• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Lucidious89

Champion
sorry if this is a dumb question im new at this kind of stuff. But is there any way to apply this to a project im already working on?
Its a plugin, its designed to be installed to an existing project. You just follow the instructions, and if it shows up in the console plugin list when you load your game in debug mode, then it's installed.

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
How do I fix this issue I am having with double battles?

Ruby:
=================

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 1 (coords 10,13), map 19 (Route 4)
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Opposing trainer 2 has no battler position for their Pokémon to go (trying 1v1 battle)

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:TGRUNTM, "Grunt", :TGRUNTF, "Grunt", 1])
Backtrace:
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:68:in `block (3 levels) in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `each'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `each_with_index'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `block (2 levels) in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:46:in `times'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:46:in `block in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:44:in `loop'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:44:in `pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:266:in `pbStartBattle'
001_Overworld_BattleStarting.rb:513:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'

1674764699769.png

I do have the battle rule set to 2v2, yet it still throws this error.

Lucidious89

Champion
How do I fix this issue I am having with double battles?

Ruby:
=================

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 1 (coords 10,13), map 19 (Route 4)
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Opposing trainer 2 has no battler position for their Pokémon to go (trying 1v1 battle)

***Full script:
Backtrace:
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:68:in `block (3 levels) in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `each'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `each_with_index'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:61:in `block (2 levels) in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:46:in `times'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:46:in `block in pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:44:in `loop'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:44:in `pbEnsureParticipants'
002_Battle_StartAndEnd.rb:266:in `pbStartBattle'
001_Overworld_BattleStarting.rb:513:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'

View attachment 15243
I do have the battle rule set to 2v2, yet it still throws this error.
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the plugin, nothing related to it even appears in the error log. Not to mention I tried setting up the exact battle you have (with different trainers) and it works fine, both as Deluxe battle, and with the regular battle call. Try seeing what happens when you remove the battle rule. You don't need to set that when using a Deluxe battle call, as it automatically sets the battle size to be equal to the number of opponents.

I doubt that'll do anything about the error, but it's worth a shot. My guess is that there's something wrong with the actual trainers you are calling. Try replacing them with other ones to see if the error persists.

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the plugin, nothing related to it even appears in the error log. Not to mention I tried setting up the exact battle you have (with different trainers) and it works fine, both as Deluxe battle, and with the regular battle call. Try seeing what happens when you remove the battle rule. You don't need to set that when using a Deluxe battle call, as it automatically sets the battle size to be equal to the number of opponents.

I doubt that'll do anything about the error, but it's worth a shot. My guess is that there's something wrong with the actual trainers you are calling. Try replacing them with other ones to see if the error persists.

Okay, so I did a little bit of Trial and Error. It seems to of fixed it when I flipped my trainers around.

Ruby:
# This Works
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:TGRUNTF, "Grunt", 1, :TGRUNTM, "Grunt"])

# This Does Not Work
I think it may have something to do with the number being at the end?

Lucidious89

Champion
Okay, so I did a little bit of Trial and Error. It seems to of fixed it when I flipped my trainers around.

Ruby:
# This Works
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:TGRUNTF, "Grunt", 1, :TGRUNTM, "Grunt"])

# This Does Not Work
I think it may have something to do with the number being at the end?
No idea. Like I said, I copied your code exactly (with the version number at the end), and it worked fine for me. All I did instead was swap out the trainers for the default rival.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
How do I add more to lines an event script after reaching the bottom of the script? I'm making a trainer that needs lots of dialogue, but it won't fit.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Oh wait, the simplifying events thing in your usage guide would probably help with that. I forgot that was there.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
For some reason, restoring HP with Mid Battle Deluxe on the opponent in a Wild Battle does not work for me (it does work to heal the trainer's pokemon though). I was tinkering around a lot to try to find the issue myself, but with no success :( I did not modify your mid-battle scripts, maybe it is caused by another plugin I use, or is it possible that something broke during one of the latest updates? It looks like the script is looking for an owner name without success (since it is a wild battle). Here is the error message I receive:

[2023-01-28 14:04:56 +0100]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
147:Battle:260:in `pbGetOwnerName'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:821:in `midbattle_ChangeForm'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:167:in `block (2 levels) in dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:101:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:101:in `block in dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:63:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:63:in `dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Triggers.rb:97:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:253:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I did test your demo fights to see if it works with them (the Rotom fight crashes when it trys to heal just like my self-defined battles do, the cave collapse fight seems to ignore the part where it heals the opponent).

Thanks for looking into it and thank you so much for all the awesome work you do!

Lucidious89

Champion
For some reason, restoring HP with Mid Battle Deluxe on the opponent in a Wild Battle does not work for me (it does work to heal the trainer's pokemon though). I was tinkering around a lot to try to find the issue myself, but with no success :( I did not modify your mid-battle scripts, maybe it is caused by another plugin I use, or is it possible that something broke during one of the latest updates? It looks like the script is looking for an owner name without success (since it is a wild battle). Here is the error message I receive:

[2023-01-28 14:04:56 +0100]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
147:Battle:260:in `pbGetOwnerName'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:821:in `midbattle_ChangeForm'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:167:in `block (2 levels) in dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:101:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:101:in `block in dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:63:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:63:in `dx_midbattle'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Triggers.rb:97:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:253:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:340:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I did test your demo fights to see if it works with them (the Rotom fight crashes when it trys to heal just like my self-defined battles do, the cave collapse fight seems to ignore the part where it heals the opponent).

Thanks for looking into it and thank you so much for all the awesome work you do!
Yeah, I see the issue. One of the last updates made it so you can now call the trainer's name in dialogue with {2}, but I forgot to account for wild battles where there is no trainer. Easy fix.

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
I think "halfHP" is broken. When the opp Pokémon hp get in the red it does not trigger, despite the fact that it's supposed to do that

Lucidious89

Champion
I think "halfHP" is broken. When the opp Pokémon hp get in the red it does not trigger, despite the fact that it's supposed to do that
If the Pokemon's HP is that low, then the "lowHP" trigger is probably overriding it.

Lucidious89

Champion
Maybe but "halfHP" is the only one I use in the battle script
Then try lowHP. I think half is only set up to trigger if HP isnt in red yet. So if you overshot that threshold, it just wont trigger.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.1 Update

General
  • Fixed a bug with certain midbattle effects that would cause crashes when triggered by wild Pokemon in particular.
  • Sped up the black bar animation that appears during trainer dialogue.
  • Cleaned up the DEMO_SPEECH triggers in Midbattle_Config.
  • Added the Generation 9 Pack as an optional dependency to hopefully address compatibility issues.
  • Moved all battle animation-related graphics used by other plugins to Essentials...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Time Knight Leo

Rookie
I have a question: using this plugin, is it possible to make it so, when battling a particular wild Pokémon like a Legendary, using Pokeballs are disabled until the wild mon is at low health?

Lucidious89

Champion
I have a question: using this plugin, is it possible to make it so, when battling a particular wild Pokémon like a Legendary, using Pokeballs are disabled until the wild mon is at low health?
There isnt an inherent feature that allows for this, but ive already implemented this exact feature in the new Terastal Phenomenon plugin I just released for wild Tera Pokemon (like how it works in SV, where they are uncatchable until at low health and they lose their Tera). So I suppose look at that if you want to implement a feature like this.

Time Knight Leo

Rookie
... Forget it... Essentials isn't even registering the Plugin at all...
Guess that means I can't use it...

Lucidious89

Champion
... Forget it... Essentials isn't even registering the Plugin at all...
Guess that means I can't use it...
Or you could just figure it out instead of immediately giving up. It could literally be as simple as just refreshing your plugins.

Back