• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED]

Resource ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED] 2023-05-04

Lucidious89

Champion
I keep getting this Error

You didn't install step 2 of the manual script edits correctly. There's a reason I make a note to mind the number of "end"s before pasting.

tyssonpark

Novice
hello my friend, my game was working normally all raids, so now they are all giving this same bug:
[2022-01-26 22:00:39 -0300]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 3 (coords 23,10), map 77 (Area 3):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(1, nil, [ ])

Backtrace:
[ZUD Plugin] Pokemon Bitmaps & Icons.rb:100:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:633:in `pbRaidRewardsScreen'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:449:in `block in pbMaxRaidEntry'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:352:in `loop'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:352:in `pbMaxRaidEntry'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:156:in `pbStartScene'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:815:in `pbStartScreen'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:798:in `pbMaxRaid'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:137:in `eval'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `update'

now a diferent error
[2022-01-27 00:40:20 -0300]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.5]

Message: Script error in event 3 (coords 23,10), map 77 (Area 3):

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, [ ])

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:

Last edited by a moderator:

tyssonpark

Novice
It says right here - you gave it a nil value where it was expecting a Pokemon, and it can't get the species from nothing. Look things over again and make sure you're putting in the right arguments.
I tried all pokecommunity commands on that map and all are giving this error, even the ones I put the pokemon name, and before this command worked, a few days ago it stopped, but not on all maps in the game!

I tried all pokecommunity commands on that map
Why would you think the issue was the wrong command? I told you, it's that you didn't give it the right arguments. Look at the examples on that thread:
1643265186154.png

You have to put in player team size, star level, and then the Pokemon species. (or a set of parameters to generate a species) You were putting in team size, species, and an empty array. You gave the game nothing, so it couldn't do anything with it.
and all are giving this error, even the ones I put the pokemon name,
Because you were putting it in the wrong place.
and before this command worked, a few days ago it stopped, but not on all maps in the game!
If you compare the other events to the one you were having problems with, I bet you'll find that they have their arguments in the right order.

Lucidious89

Champion
Well technically, the way he set up his event SHOULD still work, because the nil rank he entered would just be converted into the appropriate rank number once an appropriate species was generated from the empty array. Its not the cleanest way to go about it, but its still a theoretically valid event.

Truth be told, I dont really know why its not working. This error seems to pop up from time to time with people, even though ive never been able to replicate it. Bad data seems to have somehow got saved to the event, so now its trying to load the Pokemon as an integer of zero instead of as a species. I have a rough idea as to why that may happen, but it would require just completely rewriting the Max Raid script to fix (which ill be doing for the v20 update).

For now, the best advice I can give is just to manually force your dens to reset by holding down CTRL while you access the den.

tyssonpark

Novice
Why would you think the issue was the wrong command? I told you, it's that you didn't give it the right arguments. Look at the examples on that thread:
View attachment 8668
yes as I said, I tested these Butterfree commands exactly as it is written there, I didn't change anything and I had the same problem, this command that you said is wrong was copied from pokemoncomunnity, it says "command for random raid with level random star" anyway, this same command is working perfectly on other maps. see an example I tested yesterday with a more detailed raid.

[2022-01-27 13:50:24 -0300]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.5]

Message: Script error in event 10 (coords 7,5), map 85 (Area 6):

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE, [:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:

Well technically, the way he set up his event SHOULD still work, because the nil rank he entered would just be converted into the appropriate rank number once an appropriate species was generated from the empty array. Its not the cleanest way to go about it, but its still a theoretically valid event.

Truth be told, I dont really know why its not working. This error seems to pop up from time to time with people, even though ive never been able to replicate it. Bad data seems to have somehow got saved to the event, so now its trying to load the Pokemon as an integer of zero instead of as a species. I have a rough idea as to why that may happen, but it would require just completely rewriting the Max Raid script to fix (which ill be doing for the v20 update).

For now, the best advice I can give is just to manually force your dens to reset by holding down CTRL while you access the den.
in this case of this map, all the events that I create even with different id are giving this problem, so the player climbs a ladder to a different map and has the same event (in different map and with different id) and this raid works perfectly.
a shame there is no correction, but I can totally see the team effort, I loved the system, from my heart, I was a little desperate yesterday, because my game is already in circulation among a lot of fans, (around 100+ players) so when they report a bug like this I don't even know what to do, but I'm taking the raids off this map and testing all the others, and deleting so I don't have more problems.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks!

I noticed that the raids were resetting even after saving them on this map, for example: I looked and it was a croagunk, I canceled the event and opened it again and it turned into a snorlax! and it always changed, before that didn't happen. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything else if it helps :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Thobov

Novice
Hello, your ZUD plugin is amazing and has worked flawlessy for months. However, I recently started a new Essentials project with EBDX and Gen 8 project. Now I get a summary error while the installation has been followed and checked by multiple people. All script changes have been applied. (Gen 8 now pre-compiles these scripts with yours merged!) The issue I have now is that Essentials crashes when opening a summary screen of a pokemon.

Error:
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `move_to_learn' for #<PokemonSummary_Scene>

Backtrace:
275:UI_Summary:720:in `block in drawPageFour'
275:UI_Summary:714:in `each'
275:UI_Summary:714:in `drawPageFour'
275:UI_Summary:372:in `drawPage'
275:UI_Summary:1351:in `block in pbScene'
275:UI_Summary:1289:in `loop'
275:UI_Summary:1289:in `pbScene'
275:UI_Summary:1369:in `pbStartScreen'
274:UI_Party:658:in `pbSummary'
274:UI_Party:1303:in `block in pbPokemonScreen'

Could you please solve this for me by answering how to solve the undefined loval variable?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Regards,
Thomas

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, your ZUD plugin is amazing and has worked flawlessy for months. However, I recently started a new Essentials project with EBDX and Gen 8 project. Now I get a summary error while the installation has been followed and checked by multiple people. All script changes have been applied. (Gen 8 now pre-compiles these scripts with yours merged!) The issue I have now is that Essentials crashes when opening a summary screen of a pokemon.

Error:
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `move_to_learn' for #<PokemonSummary_Scene>

Backtrace:
275:UI_Summary:720:in `block in drawPageFour'
275:UI_Summary:714:in `each'
275:UI_Summary:714:in `drawPageFour'
275:UI_Summary:372:in `drawPage'
275:UI_Summary:1351:in `block in pbScene'
275:UI_Summary:1289:in `loop'
275:UI_Summary:1289:in `pbScene'
275:UI_Summary:1369:in `pbStartScreen'
274:UI_Party:658:in `pbSummary'
274:UI_Party:1303:in `block in pbPokemonScreen'

Could you please solve this for me by answering how to solve the undefined loval variable?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Regards,
Thomas
Hmm, well, the error seems to indicate that the "move_to_learn" variable is appearing within the drawPageFour method. Which would be the source of the problem, since there is no reason for the variable to be in that method, so it would make sense if it would be reporting an error of that variable being undefined there. So it sounds like a matter of somebody putting the wrong thing in the wrong place.

Thobov

Novice
Hmm, well, the error seems to indicate that the "move_to_learn" variable is appearing within the drawPageFour method. Which would be the source of the problem, since there is no reason for the variable to be in that method, so it would make sense if it would be reporting an error of that variable being undefined there. So it sounds like a matter of somebody putting the wrong thing in the wrong place.
Thank you for hinting it towards placing the code in the wrong place! Your answer was very helpful. It now has been fixed. It simply was an issue of me and others overlooking wrongly placed code. :)

ashurima

Rookie
plz help i get this error every time a pokemon uses a move after installing this plugin

[2022-02-09 23:43:34 -0600]

Message: undefined method `pbEffectsAfterMove' for #<PokeBattle_Battler>

Backtrace:
155:Battler_UseMove:538:in `pbUseMove'
[ZUD Plugin] Move Conversions.rb:318:in `pbUseMove'
[ZUD Plugin] Move Conversions.rb:282:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
[ZUD Plugin] Move Conversions.rb:282:in `pbProcessTurn'
181:Battle_Phase_Attack:126:in `block (2 levels) in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
181:Battle_Phase_Attack:122:in `each'
181:Battle_Phase_Attack:122:in `block in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
181:Battle_Phase_Attack:108:in `loop'
181:Battle_Phase_Attack:108:in `pbAttackPhaseMoves'

Attachments

• erroressentials2.png
    erroressentials2.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
I checked the tutorial and even when I copied the examples, the ones I wanted to do made a ditto. I tried doing it on my own, it made a ditto. I am very confused, all I wanted to do was pull from the encounter table of the route I was on and that didn't work. Then I tried just specifying rank 1 grassland and it pulled a rank 2 ditto. After every attempt I reset my save file so I knew it wasn't just using the last raid there. Why wouldn't it work?
Also the ditto has 14 turns, even though it should be 10.

Lucidious89

Champion
I checked the tutorial and even when I copied the examples, the ones I wanted to do made a ditto. I tried doing it on my own, it made a ditto. I am very confused, all I wanted to do was pull from the encounter table of the route I was on and that didn't work. Then I tried just specifying rank 1 grassland and it pulled a rank 2 ditto. After every attempt I reset my save file so I knew it wasn't just using the last raid there. Why wouldn't it work?
Also the ditto has 14 turns, even though it should be 10.
The only reasons you would get a Ditto as your result is if:
A) The species you entered doesn't exist in your pokemon PBS data.
B) You entered a species or a form of a species that is banned from appearing in raids.
C) You entered a combination of criteria (Type, Habitat, Region, Raid Rank, etc) that cannot produce a viable species that matches those criteria.
D) You left the species as nil to draw a species from your current map, but the map/location of the raid event has no viable species to pull from. The placement of the raid event matters here (if its on a water tile, it'll only spawn species found as Surfing encounters, if its on a grass tile, it'll only spawn land encounters, etc).
E) You edited an existing Raid Den event that was spawning Ditto to spawn a new species instead, but never reset the initial event (through defeating/capturing the Pokemon, or manually resetting in Debug mode by holding CTRL upon entry).
F) Simply user error (typos, incorrectly setting up the den, etc).

It's hard for me to guess what your particular issue is, since I don't know how modified your game is and I don't know how exactly you're setting up your events. But I can assume it's probably either reasons C, D, E, or F, based on your description. Try testing a bit more by simplifying your raids.

Try creating a brand new event, (NOT simply editing an existing one) like this:
Ruby:
pbMaxRaid(nil, nil, [])
And see what happens. What SHOULD spawn is a random species with a rank that is adjusted to suit your current badge count, in whatever your default battle style is (1v1, 2v1, 3v1). This is the most generic possible raid you can make, so if it STILL spawns Ditto, there's a much deeper problem going on with your scripts.

If the event works as intended however, then the issue is simply on your end setting up improper events due to one of my outlined reasons above.

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
The only reasons you would get a Ditto as your result is if:
A) The species you entered doesn't exist in your pokemon PBS data.
B) You entered a species or a form of a species that is banned from appearing in raids.
C) You entered a combination of criteria (Type, Habitat, Region, Raid Rank, etc) that cannot produce a viable species that matches those criteria.
D) You left the species as nil to draw a species from your current map, but the map/location of the raid event has no viable species to pull from. The placement of the raid event matters here (if its on a water tile, it'll only spawn species found as Surfing encounters, if its on a grass tile, it'll only spawn land encounters, etc).
E) You edited an existing Raid Den event that was spawning Ditto to spawn a new species instead, but never reset the initial event (through defeating/capturing the Pokemon, or manually resetting in Debug mode by holding CTRL upon entry).
F) Simply user error (typos, incorrectly setting up the den, etc).

It's hard for me to guess what your particular issue is, since I don't know how modified your game is and I don't know how exactly you're setting up your events. But I can assume it's probably either reasons C, D, E, or F, based on your description. Try testing a bit more by simplifying your raids.

Try creating a brand new event, (NOT simply editing an existing one) like this:
Ruby:
pbMaxRaid(nil, nil, [])
And see what happens. What SHOULD spawn is a random species with a rank that is adjusted to suit your current badge count, in whatever your default battle style is (1v1, 2v1, 3v1). This is the most generic possible raid you can make, so if it STILL spawns Ditto, there's a much deeper problem going on with your scripts.

If the event works as intended however, then the issue is simply on your end setting up improper events due to one of my outlined reasons above.
Oh, thanks. I didn't actually know about it needing to be on the tile that could generate encounters.

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh, thanks. I didn't actually know about it needing to be on the tile that could generate encounters.
Yeah, otherwise it doesn't know what encounter table to be pulling from. I COULD have just made it pull from all encounter tables, but then if you put the raid event in the middle of a forest or something, it could randomly spawn surfing encounters as well (say, if you have a tiny pool somewhere on the map), which would be weird. So instead, the event checks if an encounter is available on the actual tile its on, and pulls from that encounter table. If no encounter is available on that tile (its on empty road or something), then it spawns Ditto since no encounters are available on that tile.

Maq47

Novice
I'm getting an error with this plugin (v1.1.4) and Generation 8 Project (v1.1.2) together. It seems that the latest G8P's custom sprite scaler doesn't talk well with the latest ZUD plugin... The error message is when I look at any Egg in Summary:

Edit: I also get the same error when an Egg hatches.

Code:
=================

[2022-02-25 15:27:12 -0500]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Message: undefined method `front_sprite_scale' for #<GameData::Species>

Backtrace:
340:EBDX_Wrapper_Compatibility:308:in `egg_sprite_bitmap'
[ZUD Plugin] Species Data.rb:186:in `sprite_bitmap_from_pokemon'
[ZUD Plugin] Pokemon Bitmaps & Icons.rb:96:in `setPokemonBitmap'
274:UI_Summary:125:in `pbStartScene'
274:UI_Summary:1350:in `pbStartScreen'
273:UI_Party:670:in `pbSummary'
273:UI_Party:1288:in `block in pbPokemonScreen'
273:UI_Party:1187:in `loop'
273:UI_Party:1187:in `pbPokemonScreen'
269:UI_PauseMenu:182:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartPokemonMenu'

Last edited:

Maq47

Novice
Did you compile your game?
Let me try that again. I'm pretty sure it compiled yesterday, but it since hasn't been compiled.

Did you compile your game?
Compiled, and still get the crash.

I fixed it. For some reason, my 008_Species.rb file was reverted to G8P v1.1.0's format instead of v1.1.2's format. It was missing front_sprite_scale definitions...

Now I'm getting a different error:

Code:
=================

[2022-02-25 16:11:09 -0500]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
340:EBDX_Wrapper_Compatibility:136:in `*'
340:EBDX_Wrapper_Compatibility:136:in `refresh'
340:EBDX_Wrapper_Compatibility:39:in `initialize'