• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

MakerBlack

Trainer
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I'm a lover of your script!You've made big upgrades that few would dare do!I have something to ask for, I hope it's not a big deal.Could you provide optional support among players to, when collecting Pokemon from Pokeball, play a specific animation if it is another type of Pokeball?Like Great, Ultra, Premierball.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I can't seem to get it to install correctly. I'm running the latest GitHub version but it keeps telling me I need to have v19.1 hotfixes to work
So get the v19.1 Hotfixes then.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I'm a lover of your script!You've made big upgrades that few would dare do!I have something to ask for, I hope it's not a big deal.Could you provide optional support among players to, when collecting Pokemon from Pokeball, play a specific animation if it is another type of Pokeball?Like Great, Ultra, Premierball.
You still haven't made the 26 animations you promised you would when you requested this feature on Pokécommunity. I'll definitely add them once you provide graphics for them.

briochhe

Rookie
I'm getting a minor bug when I walk through map connections, the sprite transition of the follower is not smooth. Something happens with the sprite and the effect, the animation get a "jump" and looks very unnatural in gameplay. there's a way to correct that?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I'm getting a minor bug when I walk through map connections, the sprite transition of the follower is not smooth. Something happens with the sprite and the effect, the animation get a "jump" and looks very unnatural in gameplay. there's a way to correct that?
This is just a bug with Dependent Events in general, and not something I can fix unfortunately. Later versions of Essentials are slated to fix this, so keep an eye out.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
The GitHub version includes everything that is in the 19.1 fixes and more. I've been told you don't need them if you are running the GitHub version
It doesn't matter, just get the fixes like you have been asked to do. If you have the GitHub version, then you won't notice any change. Since the script is made for base v19.1 first and foremost, and dependent events have bugs in base v19.1, the script requires the hotfixes to be installed. I can't make special versions of the script for each individual game.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Following Pokemon EX with a new update entry:

Bugfixes and Changes

• Added a toggle to prevent followers from always changing their direction, to closely mimic HGSS.
    Added an option to add a key to cycle through the player's Party Pokemon in the overworld.
    Rearranged almost all the scripts to make it easier to edit and keep track of changes.
    Made the rate of animation of the Following Pokemon's overworld FPS Agnostic.
    The status condition tones now have a pulsing effect, and the colors have been improved. They aren't bright and annoying to look at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

DeltaZ

Novice
Hello.
I installed Follower Pokemon correctly and completely. It works fine too, but I encountered a bug and need help. The problem is that after restarting the game you can no longer interact with the Pokemon (no sound, no animation). Only running after it works. As soon as the script and the files are reinstalled, everything works again, but not when you restart.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Hello.
I installed Follower Pokemon correctly and completely. It works fine too, but I encountered a bug and need help. The problem is that after restarting the game you can no longer interact with the Pokemon (no sound, no animation). Only running after it works. As soon as the script and the files are reinstalled, everything works again, but not when you restart.
Did you skip step 1 of the installation instructions by any chance? The plugin installation involves replacing your CommonEvents.rxdata, and if you skip step 1, RMXP overwrites the changed data files with default data and you lose the changes. This will make Following Pokemon un-interactable.

DeltaZ

Novice
Yes everything works now. But I noticed another mistake. When I change the Pokemon, the sprite is not changed. This only happens when I reload the map. What can you do about it?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Yes everything works now. But I noticed another mistake. When I change the Pokemon, the sprite is not changed. This only happens when I reload the map. What can you do about it?
Are you using any of the BW UI Plugins, specifically the party one. If no, then could I have a list of plugins that you are using?

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Someone informed me of a bug with Followers EX
It has to do with using Field Move TM's where the Pokemon moves/displaces the player, in this example Headbutt.

1628254526843.png

This is what they gave me, I am just coming off a 12 hr shift and going to sleep but I wanted to report this issue.

Apparently, depending on which way the follower is facing it is possible for the player to become displaced onto a solid(non pathable) tile.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Apparently, depending on which way the follower is facing it is possible for the player to become displaced onto a solid(non pathable) tile.
This bug has already been reported and will be fixed in the next update. It's an unintended consequence of having the ALWAYS_FACE_PLAYER set to false in the Following Pokemon settings. If you urgently need to fix this then just set that value to true.

MSGTNP

Rookie
I know I'm being a idiot here but can I get the link to the v19.1 hotfixes? I can't seem to find any Github for this plugin and apparently it doesn't come with 20.7

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize the hotfix was from essentials itself.

Last edited:

puksbc

Rookie
Hi, how can i disable the follower sliding battle intro animation? thanks

Back