• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Fellowship In Kanto

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
Made using Essentials v20.1 on RPG Maker XP

background4.png

Fellowship in Kanto is a new experience where you can play as Red, Leaf, Yellow, nurse Joy and others, in a double battle-based game.
So join our heroes as they Journey together to stop Team Rocket and become the champions.

Features

-New Partner system:
Now you in full control of your partner's team, you can switch to your Partner at any time outside of battle, and they become the main character.
2.png
3.png
5.png
6.png

Your partner is not a walking Poke center anymore, any damage in battle will be carry on.
You can trade Pokemon, join\dismiss your partner using the Partner scroll.

7.png
8.png
9.png
The item storage is shared among all characters to make trading items easier.

-Unique main characters.
Red the male protagonist, with his special eevee that can evolve twice. ( bonus EV in battle )
Leaf the female protagonist and red’s childhood friend, with her special Pikachu (based on partner Pikachu) ( bonus EXP in battle )
Yellow : An NPC with a dream, who will change the fat of many. ( Unnatural things may occur )
Joy: With her special Chansey, to become an official Nurse Joy! ( Has the device that will heal you outside of battle )

-Gyms and Elite four in 2v2 battle system
10.png

-The story is much expanded to cover the different characters Story lines.

-Gen1-4 Pokemons all updated to gen 8 mechanics.
( some to gen 9 )

What’s new in ver 1.2.0
Check update log in the game folder for more information.

-Control partner \ Co-op mode ( Updated )
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_5.png

you can activate co-op mode at the start of new game or From the partner scroll
You can even set controls for a second player from the menu
New : Now the partner can access the mains bag in battle.
Also I made the shared stash accessible anywhere from the pause menu, for convince.

-New mega evolutions and some gen 9 evolutios added
check pokemon changes for more info

-Change Mega limit to be based on the team not on a character. ( can be increased )

-Stat Change Overlay in battle with the option to turn it off.

-Changes to starters

- Eevee: updating moveset ( Separate file in the game folder), with the addition of multibeam ( special ) and dual fang ( physical ) ,Two types moves for evveelutions, based on flying press, at celadon building roof.
  • Pikachu stats and move set updated
  • Chansey some change in stats + new moves ( including the newly added move LAST HEAL )+ EVIOLITE now works on her.

The story so far

After defeating team rocket at the pokemon tower, our heroes now journey toward Fuchsia to face the 5th GYM leader KOGA , and explore the Safari Zone, while making as many allies as possible, on the way!

The story stops just before the raid on the Silph Co. and the clash with team rocket take place, most of the map is now opened except for Saffron city and some unfinished areas.

Discord server.
link

Pokemon changes + eeveelution spreadsheet
you can find it in the game folder

Credits for those Who made this Possible
( If I miss someone, Please email me )

Download ver 1.2.2 ( Main game ) (Mega link)
Patch 1.2.2 for 1.2+

Attachments

Last edited:

AnjelsRenegade

Rookie
Love the concept and enjoying the game so far. Would be nice if partner pokemon also gained exp since we do get to play them as well it would make sense

anno8369

Rookie
Found a potential bug in The Viridian Forest. The trainer with a Pinsir and a Butterfree will continue to give you a leaf stone every time you talk with him.

edit:
Got this error message when I used the area finder in the pokedex for Scyther as well.

bild_2023-03-01_120144857.png

Last edited:

RepitleGirl497

Rookie
I can't defeat the Team Rocket trio in Mt Moon on the first attempt. I think the other commenters are on the right track in regards to the partner player's Pokemon also getting exp in battle; it would make training a lot easier for the tougher fights ahead. (If it's not too much trouble, a game walkthrough would also be quite handy.)

I love the concept of this game, and I am greatly looking forward to when it'll be finished.

Last edited:

anno8369

Rookie
I can't defeat the Team Rocket trio in Mt Moon on the first attempt. I think the other commenters are on the right track in regards to the partner player's Pokemon also getting exp in battle; it would make training a lot easier for the tougher fights ahead. (If it's not too much trouble, a game walkthrough would also be quite handy.)

I love the concept of this game, and I am greatly looking forward to when it'll be finished.

Given that many trainers let's you immediately have a rematch I don't think the game is very difficult, for that fight against Team Rocket specifically I remember you can fight a trainer with a butterfree and a scyther on route to Mt Moon for massive exprience. There is a benefit if it's possible to code companion experience in though which is less grinding.

RepitleGirl497

Rookie
Given that many trainers let's you immediately have a rematch I don't think the game is very difficult, for that fight against Team Rocket specifically I remember you can fight a trainer with a butterfree and a scyther on route to Mt Moon for massive exprience. There is a benefit if it's possible to code companion experience in though which is less grinding.
Thanks for the tip!

Nessdam

Rookie
Will the partner AI be improved or at least changed out with somewhat decent opponent AI? Because at the moment it seems to pick a random move unless it want to reduce your opponents contrary pokemons stats, in which case it will only use stat decreasing moves to buff your opponent and you are playing a 1v3. I would like not to have to actively neuter my partners movesett because my partner can't use moves correctly.
Otherwise this is a really cool concept that feels pretty polished. Love the double battle focus and the buffed opponents.

Also if it has not been mentioned before, the guy in Viridian forest that gives a leaf stone has no trigger or end stage so if you talk to him again he will continue to give you leaf stones.

Last edited:

BlackMansia

Rookie
Hey, so I just got through pewter city and maybe I broke the game because I picked up the first secret character after beating the gym and got him his Pokedex but before going to see the professor for my reward. Now my player 2 is gone, I can't access her in the scrolls and she's not at the lab anymore. I also got the second secret character and P2 is still missing. Not sure how to go about that.

RepitleGirl497

Rookie
What happens to the Bulbasaur in the cave after you talk to it? When it runs away do you never see it again?

I had Red choose Charmander, and I'm wondering if there's any way to get the other two.

stickypanties

Rookie
I just wanna say, this is the best fan game i've ever played. love the idea of basically having a 12 pokemon for your team and i love the dialogue is different depending on who you're currently playing as. keep up the good work!

Black24

Pokemon Fellowship in Kanto
I really like the concept of the game, and I wish you luck in creating/updating it!
Sorry for the late reply it took huge effort and time to make this, and thanks for your comments.

When I go to form tab of pokedex I encountered this error. And the game is frozen later.
I belive that because there still no map for the pokedex.

So after doing the SS. Anne battles. Once -blank- drives the boat, it just keeps driving and I cannot play further. Tried waiting for multiple minutes still no result. Straight up stuck.

Tried this 10x after restarting.

Even after finally winning once, it still bugged out. (It was really difficult to win as I am a little underleveled didn't expect the level spike..

Second picture is the screen on which it is stuck. (Only thing moving is the water)
View attachment 15582View attachment 15583
I will try ti fix that, thanks for your feedback.

hello, I was wondering, why don't the partner pokemon gain exp as well?
Yes.. The problem is: the partner is very limited when it comes to coding, because normal games never needed a complex one, getting exp means gaining lvls and the possibility to evolve and gain new moves , If I ever figure out how to control the partner then yes maybe then.
but for now you can switch to your partner and train there pokemons, catch new pokemon for them.

Love the concept and enjoying the game so far. Would be nice if partner pokemon also gained exp since we do get to play them as well it would make sense
you can switch to your partner, you can even finish the game without red

Found a potential bug in The Viridian Forest. The trainer with a Pinsir and a Butterfree will continue to give you a leaf stone every time you talk with him.

edit:
Got this error message when I used the area finder in the pokedex for Scyther as well.

View attachment 16125
thanks for the feedback, I will make sure the guy is fixed but the area finder is still not done.

thanks for your feedback, partner's pokemon getting exp for now is a bit hard at least for now, but you can switch to your partner (from the main menu) and train their pokemon and edit their team, as for team rocket it always bugged me why they are so easy to deal with in the orginal game and how they stick to the rules.. so, they are really a threat now.

Is the game suppose to bug out after winning the tournament on the SS Anne?
no however many people are getting the same bug while it works fine with me, needs more testing
and thanks for the feedback

Will the partner AI be improved or at least changed out with somewhat decent opponent AI? Because at the moment it seems to pick a random move unless it want to reduce your opponents contrary pokemons stats, in which case it will only use stat decreasing moves to buff your opponent and you are playing a 1v3. I would like not to have to actively neuter my partners movesett because my partner can't use moves correctly.
Otherwise this is a really cool concept that feels pretty polished. Love the double battle focus and the buffed opponents.

Also if it has not been mentioned before, the guy in Viridian forest that gives a leaf stone has no trigger or end stage so if you talk to him again he will continue to give you leaf stones.
yes that is one of the major problems for this game, the ai battle system is too complex for me to improve, and even so I doubt it would make a huge difference, My plan is (If I ever to finish this game) is to add a co-op mode where another player can fully control the partner , but it is easier said than done.

and if you really hate the ai, i mean really, spoilers, this game can be finished without a partner, it would need a very questionable decisions in game tho.

Hey, so I just got through pewter city and maybe I broke the game because I picked up the first secret character after beating the gym and got him his Pokedex but before going to see the professor for my reward. Now my player 2 is gone, I can't access her in the scrolls and she's not at the lab anymore. I also got the second secret character and P2 is still missing. Not sure how to go about that.
did you save pikachu ?

What happens to the Bulbasaur in the cave after you talk to it? When it runs away do you never see it again?

I had Red choose Charmander, and I'm wondering if there's any way to get the other two.
that's a good question, If you save him i am sure he will return the favor one day.

I just wanna say, this is the best fan game i've ever played. love the idea of basically having a 12 pokemon for your team and i love the dialogue is different depending on who you're currently playing as. keep up the good work!
thanks for your comment, It means alot to me, I will try to keep working on it.

CosmicInsomniac

Rookie
Just started this game, and I love it so far! You may need to adjust traded pokemon exp though, as I had this happen: Ran into lvl 11 Beedrill, paralyzed it via Static before it KO'd Pikachu, switched to lvl 4 traded poliwag (never used so no exp yet), managed to catch it, and it grew to lvl 13, 2 levels higher than the beedrill. As I haven't gotten far and don't intend to exploit this I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but given how you can just have each trainer catch the others pokemon for them, the boosted exp may need to be changed a bit.

Black24

Just started this game, and I love it so far! You may need to adjust traded pokemon exp though, as I had this happen: Ran into lvl 11 Beedrill, paralyzed it via Static before it KO'd Pikachu, switched to lvl 4 traded poliwag (never used so no exp yet), managed to catch it, and it grew to lvl 13, 2 levels higher than the beedrill. As I haven't gotten far and don't intend to exploit this I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but given how you can just have each trainer catch the others pokemon for them, the boosted exp may need to be changed a bit.

Glad you like it. and if you just starting you may want to apply the new patch so you won't stuck later on.

as for traded exp bonus, I believe the game is challenging enough and traded pokemon will disobey you after certain lvl if you don’t have enough badges so that should be considered, traded exp bonus will help you with less time to grind, even some character will add more bonus to that if the character become an experienced trainer, not to mention you have to grind your partner team as well .

I don't think it is an exploit because this is a game is with different paths and endings, so it is about more fun less grinding.

but if you find the game is too easy for you can set a lvl cap for yourself.
and have fun.😁

MagicVibes

Novice
My anti-virus keeps picking up a trojan (false positive?) while downloading the game so it fails to install the zip. "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml"

Edit: Is there anyone here who had the a similar issue and knows a way in getting the game to install to play? 🙏

Last edited:

Black24

My anti-virus keeps picking up a trojan (false positive?) while downloading the game so it fails to install the zip. "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml"

Edit: Is there anyone here who had the a similar issue and knows a way in getting the game to install to play? 🙏
i scaned the files on 2 diffrent antiviruses ( avira and kaspersky plus ) nothing to worry about.

MagicVibes

Novice
i scaned the files on 2 diffrent antiviruses ( avira and kaspersky plus ) nothing to worry about.
Thank you for the reassurance, playing now. and oof I ran into a shiny of all times, I don't have balls yet as I went to route 22 to train my eevee a couple of levels after reaching Viridian 😝.

Have a nice day and thanks for the help! :)

Attachments

• shinyohno.png
    shinyohno.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 83

MagicVibes

Novice
Found a small over sight with a Hiker in Mt Moon first floor next to the Moon Stone. When you battle him the first time he uses an Onix and Geodude, if you choose to rebattle him, his in-battle sprite becomes a Youngster and he uses a Fearow and Raticate. Just letting you know :)

Black24

Found a small over sight with a Hiker in Mt Moon first floor next to the Moon Stone. When you battle him the first time he uses an Onix and Geodude, if you choose to rebattle him, his in-battle sprite becomes a Youngster and he uses a Fearow and Raticate. Just letting you know :)
oops😅, will be fixed next patch, thanks.

Back