic completely isolated from one another.

Also, this is consistent with how the core series would presumably do it. For example, in Gen 6, Rayquaza could technically have access to both Z-Moves and Mega Evolution at the same time. But you weren't given the option to choose which mechanic you wanted, Z-Moves just always took priority over Mega Evolution if both were available. So I just followed that logic with all of these battle mechanics to what I would assume Game Freak would have done.

Back