• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Voltseon's Overworld Encounters

Resource Voltseon's Overworld Encounters v1.1

A.I.R

From a separated Universe

LDDGYT672

Novice
you didn't follow the steps mentioned.
Go to line 113 in 002_VOE_Pokemon Behavior.rb and replace whatever is in line 113 and line 114 to fname = GameData::Species.check_graphic_file("Graphics/Characters/", {:species => pkmn.species, :form => pkmn.form, :gender => pkmn.gender, :shiny => shiny, :shadow => pkmn.shadow}, "Followers")
i forgot to save the code on that part. now i know why XD Mistakes happen alright. Edit: at least i got it working now. thank you very much.

Doesn't have encounters in Water. Spawns Pokemon in impassable areas so they get stuck.
Make sure to make all inaccessable areas impassable tiles, you could do this by just mapping the tiles on those areas with impassable ones, or make an invisible tile, make it impassable and map it onto those areas on the 3rd layer. I recommend doing the first one since having invisible tiles can get really tricky and annoying.

Also yes, water encounters are not a thing, only cave and land encounters work in this script

Phantom

Rookie
Hello Voltseon, firstly I would like to say that I love your plugins especially the pause menu, secondly I am having problems after installing the overworld encounters plugin, it works perfectly but an error occurs when transitioning from a common map to a map that you have berrys events (happens even though it is an event with only the fertile soil), the problem disappears when deleting the events but I don't know if the error is being caused by a plugin conflict or if it is a bug in Overworld encounters itself, here is mine log along with the error screen (note that before the game crashed completely it was still able to spawn a pokémon), thanks for your attention and for the great plugin you brought to the community.

1681654632062.png

Hello Voltseon, firstly I would like to say that I love your plugins especially the pause menu, secondly I am having problems after installing the overworld encounters plugin, it works perfectly but an error occurs when transitioning from a common map to a map that you have berrys events (happens even though it is an event with only the fertile soil), the problem disappears when deleting the events but I don't know if the error is being caused by a plugin conflict or if it is a bug in Overworld encounters itself, here is mine log along with the error screen (note that before the game crashed completely it was still able to spawn a pokémon), thanks for your attention and for the great plugin you brought to the community.

View attachment 17303
It could be that it's conflicting with another script, but to me it looks like you're perhaps using an old version of the script, try reinstalling the plugin fresh

Phantom

Rookie
It could be that it's conflicting with another script, but to me it looks like you're perhaps using an old version of the script, try reinstalling the plugin fresh

I reinstalled the plugin and I still have the same problem, I'm sure I installed the most up-to-date version.

yajar

Rookie
its working the problem is when im going inside the house or building then when you go out there will be no more pokemon spawning did i miss something?.
im new and 1st time creating a new pokemon fan game im using v20.1, sorry for my english not my native language ^_^

Last edited:

blooeysnake

Novice
Really weird bug, so sometimes the overworld spawns will just, despawn other events which is really bad (They come back upon leaving and re entering the area and going to them if you're fast enough, but sometimes it just erases doors and transfer tiles so it locks you). I know its this plugin because when I turn off overworld spawns in the options menu and it doesn't happen anymore. Is there a way to fix this?

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
There is a bug where the ows will completely stop spawing. The only way to fix this is to restart the game completely. I think the reason it does this is because I encrypted my game files.

Also also, there is a bug where at least one ow will spawn when you turn off the ow in the options. This happen even if my files are not encrypted.

As3r1408

Rookie
Hello, I'm having an issue where whenever I add myself a Pokémon through the debug menu in this room, and after I get out of the debug menu, I get this message:
1699083356295.png

I'm not sure what I'm I supposed to do, or how to fix this.

Attachments

• 1699083472753.png
    1699083472753.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 43

LTYGYT672

Rookie
When i test the game, theres a point where the game will just not let me see the overworld encounters for some reason (Using 21.1 on it it works fine.)

SwoLe93

Rookie
When i test the game, theres a point where the game will just not let me see the overworld encounters for some reason (Using 21.1 on it it works fine.)
+1

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to figure it out?

Back