• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED]

Resource ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] [DEPRECATED] 2023-05-04

Lucidious89

Champion

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer
Love this I wish I could make more content like this as with the VS Seeker

Lucidious89

Champion
Can you dynamax the enemy or use a Z attack in normal battle?

This can be found in the linked tutorials:
For full guides on how to utilize each mechanic, and how they work, check the PokeCommunity version of this thread.

Yeah, I know I did something wrong hahaha, I'm not exactly sure what tho.
View attachment 7140
Do you think someone could help me? I'm not sure what happened. I put in an event pbMaxRaid, the raid pulled up (said ditto, cause I haven't set it to anything else yet) but I'm not sure what else I did wrong.
I can't replicate this error, neither in vanilla Essentials nor the Gen 8 Project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.1 Update

Minor Changes:
  • Fixed an issue regarding sprite scaling when utilizing versions older than v1.1.2 of the Gen 8 Project.
  • Added several missing patches necessary for compatibility with Modular Battle Scene in the ZUD Compatibilities plugin.
  • Tweaked how the ZUD Compatibilities plugin is set up so that it can be utilized in the future more generally with other plugins, rather than solely for EBDX.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.2 Update

Minor Fixes:
  • The Pokedex will now properly display the footprint icon of a G-Max species. A footprint graphic must be added first, however, for it to be displayed for that species. Footprint graphics for G-Max species should use the same naming convention as all other G-Max graphics (ex. CHARIZARD_gmax).

ZUD Compatibilities
  • The ZUD Compatibilities plugin has been updated to v1.1. It now contains patches to allow for compatibility with the...

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Heya, I've made custom special Z-moves for some pokemon, but it doesn't let the pokemon hold the Z-crystal. Now, if I debug the Z-crystal onto them it works, but I was wondering if you knew why this is?

This is what I have made in the ZUD Power_Moves PBS:
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_1
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_2
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_3

This is what I have in the moves.txt file:
1092,CASTASTROFORM,CASTastroFORM,Z003,420,NORMAL,Special,0,1,100,NearOther,0,fz,"Castform attacks with 420 power and boosts it's stats."

This is what I have in the items.txt file:
1050,CASTFORMIUMZ,Castformium Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Castform's Weather Ball to an exclusive Z-move.",5,0,14,

Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.3 Update

Change log:
  • Further improved how patches for third party plugins are handled. It should now ensure that all patches for third party plugins are only ever considered if that particular plugin is present.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when using a Z-Move with vanilla Essentials.
  • Fixed a visual bug with EBDX where a Transformed Pokemon may revert to its original sprite after Dynamax ends, instead of retaining the copied sprite.
  • Added an array of Z-Crystals in the...

Lucidious89

Champion
Heya, I've made custom special Z-moves for some pokemon, but it doesn't let the pokemon hold the Z-crystal. Now, if I debug the Z-crystal onto them it works, but I was wondering if you knew why this is?

This is what I have made in the ZUD Power_Moves PBS:
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_1
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_2
ZMoveEx = CASTASTROFORM,CASTFORMIUMZ,WEATHERBALL,CASTFORM_3

This is what I have in the moves.txt file:
1092,CASTASTROFORM,CASTastroFORM,Z003,420,NORMAL,Special,0,1,100,NearOther,0,fz,"Castform attacks with 420 power and boosts it's stats."

This is what I have in the items.txt file:
1050,CASTFORMIUMZ,Castformium Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Castform's Weather Ball to an exclusive Z-move.",5,0,14,

Do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong?
An oversight on the instructions on my part. You must also add the item ID of your new Z-Crystal to the array of Z-Crystals found in the [002]Data Additions/Item Handlers script. I completely forgot about this.

I've released a new update to the plugin that moves this array to the Settings script instead, so it's more easily accessible. I've also updated the tutorial instructions to reflect this.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
An oversight on the instructions on my part. You must also add the item ID of your new Z-Crystal to the array of Z-Crystals found in the [002]Data Additions/Item Handlers script. I completely forgot about this.

I've released a new update to the plugin that moves this array to the Settings script instead, so it's more easily accessible. I've also updated the tutorial instructions to reflect this.
Aight, awesome! Thanks so much!

lan vuhoang

Novice
Does I have to redo the script and PBS updates after updating? I always replace the scripts.rxdata, items.txt and moves.txt with the one from Gen 8 Project and redo the edits just to be safe, but it's also time consuming.

Lucidious89

Champion
Does I have to redo the script and PBS updates after updating? I always replace the scripts.rxdata, items.txt and moves.txt with the one from Gen 8 Project and redo the edits just to be safe, but it's also time consuming.
None of that is necessary. The only files that are affected by updates are what goes in the Plugins folder, unless the update change log specifically mentions that something elsewhere has been changed.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.4 Update

Minor Update!
This plugin has been updated to v1.1.4.
Yes, another update. Sorry for the inconvenience. Several new issues have come to my attention that needed fixing.

Change Log:
  • Added missing metrics for Gen 7 Pokemon in ZUD_Metrics (for Vanilla Essentials).
  • Undid a change in the previous update that added an array of Z-Crystals to the ZUD Settings script. This caused unintended issues, so I'm moving it back to [002]Data Additions/Item Handlers, where it was...

Lucidious89

Champion
Upon updating and adding in the Item Handlers for my custom Z-Crystals, this error started popping up before any type of battle
Any help would be appreciated
Im not sure what custom Z-Crystals have to do with this error, as it's pointing to something relating to EBDX. I don't really know what the issue is, I can't replicate this. Perhaps try updating your EBDX? Your version is out of date.

Besides that, I don't know what to say other than test without your custom stuff and see if the error persists.

mark2826

Novice
Whenever I open the Pokedex I get the following error:

Pokedex Error

I'm using the vanilla Pokedex so I'm not sure where the issue is coming from.

Fobby

local weirdo
Maybe I'm just a stupid idiot and didn't find it, but how do I put the Max lair and adventure?

Lucidious89

Champion
Maybe I'm just a stupid idiot and didn't find it, but how do I put the Max lair and adventure?
There's tutorials for every mechanic found in the plugin in the PokeCommunity thread, which is linked in the post.

Whenever I open the Pokedex I get the following error:

Pokedex Error

I'm using the vanilla Pokedex so I'm not sure where the issue is coming from.
I can't replicate this error, so I don't know what to tell you. Are you sure this error occurs as a consequence of the ZUD Plugin? Does the Pokedex function correctly when the ZUD Plugin scripts are removed?

It looks like you have custom species implemented in your game, so I have to assume the error is on your end, and not the plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark2826

Novice
I actually do have custom species added to my game. Can you let me know how that would cause this error? It'll help me find a solution on my end.

Back