• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.8

Lucidious89

Champion

Turdus_V

Rookie
So, question. I extracted the .rar into my game folder, everything merged correctly, and everything looks fine. The only thing is, whenever I compile the game, it loads the Hotfixes, the Deluxe Battle Kit, and the Gen 9 Pack, but not the Tera pack. When I go to test it out, the action button for the Tera doesn't appear, despite the fact I have a Tera Orb. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Lucidious89

Champion
So, question. I extracted the .rar into my game folder, everything merged correctly, and everything looks fine. The only thing is, whenever I compile the game, it loads the Hotfixes, the Deluxe Battle Kit, and the Gen 9 Pack, but not the Tera pack. When I go to test it out, the action button for the Tera doesn't appear, despite the fact I have a Tera Orb. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Are you sure youre recompiling? It just sounds like you need to refresh your plugin scripts.

Turdus_V

Rookie
Are you sure youre recompiling? It just sounds like you need to refresh your plugin scripts.
Yeah. I hold CTRL, the game compiles all the PBS data, and still nothing. Everyone else's seems to be working just fine, so I'm sure it's something on my end, I'm just not sure what exactly it would be.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah. I hold CTRL, the game compiles all the PBS data, and still nothing. Everyone else's seems to be working just fine, so I'm sure it's something on my end, I'm just not sure what exactly it would be.
Have you tried all of the typical plugin troubleshooting options? Holding Shift upon loading the game, deleting the PluginScripts data file, etc?

Turdus_V

Rookie
Have you tried all of the typical plugin troubleshooting options? Holding Shift upon loading the game, deleting the PluginScripts data file, etc?
I got it working. I screwed with the meta file a little bit and somehow that worked? I deleted one thing, broke it, put the thing back, and now everything's working properly. I guess my version had trouble recognizing it for some reason.

Lucidious89

Champion

4AllNighterGrinder64

4 Sleepless nights to update to Teal Mask Part 1
While assembling my project base build, I discovered a plugin conflict with this plugin and LinKazamine [20.1+] BP System 1.0.5.

When all the DBK plugins are installed and used alongside the BP System plugin. So that means using all the following before Lin’s BP System plugin is used:

Modular UI Scenes [v21.1] v2.0.4

Enhanced Pokemon UI [v21.1] v1.0.4

In-Depth Pokedex Data Page [v21.1] v1.0.5

Improved Field Skills - Use HM's Without Knowing the Move! [v21.1] v1.0.1

Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.0.5

Improved Mementos - Ribbons & Marks [v21.1] v1.0.2

Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.1

SOS Battles [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.2

Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.3

Z-Power [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.1

The BP System plugin itself seems to be causing a conflict with code that allows a Pokémon that uses the Terastallization mechanic to de-transform after the battle is over. Other mechanics such as Z-Moves and Mega Evolution work normally when the BP System plugin is installed. It’s only the Terastallization that has a plugin conflict issue with this specific plugin. I have only recently discovered this problem today, so I apologize that I don’t have any debug logs to show detailed information on the problem. It does not throw an error message. But I have these screenshots that show what’s going on with the problem.​

I am more than willing to not use Lin’s BP System plugin if the conflict problem can’t be fixed. Prior to me posting this, I informed LinKazamine about this plugin conflict problem. I wanted to let you know about the problem, if you want to reach out to LinKazamine and see if the BP System plugin and Terastallization [DBK Add-On] plugin conflicts can be fixed. So people’s projects that need the BP system plugin, but also want to use The Terastallization can use it without issues. If it can’t be done, then that will be fine, and I will remove the BP System plugin from my Pokemon fan game project base. Because the BP System plugin isn’t 100% vital for the needs of my project.

Also, I forgot to include this as context at first, but I'm correcting that now. This is the list of Plugins I am using right now after I cleared out Lin's BP System plugin and the whole of the assets that the BP System uses as well:
List of the plugins I am using after clearing out the BP System plugin and assets.PNG

Attachments

• Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 1.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 1.PNG
    283.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 2.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 2.PNG
    224.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 3.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 3.PNG
    184.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 4.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 4.PNG
    186.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 5.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 5.PNG
    156.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 6.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 6.PNG
    149.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 7.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 7.PNG
    295.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 8.PNG
    Tera Not De-Trasform After The Battle Is Over 8.PNG
    223.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
Ok, found a solution. When this was the order of the plugins:
1707379411692.png

The terastallization went away without problems.
When my plugin was loaded after this one, the terastallization stayed at the end of the battle. I don't know how you got my plugin to load after the terastallization one, since I had to edit the meta to force this plugin to load first but it should be easily solved by adding Optional = Lin's BP System, 1.0.5 to either the Deluxe Battle Kit meta or this plugin's meta.

Anyway, I'll post an update that solves this problem and should improve the compatibility of my plugin.

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
About the behavior of AI and Tera, I have my 1st Gym Leader with 3 pkmn. I've set the last one's "NoTera = true". Because I intend to make all my Leader's aces Megas or have Z Crystals. The first one will have just a regular item, however.
Obviously his last pkmn doesn't tera, but neither do any of his other pkmn. Even when the first one, a Bug and Rock type with Tera Bug is up against a Water type. The same happens when I give his last pkmn a Mega Stone or Z Crystal. My question is, how does the AI's decision to terastallize or not interact with trainers with high skill AI having the "NoTera = true" parameter and having Megas or pkmn with Z Moves as their last pkmn? Or is there something wrong on my end with the AI?

Lucidious89

Champion
About the behavior of AI and Tera, I have my 1st Gym Leader with 3 pkmn. I've set the last one's "NoTera = true". Because I intend to make all my Leader's aces Megas or have Z Crystals. The first one will have just a regular item, however.
Obviously his last pkmn doesn't tera, but neither do any of his other pkmn. Even when the first one, a Bug and Rock type with Tera Bug is up against a Water type. The same happens when I give his last pkmn a Mega Stone or Z Crystal. My question is, how does the AI's decision to terastallize or not interact with trainers with high skill AI having the "NoTera = true" parameter and having Megas or pkmn with Z Moves as their last pkmn? Or is there something wrong on my end with the AI?
Capture.JPG

Basically, your trainer is only capable of using Tera on their final Pokemon, but you've made Tera impossible on their final Pokemon. Thus, they will never use Tera. So either lower their AI skill, or remove the ReserveLastPokemon flag by using an anti-flag described in the Essentials wiki.

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
I figured lowering the AI skill would work, wanted to avoid doing that. Didn't know about the anti flag though, thank you.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.4 Update

• Made some slight adjustments for compatibility with the Customizable Battle UI plugin. Button graphics are not provided, however.
  • Fixed the Radiant Tera Jewel item so that it only displays fail messages when appropriate.
  • Fixed wild Tera battles not being counted properly.
  • The user's original typing prior to Terastallization is now properly tracked in situations where that original typing was changed by an effect...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
When a trainer with a Skill Level of 99 tries to Tera with pkmn that isn't their last one, I get this error after choosing my move. Then the turn plays out normally.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tera_type' for #<Battle:🇦🇮:AIBattler>

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:222:in `block in get_party_tera_score'
AI_Utilities:19:in `block in each_foe_battler'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each_with_index'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each_foe_battler'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:178:in `get_party_tera_score'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:88:in `block in wants_to_terastallize?'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `each'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `each_with_index'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `wants_to_terastallize?'

Also, when using the Master Tera Jewel, in the "select type" screen, I get this error when cancelling the selection:

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Type, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
Validation:29:in `validate'
GameData:100:in `get'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [003] Item Handlers.rb:237:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:195:in `trigger'
[[MUI] Enhanced Pokemon UI] [002] Legacy Data.rb:11:in `triggerUseOnPokemon'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [003] Item Handlers.rb:197:in `pbBagUseItem'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1217:in `block in pbChoosePoke'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1185:in `loop'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1185:in `pbChoosePoke'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1462:in `block in pbStartScreen'

Lucidious89

Champion
When a trainer with a Skill Level of 99 tries to Tera with pkmn that isn't their last one, I get this error after choosing my move. Then the turn plays out normally.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tera_type' for #<Battle:🇦🇮:AIBattler>

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:222:in `block in get_party_tera_score'
AI_Utilities:19:in `block in each_foe_battler'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each_with_index'
AI_Utilities:17:in `each_foe_battler'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:178:in `get_party_tera_score'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:88:in `block in wants_to_terastallize?'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `each'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `each_with_index'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [009] Battle_AI.rb:82:in `wants_to_terastallize?'

Also, when using the Master Tera Jewel, in the "select type" screen, I get this error when cancelling the selection:

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Type, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
Validation:29:in `validate'
GameData:100:in `get'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [003] Item Handlers.rb:237:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:195:in `trigger'
[[MUI] Enhanced Pokemon UI] [002] Legacy Data.rb:11:in `triggerUseOnPokemon'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [003] Item Handlers.rb:197:in `pbBagUseItem'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1217:in `block in pbChoosePoke'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1185:in `loop'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1185:in `pbChoosePoke'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:1462:in `block in pbStartScreen'
I see, I'll fix these tomorrow.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.5 Update

• Fixed an error that would occur with the Master Tera Jewel item when exiting from the Tera type selection menu without making a selection.
  • Fixed several errors that could occur related to Terastallization AI.
  • Fixed an oversight with the moves Transform and Reflect Type incorrectly copying a Terastallized target's Tera type instead of its original typing.
  • The move Tar Shot should no longer be able to apply its effect on Terastallized targets, as intended. The AI has also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Hey Lucidious89, Thanks for the wonderful update! I no longer have issues with the Pokémon being stuck in it's Terastallized form after a battle. Much love to you! 😄

Back