• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Enhanced UI [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.1.3

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I'm very happy with the Battle Info update.

Can I suggest an enhancement? In the Battle Info selection screen, can you show the party line up for you and any trainers you may be battling (like in the bottom-left and top-right they show in Sword and Shield in the general UI)? Right now the regular battle view doesn't really have a good spot to put it, but there is some room above and below your selection view and it would be perfect to show there (in my opinion).

Rough Mockup
1667713158330.png

Visible in SwSh
1667712868131.png

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm very happy with the Battle Info update.

Can I suggest an enhancement? In the Battle Info selection screen, can you show the party line up for you and any trainers you may be battling (like in the bottom-left and top-right they show in Sword and Shield in the general UI)? Right now the regular battle view doesn't really have a good spot to put it, but there is some room above and below your selection view and it would be perfect to show there (in my opinion).

Rough Mockup
View attachment 13657

Visible in SwSh
View attachment 13655
Not a bad idea. I never even noticed that UI in SwSh, tbh.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced UI [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.4 Update

The following update fixes and improves upon many features of the Battle Info UI that was added in the previous update.

• Added a display while selecting a Pokemon for the Battle Info UI that will now show each trainer's Pokeball lineup.
  • Fixed an error in the Battle Info UI with Pokemon you own that are under the effects of Illusion displaying the name of the Pokemon they are disguised as, rather than their real name.
  • When viewing a Pokemon's data in the Battle Info UI, its...

Read the rest of this update entry...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Not a bad idea. I never even noticed that UI in SwSh, tbh.
oh my, you did it so quickly! It works perfectly!

Edit: I do have a minor, not needed but would be nice request/guidance: I changed the colors of the selection UI components to be a bit closer to that of Sword and Shield. I made he top/unselected half of battler_sel closer to white, and as a result, the text being used becomes hard to read. I tried looking where you draw the text, but couldn't figure out how to check the index at that location in order to draw different color text if it's not currently selected.
I originally made the bg of it pure white, but since I could only have 1 text color it didn't work. You can see here that even with a lighter gray it's a bit hard to read so I'd want the text there to be black while selected poke's to keep the white text. Does that make sense?
1667770428888.png

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
oh my, you did it so quickly! It works perfectly!

Edit: I do have a minor, not needed but would be nice request/guidance: I changed the colors of the selection UI components to be a bit closer to that of Sword and Shield. I made he top/unselected half of battler_sel closer to white, and as a result, the text being used becomes hard to read. I tried looking where you draw the text, but couldn't figure out how to check the index at that location in order to draw different color text if it's not currently selected.
I originally made the bg of it pure white, but since I could only have 1 text color it didn't work. You can see here that even with a lighter gray it's a bit hard to read so I'd want the text there to be black while selected poke's to keep the white text. Does that make sense?
View attachment 13736
It's a simple thing on paper, but this would actually require a fair bit of recoding to accomplish simply based on how I structured how the display is drawn. There isn't an individual sprite set up for each object of the UI, it's all drawn at once as a single bitmap. So you can't individually set the text color for specific things, you would have to first find a way to determine which Pokemon index is being highlighted, then go into where the names are drawn and basically do some kind of "if" statement where it says "if current index is this Pokemon's index, set this text color as white, else set as black" or whatever. Then you would have to redraw the UI every time you move the cursor around with the arrow keys so that the bitmap refreshes with the proper text colors.

This is specifically why I chose the colors I did for the UI to begin with, so that white text would be readable regardless of whether or not the Pokemon is currently being selected. I didn't want to have to fuss around with setting up like 30 new sprite objects to draw the UI, it was easier to just layer a couple of bitmaps and call it a day.

With that said, if I release a future update, I'll be sure to tweak things to allow for two text colors. I don't think it's necessary hard to implement, it's just not currently intuitive as simply changing one value somewhere in the script.

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
It's a simple thing on paper, but this would actually require a fair bit of recoding to accomplish simply based on how I structured how the display is drawn. There isn't an individual sprite set up for each object of the UI, it's all drawn at once as a single bitmap. So you can't individually set the text color for specific things, you would have to first find a way to determine which Pokemon index is being highlighted, then go into where the names are drawn and basically do some kind of "if" statement where it says "if current index is this Pokemon's index, set this text color as white, else set as black" or whatever. Then you would have to redraw the UI every time you move the cursor around with the arrow keys so that the bitmap refreshes with the proper text colors.

This is specifically why I chose the colors I did for the UI to begin with, so that white text would be readable regardless of whether or not the Pokemon is currently being selected. I didn't want to have to fuss around with setting up like 30 new sprite objects to draw the UI, it was easier to just layer a couple of bitmaps and call it a day.

With that said, if I release a future update, I'll be sure to tweak things to allow for two text colors. I don't think it's necessary hard to implement, it's just not currently intuitive as simply changing one value somewhere in the script.
aha, got it. No worries if you don't get around to it, I'll manage lol

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced UI [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.5 Update

• Moved the entire selection window for the Battle Info UI further up the screen, so the newly added party ball display no longer overlaps important battle buttons.
  • While selecting a Pokemon in the Battle Info UI, the name of each battler will now appear in black text, while the highlighted battler's name will appear in white text.
  • Updated the Battle UI graphics to complement the change in text colors.
  • Added settings at the top of the Battle UI script to allow you to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GGGRUI

Rookie
When I press "N",
An error occurred:
Exception `ArgumentError' at [Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI. rb:111 - wrong number of arguments (given 1, expected 0)
When I press "M"
An error occurred:
[Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI 出现“ArgumentError”。rb:136 - 数量参数错误(给定1,为异常0)
Is there any way to turn off the Battle UI?
This is the Plugins I use

Attachments

• QQ截图20221113132453.png
    QQ截图20221113132453.png
    7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
When I press "N",
An error occurred:
Exception `ArgumentError' at [Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI. rb:111 - wrong number of arguments (given 1, expected 0)
When I press "M"
An error occurred:
[Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI 出现“ArgumentError”。rb:136 - 数量参数错误(给定1,为异常0)
Is there any way to turn off the Battle UI?
This is the Plugins I use
Either your Essentials Deluxe or ZUD Plugin are out of date. Make sure you have the latest versions of both installed.

GGGRUI

Rookie
Either your Essentials Deluxe or ZUD Plugin are out of date. Make sure you have the latest versions of both installed.
Sorry, I didn't notice that my ZUD Plugin is not the latest version.No errors have occurred since the update.Thank you.😊

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I get a stack overflow every time I try to give myself a mon.
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[Enhanced UI] [001] Enhanced UI.rb:68:in `initialize'

Lucidious89

Champion
I get a stack overflow every time I try to give myself a mon.
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
Delete Enhanced UI.rb, that file has been removed in newer versions of the plugin. You should now only have Pokemon UI and Battle UI.

Galaxia

Trainer
Could I possibly request a feature? I think a really neat QoL addition would be accurate types when a user has an ability such as Normalize/Pixilate/etc. (Sylveon with Hyper Voice displaying the move's type as Fairy). I really like the addition of seeing stat drops and buffs during battle, it makes it a lot easier to track when using moves that change your stats. Thanks for working on this :)

Lucidious89

Champion
Could I possibly request a feature? I think a really neat QoL addition would be accurate types when a user has an ability such as Normalize/Pixilate/etc. (Sylveon with Hyper Voice displaying the move's type as Fairy). I really like the addition of seeing stat drops and buffs during battle, it makes it a lot easier to track when using moves that change your stats. Thanks for working on this :)
I like this idea. There's a few other scenarios where displaying a different type would be a nice feature to have, such as with moves like Hidden Power. Im also interested in factoring in STAB when displaying the power of moves. This should all be fairly easy to implement.

Galaxia

Trainer
I like this idea. There's a few other scenarios where displaying a different type would be a nice feature to have, such as with moves like Hidden Power. Im also interested in factoring in STAB when displaying the power of moves. This should all be fairly easy to implement.
Cool!! Possibly changing the move’s text color depending on how effective it is?

Lucidious89

Champion
Cool!! Possibly changing the move’s text color depending on how effective it is?
Well, type effectiveness is already displayed in the UI, so there's no need for that. The power of the move will be displayed in green text though if its being boosted somehow (like by STAB, as I mentioned), and red text if the power is being somehow weakened. This is a feature that is already used by my PLA Battle Styles plugin, when displaying the power differences in Strong/Agile styles.

Although, considering how many potential factors go into influencing move power, I may keep it simple and stick to STAB being the only factor considered when displaying any changes to power.

Galaxia

Trainer
Well, type effectiveness is already displayed in the UI, so there's no need for that. The power of the move will be displayed in green text though if its being boosted somehow (like by STAB, as I mentioned), and red text if the power is being somehow weakened. This is a feature that is already used by my PLA Battle Styles plugin, when displaying the power differences in Strong/Agile styles.

Although, considering how many potential factors go into influencing move power, I may keep it simple and stick to STAB being the only factor considered when displaying any changes to power.
Oh true. I’ll be curious to see what you decide. Thanks for all your work on these plugins!!

Lucidious89

Champion
I've detected an error with this last version. When we press N to check on the enemy or our pokemon, this error appears.
View attachment 13403
Hey, I know it's been a while, but someone finally figured out the cause of this error. It's not a plugin issue, but a bug in Essentials itself. It occurs when the OVERWORLD_WEATHER_SETS_BATTLE_TERRAIN setting is set to "false", because this accidentally sets the default terrain to nil instead of :None.

To fix this error, find this chunk of code in Overworld_BattleStarting:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
# Terrain
    if battleRules["defaultTerrain"].nil? && Settings::OVERWORLD_WEATHER_SETS_BATTLE_TERRAIN
      case $game_screen.weather_type
      when :Storm
        battle.defaultTerrain = :Electric
      when :Fog
        battle.defaultTerrain = :Misty
      end
    else
      battle.defaultTerrain = battleRules["defaultTerrain"]
    end

And change it to this:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
# Terrain
    if battleRules["defaultTerrain"].nil?
      if Settings::OVERWORLD_WEATHER_SETS_BATTLE_TERRAIN
        case $game_screen.weather_type
        when :Storm
          battle.defaultTerrain = :Electric
        when :Fog
          battle.defaultTerrain = :Misty
        end
      end
    else
      battle.defaultTerrain = battleRules["defaultTerrain"]
    end

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
By any chance is there a way to customize the color (or if possible the sprite) of each individual golden leaf?

Lucidious89

Champion
By any chance is there a way to customize the color (or if possible the sprite) of each individual golden leaf?
You could if you really wanted to, but it wouldnt be as simple as just changing a setting or a couple of lines of code.

Back