• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED]

Resource ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED] 2023-05-04

Maq47

Novice
You're right. Now it works. But why does a simple edit to Scripts.rxdata require a recompile? Sure, I modified the code that handles PBS files, but the PBS files themselves were untouched. Odd.

Lucidious89

Champion
shrug youre combining 3 different massive projects from different people and scripting styles with Essentials, just be happy anything works at all lol

tyssonpark

Novice
Hi friend, can you help me? in my game, my oponentes down make the z move, (two battles without doing z moves, before that there was one that did) when I put Z common moves I don't have this problem, but when I put z specific moves for example: Pikachuniun Z or Primarium Z, I don't see the npcs using

Another complementary question, my players are always complaining about the difficulty of dinamax adventure, can I get the max protect from pokemons in dinamax adventure?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi friend, can you help me? in my game, my oponentes down make the z move, (two battles without doing z moves, before that there was one that did) when I put Z common moves I don't have this problem, but when I put z specific moves for example: Pikachuniun Z or Primarium Z, I don't see the npcs using

Another complementary question, my players are always complaining about the difficulty of dinamax adventure, can I get the max protect from pokemons in dinamax adventure?
Are you sure that the Pokemon youre giving the Z-Moves to have the appropriate moves to trigger the exclusive Z-Moves? For instance, does Primarina have Sparkling Aria in order to trigger its Oceanic Operetta Z-Move?

And im aware of the Dynamax Adventure difficulty. Its specifically meant to be hard, much more so than in the main series. I plan to implement measures to allow for difficulty adjustments in future updates, but nothing any time soon. Im not really sure what your question is asking me otherwise.

tyssonpark

Novice
thanks, my english is average... but you answered everything, I'll show you the team of the two npcs that I put Z move recently and they didn't use it

#-------------------------------
[CHAMPIONALOLA,Ash,1]
LoseText = "A good battle indeed!"
Pokemon = LUCARIO,58
Moves = METALCLAW,CALMMIND,BONERUSH,CIRCLETHROW
Item = LUCARIONITE
Pokemon = DRAGONITE,58
Moves = HURRICANE,HYPERBEAM,OUTRAGE,SAFEGUARD
Pokemon = SIRFETCHD,58
Moves = METEORASSAULT,BRAVEBIRD,LEAFBLADE,SLAM
Pokemon = DRACOVISH,58
Moves = DRAGONRUSH,FISHIOUSREND,CRUNCH,SUPERFANG
Pokemon = PIKACHU,58
Moves = THUNDERBOLT,LIGHTSCREEN,SLAM,DISARMINGVOICE
Gender = male
Item = PIKASHUNIUMZ
Pokemon = GENGAR,58
Moves = HEX,DESTINYBOND,PAYBACK,CLEARSMOG
DynamaxLvl = 9
Gigantamax = yes
TrainerAce = yes

and:
#-------------------------------
[POKEMONTRAINER_Lana,Lana]
LoseText = "Aww, I lost."
Pokemon = PRIMARINA,56
Moves = SPARKLINGARIA,MOONBLAST,HYPERVOICE,MISTYTERRAIN
Item = PRIMARIUMZ
Pokemon = VAPOREON,56
Name = Sandy
Pokemon = CLOYSTER,56
Pokemon = LANTURN,56
Name = Nebby
Pokemon = ARAQUANID,56
DynamaxLvl = 9
TrainerAce = yes

tyssonpark

Novice
Are you sure that the Pokemon youre giving the Z-Moves to have the appropriate moves to trigger the exclusive Z-Moves? For instance, does Primarina have Sparkling Aria in order to trigger its Oceanic Operetta Z-Move?

And im aware of the Dynamax Adventure difficulty. Its specifically meant to be hard, much more so than in the main series. I plan to implement measures to allow for difficulty adjustments in future updates, but nothing any time soon. Im not really sure what your question is asking me otherwise.
Pikachu and Primarina used the common moves, but dont the z move, when I put a normal Z crystal I don't have this problem, I put an IciumZ on an alola vulpix, and he basically used it when going into battle

tyssonpark

Novice
hey friend,I saw in the tutorial that there is a way to disable dinamax in battle. is there any way of only the npc cant use the dinamax, but the player can? I tried to remove the trainer ace option, but the trainer kept using dinamax

Lucidious89

Champion
hey friend,I saw in the tutorial that there is a way to disable dinamax in battle. is there any way of only the npc cant use the dinamax, but the player can? I tried to remove the trainer ace option, but the trainer kept using dinamax
NPC's can't Dynamax if no TrainerAce is set. If they're still Dynamaxing, then you must not have compiled your game after changing your trainer data.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Lucidious89, sorry to bother you with this matter, but can i ask you this: Will you update your birthsigns scripts to work in PE v19.1?

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89, sorry to bother you with this matter, but can i ask you this: Will you update your birthsigns scripts to work in PE v19.1?
No. I will, however be updating it for v20.

josemq24

Rookie
Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 8 (coords 36,62), map 91 (Viridian Forest):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE,
[:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop

Yukio

Novice
giving this same bug:

Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 8 (coords 36,62), map 91 (Viridian Forest):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE,
[:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop
This happend to mi too but only in certain maps, i dont know why

Lucidious89

Champion
This happend to mi too but only in certain maps, i dont know why
Idk, I never figured this bug out. Are you guys using the Github version of Essentials by any chance? Apparently the shrunken sprites bug that people have reported was due to the Github dev branch conflicting with the Gen 8 Project, and not related to ZUD. I know this is a completely different bug, but considering I've never been able to replicate this bug, it's likely that the issue isn't related to ZUD and is actually some other incompatibility.

Doubt it, though.

In any case, I'm not concerning myself with the v19.1 version of this plugin anymore, I'm moving on to v20. So I guess this will forever remain a mystery.

Yukio

Novice
Idk, I never figured this bug out. Are you guys using the Github version of Essentials by any chance? Apparently the shrunken sprites bug that people have reported was due to the Github dev branch conflicting with the Gen 8 Project, and not related to ZUD. I know this is a completely different bug, but considering I've never been able to replicate this bug, it's likely that the issue isn't related to ZUD and is actually some other incompatibility.

Doubt it, though.

In any case, I'm not concerning myself with the v19.1 version of this plugin anymore, I'm moving on to v20. So I guess this will forever remain a mystery.
The curious thing is, this not hapend in all the maps, only in a few maps but i can use de simple mode of max raids in all maps.

Demopan

Rookie
i added in the dmax moves in my moves.txt and i even checked that the move ids do not conflict and i get this error when i compile
ANHJD.png

i added in the dmax moves in my moves.txt and i even checked that the move ids do not conflict and i get this error when i compile
View attachment 10664
Read what the Message portion says.
Field 'User' is not a hexadecimal number
Your game is expecting the target to be written in as a number, like it was in older versions.

You've cropped out your screencap so we can't see the version of your game, but based on the names of your scripts and this error message, it seems like you're using a version of Essentials from before v18, so this won't be compatible.

Demopan

Rookie
Read what the Message portion says.

Your game is expecting the target to be written in as a number, like it was in older versions.

You've cropped out your screencap so we can't see the version of your game, but based on the names of your scripts and this error message, it seems like you're using a version of Essentials from before v18, so this won't be compatible.
Yeah but heres the thing
every move uses the defing method from v19 in my game
asad.png

Back