• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Resource Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Every time I use item on my pokemon this happens.
[2024-06-27 11:23:11 +0800]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
Battle_ActionUseItem:77:in `pbUseItemMessage'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:248:in `pbUseItemOnPokemon'
Battle_AttackPhase:77:in `block in pbAttackPhaseItems'
Battle_AttackPhase:70:in `each'
Battle_AttackPhase:70:in `pbAttackPhaseItems'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:406:in `pbAttackPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:339:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
Battle_StartAndEnd:339:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:324:in `loop'
Ah yeah, that makes sense. I wanted to move a certain feature into a new plugin I'm going to release, but I guess it has to be implemented in this one for the code to work.

I added the code back in, so it'll work now.

Uzakuma

Rookie
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbForceEndSpeech' for #<Battle::DebugSceneNoVisuals>

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:237:in `pbMidbattleScripting'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:111:in `pbDeluxeTriggers'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:459:in `block in pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:458:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:458:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [011] Battle.rb:186:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:70:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] SOS Battles] [004] Battle.rb:501:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:342:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I'm quite new to this and got this error while creating new teams (simulating battles) in the Battle Frontier (specifically the Battle Tower), is this the right place to ask about this issue?

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbForceEndSpeech' for #<Battle::DebugSceneNoVisuals>

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:237:in `pbMidbattleScripting'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:111:in `pbDeluxeTriggers'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:459:in `block in pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:458:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:458:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [011] Battle.rb:186:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:70:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[[DBK] SOS Battles] [004] Battle.rb:501:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:342:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I'm quite new to this and got this error while creating new teams (simulating battles) in the Battle Frontier (specifically the Battle Tower), is this the right place to ask about this issue?
I guess so. Tbh in all of my years of working on Essentials, I never once even set foot on the Battle Tower maps, much less try battling there. It's not that odd I suppose that there would be conflicts there.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I guess so. Tbh in all of my years of working on Essentials, I never once even set foot on the Battle Tower maps, much less try battling there. It's not that odd I suppose that there would be conflicts there.
Seems this has existed in previous versions of DBK as I have tested in a clean essentials.

Uzakuma

Rookie
Ah okay that's understandable lol.

Lucidious89

Champion
Seems this has existed in previous versions of DBK as I have tested in a clean essentials.
Yeah, this bug has definitely existed since day 1 of this plugin being released lol. Just goes to show how unused the Battle Tower is that it's only just now being reported lol

CaseCreature68

Rookie
I remember there being the ability to have uneven battle fields in the Essentials Deluxe plugin (for example 1 pokemon on the players side vs 2 on the opponents). Is this still doable? I can't seem to find anything in the tutorials about it.

Lucidious89

Champion
I remember there being the ability to have uneven battle fields in the Essentials Deluxe plugin (for example 1 pokemon on the players side vs 2 on the opponents). Is this still doable? I can't seem to find anything in the tutorials about it.
That's neither a feature of this kit or Essentials Deluxe. That's just a default feature of vanilla Essentials itself.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.6 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when Origin Forme Palkia used Spacial Rend.
  • Shadow Pokemon icons will now have the proper overlay patterns applied when viewed in the PC Storage UI.
  • Added the following Midbattle Trigger Keys: BattlerStatusCured, BattlerConfusionStart, BattlerConfusionEnd, BattlerAttractStart, BattlerAttractEnd
  • Added the following Midbattle Command Key: pause...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rot8er_ConeX

Trainer
I'm noticing a lot of instances of pbAnimateSubstitute now, but I'm not finding where that subroutine is defined?

I assume this is part of the Animated Pokemon plugin that's releasing soon, but with the function undefined it makes these features unusable if people update to the new version.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm noticing a lot of instances of pbAnimateSubstitute now, but I'm not finding where that subroutine is defined?

I assume this is part of the Animated Pokemon plugin that's releasing soon, but with the function undefined it makes these features unusable if people update to the new version.
I mean, is it causing errors? Im not sure what the issue is. It's not supposed to be usable yet, these lines are only added to maintain compatibility with the new plugin coming out.

Lucidious89

Champion

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
Hi, I think I found a bug in the plugin with Attract. You added:
def pbAttract(msg = nil)

But it needs two arguments, user and msg. With just one it crashes.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.7 Update

• Fixed a bug with pbAttract not having the correct number of arguments.
  • Added a new plugin setting called HIDE_DATABOXES_DURING_MOVES that will hide battler databoxes during move animations when enabled, like in the Gen 5+ games.
  • Improved the coordinates of sprites that slide upwards during the battle intro when the "setSlideSprite" Battle Rule is used and set to "bottom".
  • Transform and Imposter will now fail if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back