• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Enhanced UI [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.1.3

Kingfisher

Rookie
so bizarre. I dragged all the plugins out, then added them and recompiled one at a time and the issue is gone. very strange, sorry for the trouble lol

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced UI [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.1 Update

• Added a new UI feature in the Summary screens that displays a meter that indicates each Pokemon's current happiness levels. Compatible with the BW Summary plugin.
  • Added a new UI feature in the main Pokedex menu that displays an icon representing the habitat data of each species.
  • Added a new UI feature in the Pokedex data screens that displays an icon representing the body shape data of each species. You can toggle between modern and retro icons.

Examples...

Read the rest of this update entry...

charific

Rookie
I'm having some issues with the new update. I have Essentials Delux v1.2.4 already. I added the Enhanced UI v1.1.1 files into my Plugins, but the debug console still says that it's still out of date, and closes. I've extracted everything and have even tried compiling in different ways. Do you have any ideas what could be happening?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. Turns out there were a few files I forgot to remove before updating to the new version.

Last edited:

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
Heya! Thanks for making this plugin, it has all the features I was hoping to include in my project. 🙂

I am having trouble with one aspect though. I'm using Essentials v20.1. On the Summary page, I'm not a huge fan of the stars indicating a Pokemon's IV rating, so I changed it to letters in Settings.rb. After that I did a full compile, restarted RPG Maker XP to be safe (not fully certain when I need to restart or not when compiling tbh), and after launching the game, the Summary screen still shows the stars for their IVs instead of the letters. I tried starting a new save file as well in case that matters with no luck.

In case it was a plugin conflict, I did also try a fresh download of Essentials v20.1, Essentials Deluxe, and Enhanced UI, and the letters option doesn't work in that new project either, so I don't think it's a plugin conflict on my main project.

Any idea what could be wrong? Here's the screenshot of the relevant section of the Settings.rb script where I set it to show letters instead of stars. I did this in both my main project and the fresh project I used to test with.

944e9effb89b4855eb14f435aa73f6a7.png
e1b2b665058a8bee47951aba252c40b7.png

Lucidious89

Champion
Heya! Thanks for making this plugin, it has all the features I was hoping to include in my project. 🙂

I am having trouble with one aspect though. I'm using Essentials v20.1. On the Summary page, I'm not a huge fan of the stars indicating a Pokemon's IV rating, so I changed it to letters in Settings.rb. After that I did a full compile, restarted RPG Maker XP to be safe (not fully certain when I need to restart or not when compiling tbh), and after launching the game, the Summary screen still shows the stars for their IVs instead of the letters. I tried starting a new save file as well in case that matters with no luck.

In case it was a plugin conflict, I did also try a fresh download of Essentials v20.1, Essentials Deluxe, and Enhanced UI, and the letters option doesn't work in that new project either, so I don't think it's a plugin conflict on my main project.

Any idea what could be wrong? Here's the screenshot of the relevant section of the Settings.rb script where I set it to show letters instead of stars. I did this in both my main project and the fresh project I used to test with.

View attachment 17166View attachment 17167
Works perfectly fine on my end, and if the stars are showing up at all then there aren't any plugin conflicts. You don't need to recompile or start a new game, either, just resetting the game after making the change is fine. There actually isn't any explanation for why this wouldn't work, it's not a very complicated script, it's literally just

• If IV_DISPLAY_STYLE == 0, then get the graphic named "Graphics/Plugins/Enhanced UI/IV Ratings/stars".
  • If IV_DISPLAY_STYLE == 1, then get the graphic named "Graphics/Plugins/Enhanced UI/IV Ratings/letters".

So the only explanations I can think of is something stupid, like you just literally aren't clicking "save" when you edit the rb file, or for some reason your "letters" graphic is a duplicate of the "stars" graphic, though you would have to have deliberately done that yourself somehow, so that seems less likely.

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
Works perfectly fine on my end, and if the stars are showing up at all then there aren't any plugin conflicts. You don't need to recompile or start a new game, either, just resetting the game after making the change is fine. There actually isn't any explanation for why this wouldn't work, it's not a very complicated script, it's literally just

• If IV_DISPLAY_STYLE == 0, then get the graphic named "Graphics/Plugins/Enhanced UI/IV Ratings/stars".
  • If IV_DISPLAY_STYLE == 1, then get the graphic named "Graphics/Plugins/Enhanced UI/IV Ratings/letters".

So the only explanations I can think of is something stupid, like you just literally aren't clicking "save" when you edit the rb file, or for some reason your "letters" graphic is a duplicate of the "stars" graphic, though you would have to have deliberately done that yourself somehow, so that seems less likely.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I double-checked and made sure the Settings.rb file was saved, and that the letters.png graphic is a separate one and not just a duplicate of the stars, and the issue still happened. But I managed to get it fixed somehow by copying over the files from the downloaded plugin into my project a couple times. I guess not all the files were brought over when I initially set up the plugin, but the Settings.rb and the graphics were definitely there, so I'm stumped as to what was missing that caused the issue, haha.

All good now though, everything looks great, thanks again!

Lucidious89

Champion
Thanks for the quick reply!

I double-checked and made sure the Settings.rb file was saved, and that the letters.png graphic is a separate one and not just a duplicate of the stars, and the issue still happened. But I managed to get it fixed somehow by copying over the files from the downloaded plugin into my project a couple times. I guess not all the files were brought over when I initially set up the plugin, but the Settings.rb and the graphics were definitely there, so I'm stumped as to what was missing that caused the issue, haha.

All good now though, everything looks great, thanks again!
Pretty weird, but as long as it works i guess.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.2 Update

• Added several QoL features to the Pokemon Summary UI found in the modern series.
  • When pressing the USE button to open the options while viewing a Pokemon's Summmary, the "Nickname" option will now appear in this list, which will allow you to re-nickname your Pokemon. This option will only appear if you are the Pokemon's original trainer.
  • When pressing the USE button while specifically viewing the Pokemon's moves page, a different list of options...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.3 Update

ATTENTION! Final Update!
With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for Enhanced UI for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin...

Zailens

Rookie
after installing your "Final update" v1.1.3 I am getting an error message telling me that Enhanced UI is out of date and to download the latest version (which I have done, twice now)

Lucidious89

Champion
after installing your "Final update" v1.1.3 I am getting an error message telling me that Enhanced UI is out of date and to download the latest version (which I have done, twice now)
Recompile.

Zailens

Rookie
I thought I had already done that to no effect, but low and behold it works. hit another error but can't say for sure its your plugin causing the problem. Thank you.

Chaos Kitsune

Rookie
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 4 (coords 8,4), map 80 (Pokémon Lab)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
pbAddPokemon(:CHIKORITA, 5)

Backtrace:
[Enhanced UI] [001] Enhanced UI.rb:68:in `initialize'
I updated to the newest Enhanced UI, and now I get this error when trying to give pokemon. What could be causing this?

Lucidious89

Champion
I updated to the newest Enhanced UI, and now I get this error when trying to give pokemon. What could be causing this?
Delete the previous files before installing the new ones.

Lucidious89

Champion
I was wondering, does this work with the BW summary/storage plugin?
I havent kept up with it, but I dont believe that plugin has been updated to v21.1, has it? I haven't really gone out of my way to support anything that isnt explicitly v21 compatible. With that said, I dont believe I removed anything from the code from the v20 iteration of this plugin that was put in place for compatibility with the BW plugins.

Short answer: idk, try it out yourself and let me know.

fncjinta

Novice
Hello, is there a way to implement only the pokeballs plugin in the menu? The other plugins give me an error due to the EBDX

Back