• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Fellowship In Kanto

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
Made using Essentials v20.1 on RPG Maker XP

background4.png

Fellowship in Kanto is a new experience where you can play as Red, Leaf, Yellow, nurse Joy and others, in a double battle-based game.
So join our heroes as they Journey together to stop Team Rocket and become the champions.

Features

-New Partner system:
Now you in full control of your partner's team, you can switch to your Partner at any time outside of battle, and they become the main character.
2.png
3.png
5.png
6.png

Your partner is not a walking Poke center anymore, any damage in battle will be carry on.
You can trade Pokemon, join\dismiss your partner using the Partner scroll.

7.png
8.png
9.png
The item storage is shared among all characters to make trading items easier.

-Unique main characters.
Red the male protagonist, with his special eevee that can evolve twice. ( bonus EV in battle )
Leaf the female protagonist and red’s childhood friend, with her special Pikachu (based on partner Pikachu) ( bonus EXP in battle )
Yellow : An NPC with a dream, who will change the fat of many. ( Unnatural things may occur )
Joy: With her special Chansey, to become an official Nurse Joy! ( Has the device that will heal you outside of battle )

-Gyms and Elite four in 2v2 battle system
10.png

-The story is much expanded to cover the different characters Story lines.

-Gen1-4 Pokemons all updated to gen 8 mechanics.
( some to gen 9 )

What’s new in ver 1.2.0
Check update log in the game folder for more information.

-Control partner \ Co-op mode ( Updated )
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_5.png

you can activate co-op mode at the start of new game or From the partner scroll
You can even set controls for a second player from the menu
New : Now the partner can access the mains bag in battle.
Also I made the shared stash accessible anywhere from the pause menu, for convince.

-New mega evolutions and some gen 9 evolutios added
check pokemon changes for more info

-Change Mega limit to be based on the team not on a character. ( can be increased )

-Stat Change Overlay in battle with the option to turn it off.

-Changes to starters

- Eevee: updating moveset ( Separate file in the game folder), with the addition of multibeam ( special ) and dual fang ( physical ) ,Two types moves for evveelutions, based on flying press, at celadon building roof.
  • Pikachu stats and move set updated
  • Chansey some change in stats + new moves ( including the newly added move LAST HEAL )+ EVIOLITE now works on her.

The story so far

After defeating team rocket at the pokemon tower, our heroes now journey toward Fuchsia to face the 5th GYM leader KOGA , and explore the Safari Zone, while making as many allies as possible, on the way!

The story stops just before the raid on the Silph Co. and the clash with team rocket take place, most of the map is now opened except for Saffron city and some unfinished areas.

Discord server.
link

Pokemon changes + eeveelution spreadsheet
you can find it in the game folder

Credits for those Who made this Possible
( If I miss someone, Please email me )

Download ver 1.2.2 ( Main game ) (Mega link)
Patch 1.2.2 for 1.2+

Attachments

Last edited:

MagicVibes

Novice
No problem, If I find anything else along my journey i'll drop it here. I won't spam so i'll wait until after I beat the third gym to share anything more. 😋

MagicVibes

Novice
Ok so I didn't run into anything minus
Lance giving me a Blastoisite
even though my starter was Charmander
so it was a bit unfair fighting Lt Surge who has Mega Evolution,
still training to beat him currently.

I did find a small Trainer OT bug, not sure if it also counts as an exploit but whenever you leave your partner all Pokemon in your party inherits your OT even if originally traded.

Put some things under spoilers to not spoil any new players who may see this, never know.

Attachments

• ot2.png
    ot2.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 85
  • ot1.png
    ot1.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 84

Black24

Pokemon Fellowship in Kanto
Ok so I didn't run into anything minus
Lance giving me a Blastoisite
even though my starter was Charmander
so it was a bit unfair fighting Lt Surge who has Mega Evolution,
still training to beat him currently.

I did find a small Trainer OT bug, not sure if it also counts as an exploit but whenever you leave your partner all Pokemon in your party inherits your OT even if originally traded.

Put some things under spoilers to not spoil any new players who may see this, never know.
for the mega stone i will fix it , for surge it's for the story, and if you beat him you should be able to 2nd battle Brock ( much tougher this time ) and for pokemons changing their owner it's a bug, will try to fix it, thanks for your feedback.

MagicVibes

Novice
for the mega stone i will fix it , for surge it's for the story, and if you beat him you should be able to 2nd battle Brock ( much tougher this time ) and for pokemons changing their owner it's a bug, will try to fix it, thanks for your feedback.
I have no issues about Surge :) was just mentioning he had it while I did not, it's all good
unless you mean he gives a mega ring after?
I was just letting you know about the Blastoisite. I love how strong Surge is in fact, it's been a while since I had a good challenge. Last being Petrel who I want to murder with a passion haha.
And no problem, happy to provide said feedback :)

I also have a question, I never beat the nugget bridge challenge so since I was having trouble with surge and need money anyways I went back to fight him and the NPC on the route near Cerulean is gone. Is this normal since I beat S.S Anne?

Black24

I have no issues about Surge :) was just mentioning he had it while I did not, it's all good
unless you mean he gives a mega ring after?
I was just letting you know about the Blastoisite. I love how strong Surge is in fact, it's been a while since I had a good challenge. Last being Petrel who I want to murder with a passion haha.
And no problem, happy to provide said feedback :)

I also have a question, I never beat the nugget bridge challenge so since I was having trouble with surge and need money anyways I went back to fight him and the NPC on the route near Cerulean is gone. Is this normal since I beat S.S Anne?
no worries, If you hated petrel you gonna love what you can do with him in this game ( not in the normal route tho ).

as for the nugget bridge challenge yes, it is intentional once you enter s.s.anne's tournament because it supposed to be a challenge, also that "NPC" will be somewhere else at this stage in the game.

I am surprised you needed the money tho, wasn't the prize good enough?

CosmicInsomniac

Rookie
Just beat Misty, and thought Id share a few bugs I found
1- Brutal Swing hits all 3 pokemon in a triple battle, but the target selection thing only shows it as hitting the adjacent 3. I dont mind this, as I have Hitmonlee with Wide Guard grinding against Victrebell in Hidden Cave, plus it gave Farfetched more targets to crit against to evolve, but I would have just moved him, to center if I was trying to get the most crits.

2- Joys Personal Healing Device does not show up as an option for me in the menu. I believe this is because I was messing around with Shared Item Storage and briefly deposited it.

3- Talking with Machop in Viridion City crashes the game.

4- The Wife in the house with the Jynx Trade's house says she's glad its gone even before the trade. I choose to think of this as the husband lying about getting rid of it.

Last edited:

Black24

Just beat Misty, and thought Id share a few bugs I found
1- Brutal Swing hits all 3 pokemon in a triple battle, but the target selection thing only shows it as hitting the adjacent 3. I dont mind this, as I have Hitmonlee with Wide Guard grinding against Victrebell in Hidden Cave, plus it gave Farfetched more targets to crit against to evolve, but I would have just moved him, to center if I was trying to get the most crits.

2- Joys Personal Healing Device does not show up as an option for me in the menu. I believe this is because I was messing around with Shared Item Storage and briefly deposited it.

3- Talking with Machop in Viridion City crashes the game.

4- The Wife in the house with the Jynx Trade's house says she's glad its gone even before the trade. I choose to think of this as the husband lying about getting rid of it.
not just brutal swing, actually most moves was modified so you can hit any target, i was forced to do so because in essential you can't switch pokemon place when you have a partner, even if your partner doesn't have any pokemon left, and this can create a scenario where you cannot hit the furthest pokemon in 2v3 and 3v3, that’s why i had to do it this way, sorry for that.

as for joy's healing device i will make sure that it can't be deposit as other characters can't use it.

machop is missing sound file it should be easy.

The Wife in the house with the Jynx Trade's house was missing some dialogue, you were right to assume it was wrong, even the trade was not working 😓, it will be fixed next patch.
thanks for your feedback and have fun.

Last edited:

MagicVibes

Novice
no worries, If you hated petrel you gonna love what you can do with him in this game ( not in the normal route tho ).

as for the nugget bridge challenge yes, it is intentional once you enter s.s.anne's tournament because it supposed to be a challenge, also that "NPC" will be somewhere else at this stage in the game.

I am surprised you needed the money tho, wasn't the prize good enough?
I did not win the prize, my team got 1-2 hit tanked first round and I had previously spent all my $ on Hyper Potions, Revives and my boy Spheal just before entering the Tournament. Since I did not get the prize I needed money. I lost trying the Nugget Bridge challenge and decided to come back after some grinding but since I was already on the ship I entered the tournament.

I had grinded up my two teams on a sailor while on the S.S Anne just before entering and accepted the loss so I could go fight Surge, I saw no need to reload to try again. Only time I did resets was when Petrel kept stealing from my team and I saw I would not get them back after beating him.
I'll just refight some trainers for money since I need to grind more for Surge as I lost to him first time since i'm underleveled.
Did some EV training after losing the tournament, the Spheal I bought is now a Walrein too. 🙂

TLDR; You can probably tell i'm usually a casual Pokemon player, haha I did come for a challenge though.

I haven't played many fan games yet but the main series has started to become too boring with how easy it's been the last decade and a half. Finally diving into some fan games to find a spark, something to keep me entertained where the franchise hasn't been able to. Scarlet was probably the 2nd time I have ever felt bored day 1 of playing a main series Pokemon Game. 😔
I have some new favorite characters in the new Gen, though that's about it. But this is as far as I will get off topic.

Can't wait to see what I can do to Petrel later on >:)

Attachments

• team.png
    team.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

MagicVibes

Novice
it on 99% and it not loading
Is it possible your anti virus picked up the false positive like mine did? My download stopped at 99% as well when it picked up a false virus that turned out to be nothing. 🤔

Last edited:

rafael rojo

Rookie
Hello how are you ? created the only boat solutions ss.anne restart the game and choose squirtle everything normal then we recruited a boy who has the galar pokemon in viridian city and then with the same boy I mentioned recruit nurse joy pokemon center from leader brock and then train both and then we arrive where misty then we go to vermilion city we get the tickets for both of us we choose joy and the blond boy that I mentioned before starting the tournament we keep far or near in my case I let myself lose now I currently fight with the leader, pure luck came out I wait for you too

Black24

Hello how are you ? created the only boat solutions ss.anne restart the game and choose squirtle everything normal then we recruited a boy who has the galar pokemon in viridian city and then with the same boy I mentioned recruit nurse joy pokemon center from leader brock and then train both and then we arrive where misty then we go to vermilion city we get the tickets for both of us we choose joy and the blond boy that I mentioned before starting the tournament we keep far or near in my case I let myself lose now I currently fight with the leader, pure luck came out I wait for you too
I am ok I guess, thanks for asking, hope you're doing great, I am currently working on the next chapter, It still going to need some time tho, so stay tuned.
hope you like it😁

Holly8225

Rookie
The only issue (apart from spelling and grammar mistakes) my bf and I are running into is the braindead AI that is your ally. I got to fight Jessy and James in Mount. Moon but the fight was way more difficult than it should have been because of things like his Marshtomp insisting on using Rock Smash on Arbok instead of Mud Shot. Neither my bf nor myself know anything about writing code so we don't know if the AI can be improved on or maybe give the player access to both Pokémon teams in battle?

Black24

The only issue (apart from spelling and grammar mistakes) my bf and I are running into is the braindead AI that is your ally. I got to fight Jessy and James in Mount. Moon but the fight was way more difficult than it should have been because of things like his Marshtomp insisting on using Rock Smash on Arbok instead of Mud Shot. Neither my bf nor myself know anything about writing code so we don't know if the AI can be improved on or maybe give the player access to both Pokémon teams in battle?
Yes, sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not native nor the best writer and if you find something wrong you can send them to me or make a list if you want, I really could use the help in that department.

As for the stupid AI I have great news, I have been testing a way to play this (co-op) where you can control your partner's pokemons, hope it will be when the next chapter comes.

As for improving the AI: the AI script is too complicated and needs a lot of work and testing, and I'm trying to finish up the game first, so maybe then.

And yes, the first 2 battles with Jessy and James are tough but the reward of beating them is worth it.

Thanks for your feedback and have fun😁.

kidterran

Rookie
I'm a scrub how does one go about downloading the game and which emulator do I need 7zip

Noktomo

Rookie
Hey, really sweet game! I just wanted to report a little visual "bug". Leafs starter pokemon Pikachu is male, but has the sprite of a female pikachu (the black heart tail tip). Nothing all too serious but I think I'd let you know. Keep going to work on this cool game. I'm excited for the next update and being able to control the partner pokemon. I just hope there is a possibility for both you and the partner to receive XP!

Cheers!

Black24

Hey, really sweet game! I just wanted to report a little visual "bug". Leafs starter pokemon Pikachu is male, but has the sprite of a female pikachu (the black heart tail tip). Nothing all too serious but I think I'd let you know. Keep going to work on this cool game. I'm excited for the next update and being able to control the partner pokemon. I just hope there is a possibility for both you and the partner to receive XP!

Cheers!
I hasn't set my mind yet weather Pikachu should be female or just leave it random, I try to stick to the game\anime when it comes to gender, (In game it was random wile male in the anime ) So I am not sure tell me what you think. and the sprites aren't that final I just wanted to give starters different ones.

And sorry for the long delay on the second chapter (life\ work) but I am working on it. As for partner’s pokemon getting exp as well, it's not that simple and require a lot of work and testing , my goals for now are to finish the game first then, will try to make it, as many people have asked for, and maybe try to make the AI better.

Thanks for your feedback and Have fun😁

FishyyyXD

Rookie
It would be nice if ur partner was getting XP while fighting as the other main character cuz it sucks that i have to lvl 2 chars at different times

its very very annoying to exp ur partner :/ i dont like using them bcs of that

Idk if its a glitch but my characters dont share item bag? They all have their own items.. also very annoying

Back