• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Lucidious89

Champion
I checked again, and everything is on the right place. But if you see better the video, i can't go to the bag pocket with the "ZUD" plugin items, which is the pocket 9, right? I'm still trying to understand what's causing this, but i can't figure it out, or if the script order is afecting this somehow. :/
Well, it seems like something is overwriting the number of bag pockets you have in your game. There must be something being loaded after ZUD that is changing this.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is it feasable to call my own custom weather from essentials deluxe as is?
I mean, you could try it and see. I don't see why it wouldnt.

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
A bit of help, im having this error trying to add a pokemon to my party

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 71 (coords 18,18), map 103 (Test Room)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
pbAddPokemonSilent(:PIKACHU, 20)

Backtrace:
[Enhanced UI] [001] Enhanced UI.rb:68:in `initialize'

Lucidious89

Champion
A bit of help, im having this error trying to add a pokemon to my party

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 71 (coords 18,18), map 103 (Test Room)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
pbAddPokemonSilent(:PIKACHU, 20)

Backtrace:
Delete the Enhanced UI.rb script file in the Enhanced UI plugin. That file was renamed several updates ago.

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
Delete the Enhanced UI.rb script file in the Enhanced UI plugin. That file was renamed several updates ago.
Ah, well guess thats what i get for not cheking the changelog and just extracting the .rar lol
Thanks

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.7 Update

• Restructured how the Debug tools for all plugins that rely on Essentials Deluxe are implemented. They will now all be grouped together in their own "Deluxe" menu.
  • Added new functionality that allows Essentials Deluxe to detect if any supplementary plugin that relies on it (such as ZUD) is out of date, and will now trigger an error message alerting you to update those plugins if necessary.
  • Made some additional tweaks in preparation for the release of the Pokemon Birthsigns...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.8 Update

This update adds many new mechanics, so please reference the tutorial on how to utilize all of these additions to their fullest.

General
  • Fixed an issue with the POKEDEX_SHINY_FORMS and POKEDEX_SHADOW_FORMS plugin settings not properly hiding those forms in the dex in some situations when set to "false".
  • The switch settings for all of my plugins that rely on Essentials Deluxe have been moved to the Settings script of this plugin, for...

AkashiYuro

Rookie
Hello, may I ask why does the opponent won't Terastallized their Pokemon ? I already enable the switch used for Tera, add the TERAORB to the trainer bag but they still don't use it. This is my conditional branch script according to the tutorial in readme file.
trainer = GameData::Trainer.get(:RIVAL_HIBIKI,"Hibiki",0).to_trainer;trainer.teraIndex=-1;TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL_HIBIKI"Hibiki",0],{},:HIBIKI_FIRST)

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, may I ask why does the opponent won't Terastallized their Pokemon ? I already enable the switch used for Tera, add the TERAORB to the trainer bag but they still don't use it. This is my conditional branch script according to the tutorial in readme file.
trainer = GameData::Trainer.get(:RIVAL_HIBIKI,"Hibiki",0).to_trainer;trainer.teraIndex=-1;TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL_HIBIKI"Hibiki",0],{},:HIBIKI_FIRST)
Idk, I never actually tested it, because I dont have Tera even installed in my game. I just assumed it would work in theory.

AkashiYuro

Rookie
Idk, I never actually tested it, because I dont have Tera even installed in my game. I just assumed it would work in theory.
Oh, I fixed it. just need to put the "trainer" in foe lol. It's like this:
trainer = GameData::Trainer.get(:RIVAL_HIBIKI,"Hibiki",0).to_trainer;trainer.teraIndex=-1;TrainerBattle.dx_start([trainer],{},:HIBIKI_FIRST)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I got a message that the :Terrastallize :usespecial isn't triggering properly. I checked out using it both with :turnCommand and :turnAttack, and neither seem to work:
  • with :turnCommand, there aren't any choices made yet so it always returns false for return if choice[0] != :UseMove
  • with :turnAttack, it always seems to have the battler.index be 0 instead of the trainer's mon's actual index.

is there another trigger we're supposed to use to get the specials to work at the beginning of a turn for the trainer?

Lucidious89

Champion
I got a message that the :Terrastallize :usespecial isn't triggering properly. I checked out using it both with :turnCommand and :turnAttack, and neither seem to work:
  • with :turnCommand, there aren't any choices made yet so it always returns false for return if choice[0] != :UseMove
  • with :turnAttack, it always seems to have the battler.index be 0 instead of the trainer's mon's actual index.

is there another trigger we're supposed to use to get the specials to work at the beginning of a turn for the trainer?
Youre correct about "turnCommand". Its not supposed to be used to trigger any battle mechanic, because a move selection is part of the requirement of the mechanic. Only triggers that occur after a move selection has made can trigger one of these mechanics.

And "turnAttack" is also always supposed to default to the player, since no specific trainer initiates the Attack phase. The Attack phase is just an inherent part of battle. So because there isnt any battler to target for this, it defaults to the player's Pokemon. That's what the :battler key is for, to allow you to set a specific battler index in these situations. Alternatively, you could also just use the "attack_foe" trigger instead, to execute the code at the same instant the opponent uses and attack, rather than at the start of the Attack phase itself.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Fantastic, didn't know about :battler. It works perfectly! Thank you as always!

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.9 Update

Minor Update (v1.1.9)

• Fixed a bug that would prevent the use of the "Shift" command during battles where you have three battlers on your side.
  • Fixed a visual bug where a Pokemon's move window would display over the black bar during trainer dialogue in a Deluxe Battle.
  • Refactored the entire code relating to the Fight Menu in battle; making it far easier to read and edit, and more modular.
  • Added several new plugin Settings that are used to...

Lucidious89

Champion
If you just reinstalled the v1.1.9 update prior to this post, please reinstall the plugin again. The last update was uploaded with an overlooked error in one of the scripts.

Eften

Novice
1674016909238.png

I get this error when trying to tera my pokemon, but it doesn't happen with the trainer.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.2 Update

General
  • Fixed several errors related to undefined methods.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause an error when Ultra Burst is available in battle when using the ZUD Plugin.
  • Fixed an issue where fainted Pokemon will still have their databoxes displayed during cinematic battle text displays.
  • Cinematic battle speech can now be used on the player's side too, and will display the player or ally as the speaker. Trainer sprites won't slide in for these speakers, however...

Chloro

Rookie
sorry if this is a dumb question im new at this kind of stuff. But is there any way to apply this to a project im already working on?

Back