• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.1.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Sorry if this is asking for too much but can the Tera hats be implemented in any way
If you wanna make the sprites for all 19 Tera hats that look good and can be appropriately scaled to fit on the heads of all 1,500+ Pokemon sprites and then come up with all of the metrics for every species + hat combo so that they appropriately sit on the head of every sprite, then sure, I'll include it. But I'm not spending the next 3 years of my life doing that by myself lol.

AshTanvir1025

Rookie
T
If you wanna make the sprites for all 19 Tera hats that look good and can be appropriately scaled to fit on the heads of all 1,500+ Pokemon sprites and then come up with all of the metrics for every species + hat combo so that they appropriately sit on the head of every sprite, then sure, I'll include it. But I'm not spending the next 3 years of my life doing that by myself
Thought so lol, anyways thanks for your hard work

Scriptnoob31

Rookie
This plugin and the dynamax one are absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for making them so stable.
I do have an annoying question...
I would like Teras to work on only 10 specific Pokemon [easily done by flagging all the rest]
I would also like separate Tera Orbs to work on separate specific sets of Pokemon [I don´t know how to get this to work, as currently any "TeraOrb" flagged item will Tera any available Pokemon]
Example: "Old Tera Orb" only transforms Bulbasaur, Charmander -- "Good Tera Orb" only transforms Ivysaur, Charmeleon -- and so on and so forth

Is this achievable? If so, is it also achievable with the Dynamax plugin? It seems to me that I´m just not so experienced to see a very easy way to make it work...
P.S. I do hope I´m posting this in the right place, sorry if not...first time posting 😬

Lucidious89

Champion
This plugin and the dynamax one are absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for making them so stable.
I do have an annoying question...
I would like Teras to work on only 10 specific Pokemon [easily done by flagging all the rest]
I would also like separate Tera Orbs to work on separate specific sets of Pokemon [I don´t know how to get this to work, as currently any "TeraOrb" flagged item will Tera any available Pokemon]
Example: "Old Tera Orb" only transforms Bulbasaur, Charmander -- "Good Tera Orb" only transforms Ivysaur, Charmeleon -- and so on and so forth

Is this achievable? If so, is it also achievable with the Dynamax plugin? It seems to me that I´m just not so experienced to see a very easy way to make it work...
P.S. I do hope I´m posting this in the right place, sorry if not...first time posting 😬
I mean yeah, anything is achievable. It's just a matter of coding it. It just sounds like it's a matter of editing pbCanTerastallize? to return false if the you don't have the desired species + item combo.

Scriptnoob31

Rookie
I mean yeah, anything is achievable. It's just a matter of coding it. It just sounds like it's a matter of editing pbCanTerastallize? to return false if the you don't have the desired species + item combo.
Thank you for the answer. I just spent hours wrapping my head around it, though, because, yeah... suuuper noob at coding. But let´s see if I kind of get what you mean: Modify the Battle.rb eligibilty check section "pbCanTerastallize" by adding a line for every specific combo? I don´t even know how to build that line of code, but maybe I could ask around lol
On a side question I see a "return false if pokemon eligible to Mega, Primal, z-move, etc. Does this mean that we don´t get a choice of which to pick mid-fight? Or does it only mean that you can´t terastalize a pokemon that is already otherwise transformed?
I really hope it´s only the latter...

Lucidious89

Champion
Thank you for the answer. I just spent hours wrapping my head around it, though, because, yeah... suuuper noob at coding. But let´s see if I kind of get what you mean: Modify the Battle.rb eligibilty check section "pbCanTerastallize" by adding a line for every specific combo? I don´t even know how to build that line of code, but maybe I could ask around lol
On a side question I see a "return false if pokemon eligible to Mega, Primal, z-move, etc. Does this mean that we don´t get a choice of which to pick mid-fight? Or does it only mean that you can´t terastalize a pokemon that is already otherwise transformed?
I really hope it´s only the latter...
Eligibility is determined based on a priority system.

Primal Reversion > Ultra Burst > Z-Move > Mega Evolution > Dynamax > Terastallization

If a Pokemon is holding an item that allows it to Primal Revert, it can only Primal Revert. If a Pokemon is holding a Z-Crystal, it can only use Z-Moves. If it's holding a Mega Stone, it can only use Mega Evolution. If you are on a Dynamax-eligible map and the Pokemon is capable of Dynamaxing, you can only use Dynamax. Otherwise, you can only Terastallize (assuming your Tera Orb is charged).

The one exception is Ultra Burst, since Ultra Burst typically uses Z-Crystals for its mechanic, too. So if holding Ultra Necrozium Z, Necrozma can Ultra Burst (and ONLY Ultra Burst), but once Ultra Burst is complete it can also use Z-Moves. But the same priority rules apply after that.

Scriptnoob31

Rookie
Eligibility is determined based on a priority system.

Primal Reversion > Ultra Burst > Z-Move > Mega Evolution > Dynamax > Terastallization

If a Pokemon is holding an item that allows it to Primal Revert, it can only Primal Revert. If a Pokemon is holding a Z-Crystal, it can only use Z-Moves. If it's holding a Mega Stone, it can only use Mega Evolution. If you are on a Dynamax-eligible map and the Pokemon is capable of Dynamaxing, you can only use Dynamax. Otherwise, you can only Terastallize (assuming your Tera Orb is charged).

The one exception is Ultra Burst, since Ultra Burst typically uses Z-Crystals for its mechanic, too. So if holding Ultra Necrozium Z, Necrozma can Ultra Burst (and ONLY Ultra Burst), but once Ultra Burst is complete it can also use Z-Moves. But the same priority rules apply after that.
Yikes.. I fear it won´t be possible for me to make my game how I had envisioned it, unless all different transformations stick to the same animation. I guess that´s alright, but I really wish allowing in-battle decisions wasn´t that big a taboo... and freedom from megastones and such from taking an item slot.
Thanks anyways!

Lucidious89

Champion
Yikes.. I fear it won´t be possible for me to make my game how I had envisioned it, unless all different transformations stick to the same animation. I guess that´s alright, but I really wish allowing in-battle decisions wasn´t that big a taboo... and freedom from megastones and such from taking an item slot.
Thanks anyways!
It's more an issue of there only being a single "button" slot in the UI code. Like you can't have a button for Megas, Z-Moves, etc all displaying on screen at the same time, because they all share the same button. The only difference is that the graphic is swapped out to reflect different mechanics. If I didn't implement these mechanics in the priority system I outlined above, all the mechanics would trigger at once every time you clicked the button. So it would be impossible to "only" Mega Evolve for example, because whenever a Pokemon Mega Evolves it will also simultaneously Dynamax and Terastalize. Which is an absolute mess that would most likely break the game.

Adding additional buttons to have multiple mechanics available at once is an enormous task that isn't worth the effort. Especially because I don't like the idea to begin with. It's messy and convoluted and absolutely impossible to balance.

Scriptnoob31

Rookie
It's more an issue of there only being a single "button" slot in the UI code. Like you can't have a button for Megas, Z-Moves, etc all displaying on screen at the same time, because they all share the same button. The only difference is that the graphic is swapped out to reflect different mechanics. If I didn't implement these mechanics in the priority system I outlined above, all the mechanics would trigger at once every time you clicked the button. So it would be impossible to "only" Mega Evolve for example, because whenever a Pokemon Mega Evolves it will also simultaneously Dynamax and Terastalize. Which is an absolute mess that would most likely break the game.

Adding additional buttons to have multiple mechanics available at once is an enormous task that isn't worth the effort. Especially because I don't like the idea to begin with. It's messy and convoluted and absolutely impossible to balance.
Oh, tbh I would be happy having the player open their key items bag pocket and having to use a specific item, removing the whole UI button issue. Other than that, only one would be allowed per fight anyways, which rids of the balancing issues

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh, tbh I would be happy having the player open their key items bag pocket and having to use a specific item, removing the whole UI button issue. Other than that, only one would be allowed per fight anyways, which rids of the balancing issues
Yeah then if you wanna revamp all of the mechanics to be done through the bag, then there would be no need for these limitations and you could do it how you wanted.

Actually reprogramming each mechanic to function through a bag item instead of an on-screen button, however, is its own nightmare.

Scriptnoob31

Rookie
Yeah then if you wanna revamp all of the mechanics to be done through the bag, then there would be no need for these limitations and you could do it how you wanted.

Actually reprogramming each mechanic to function through a bag item instead of an on-screen button, however, is its own nightmare.
I´m going to 1000% trust you on that..
I guess I could just settle for the same Tera animation for every option... Time for me to figure out how to create 20 different teras linked to 100 different Pokemon?

Lin996996

Rookie
how to force the enemy to terastallize when only have one able pokemon
beacuase i am battle with a trainer like
#-------------------------------
[POKEMANIAC4,Craig]
Items = TERAORB
LoseText = ...
Pokemon = VILEPLUME,5
Moves = GIGADRAIN,SLUDGEWAVE,SLEEPPOWDER,TERABLAST
Item = BLACKSLUDGE
Nature = BOLD
IV = 31,31,31,31,31,31
EV = 252,0,252,0,0,6
TeraType = FIRE
and i battle it with stellix, but the AI is not terastallize at all even i set the skill level to 1
[POKEMANIAC4]
Name = Poké Maniac
Gender = Male
BaseMoney = 64
SkillLevel = 1
and my terastallize is function well and i didnt set any rules to ban terastallize in the battle.

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
and my terastallize is function well and i didnt set any rules to ban terastallize in the battle.
Pro tip, you can edit your first post to make spelling corrections and add more info. It's better than making 4 separate posts within 10 minutes

Lucidious89

Champion
how to force the enemy to terastallize when only have one able pokemon
beacuase i am battle with a trainer like
[POKEMANIAC4,Craig]
Items = TERAORB
LoseText = ...
Pokemon = VILEPLUME,5
Moves = GIGADRAIN,SLUDGEWAVE,SLEEPPOWDER,TERABLAST
Item = BLACKSLUDGE
Nature = BOLD
IV = 31,31,31,31,31,31
EV = 252,0,252,0,0,6
TeraType = FIRE
and i battle it with stellix, but the AI is not terastallize at all even i set the skill level to 1
[POKEMANIAC4]
Name = Poké Maniac
Gender = Male
BaseMoney = 64
SkillLevel = 1
I bet you have Dynamax installed and you're battling this trainer on a Dynamax map.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back