• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Hello! Can I ask where and how to change the items the pkm gives to you when you talk to them? the one "it seens to be holding something"
using v19

Desbrina

Trainer
The follower sprite doesn't seem to refresh after a trade until you move to another map, is there an easy way to make it refresh?
Also seems to occur with evolutions from the menu (using items) as well

Last edited:

BrockRockSock

Tooltrainer
I've seen this in games like Splice, so I'm wondering how do you make only one Pokémon follow you?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I'm just having slight problem with the following pokemon not jumping over the ledge and also glitches each time you change into a new map. Thanks for the help.
Should be fixed in the next update. You're welcome.

Hello! Can I ask where and how to change the items the pkm gives to you when you talk to them? the one "it seens to be holding something"
using v19
Easy, just read the instructions for "Dialogue Configuration" in the instructions and look for where "pbPokemonFound" is in the appropriate rb file. There you'll see an array of items to edit.

The follower sprite doesn't seem to refresh after a trade until you move to another map, is there an easy way to make it refresh?
Also seems to occur with evolutions from the menu (using items) as well
The trading thing should be fixed in the next update. Thank you for reporting. But what exactly do you mean by "Evolutions from the menu"? There are many many menus in Pokemon Essentials, so you'll need to specify what menu it is.

I've seen this in games like Splice, so I'm wondering how do you make only one Pokémon follow you?
The way Pokemon Splice handles it involves heavily modifying this script. However you can also juse use regular dependent events to recreate similar functionality, incase you don't know how to code.

Montykore

Internet Clown
Forgive me if it's been answered before, but is there any way to have the follower use only their first frame when idle instead of just a continuous walk cycle? I'm a bit new on the coding side.

Either way, thank you for the fantastic resource!

kallisto

Rookie
I know you're likely working on an update for the script but I thought I would report a bug I noticed. With this script installed, the game seems to drop frames when running in grass (as in encounter grass), but only after the game has been running for a while. If I save and relaunch the game, the frames no longer drop but will eventually do so after running in grass again later on. Tested this on a vanilla install of v19.1 as well to ensure it isn't a matter of compatibility between scripts.

ImErebus_

Rookie
So I noticed was having a problem with Illusion not changing Zorua and Zoroark's sprite at the beginning of battle, and I decided to troubleshoot it by reinstalling all of my plugins one at a time and testing. Apparently Following Pokemon EX doesn't change the sprite if they're at the beginning of your party. I just thought I should let this bug be known.

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
@StarWolff Golisopod User advised me to change:

pbPokemonFound(rand(items.length))

to pbPokemonFound(items.sample)

This fixed the bug.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Following Pokemon EX with a new update entry:

Big End-of-the-year update

• Instructions under "Usage of Script" have also been updated to detail the new configuration constants and method names.
  • If you are updating from an older version, please make sure to delete the original plugin folder ie Plugins/Following Pokemon EX before updating, so that the old changes don't overwrite the new changes.
  • If you are updating from an older version, please make sure to update the Animations.rxdata as well.
  • If you are not using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Forgive me if it's been answered before, but is there any way to have the follower use only their first frame when idle instead of just a continuous walk cycle? I'm a bit new on the coding side.

Either way, thank you for the fantastic resource!
Read the Usage Instructions, specifically under Configuration Constants.

I know you're likely working on an update for the script but I thought I would report a bug I noticed. With this script installed, the game seems to drop frames when running in grass (as in encounter grass), but only after the game has been running for a while. If I save and relaunch the game, the frames no longer drop but will eventually do so after running in grass again later on. Tested this on a vanilla install of v19.1 as well to ensure it isn't a matter of compatibility between scripts.
I haven't encountered any such bug, and you haven't really stated what the result of testing in a clean copy of v19.1 was, so I'll assume its an issue on your end.

So I noticed was having a problem with Illusion not changing Zorua and Zoroark's sprite at the beginning of battle, and I decided to troubleshoot it by reinstalling all of my plugins one at a time and testing. Apparently Following Pokemon EX doesn't change the sprite if they're at the beginning of your party. I just thought I should let this bug be known.
I haven't encountered any such bug. But I clearly remember Illusion being bugged in v19. Please update to the latest Essentials v19.1 and the v19.1 Hotfixes.

DeltaZ

Novice
I have a problem. I updated Following Pokemon EX to the latest version and now I get this message. I used EBDX and not a Gen 8 project.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 169

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I have a problem. I updated Following Pokemon EX to the latest version and now I get this message. I used EBDX and not a Gen 8 project.
Read the installation instructions.

Paradise-cub

Rookie
It seems to work fine until after the character is named, then I get this,
would super appreciate any help in figuring out where I went wrong
dgbfxcgfbd.PNG

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
It seems to work fine until after the character is named, then I get this,
would super appreciate any help in figuring out where I went wrong.
What other plugins are you using? One of your plugins is conflicting with the Generation 8 Project. This has nothing to do with Following Pokemon EX.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Only phantombass's SpeedUp
and the v19.1 Essentials hotfixes
Ok. Is this the latest version of the plugin? If not, then could you update to the latest version and confirm whether this bug occurs there too?

Back