• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Thunder

Novice
The game crashes whenever "removeAllButFollower" is called, such as when blacking out, because it isn't supplying the name argument. The name argument isn't used anyway. Thanks.

Last edited:

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

DannyPhantump

(He's a Phantump)
Hey, just wanted to re-iterate how fun & awesome this script is, thank you very much for coding a v18 version!

If ya got time & interest, it'd be dope if you could re-incorporate the option to allow field switching from the original follower pokemon script?
  • Basically, if set to TRUE, the player can press A and immediately change the lead Pokemon without opening the menu. Sure, it wasn't in HGSS, but it was a nice quality of life addition from the original script.
  • If you're not sure what I'm referring to, you can pull up the original script by mej71 and use CTRL + F to look for "ALLOWFIELDSWITCHING"

No worries if not, just offering a possible suggestion for a future update. Regardless, this is definitely one of, if not, my favorite Essentials v18 scripts out there

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
Though I am not sure if this is intentional, from what I know from HGSS, you are missing two emotions, Sad and Upset (the ? and ! are technically already in default essentials). Heck, there is even a HGSS emotion guide and you are missing some emotion dialogues: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210589

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Though I am not sure if this is intentional, from what I know from HGSS, you are missing two emotions, Sad and Upset (the ? and ! are technically already in default essentials). Heck, there is even a HGSS emotion guide and you are missing some emotion dialogues: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210589
Feel free to add them yourself. The script is extremely modular. All the dialogue is controlled by the scripts in Follower_Config so it shouldn't be very difficult to add your dialogue in. I personally don't care about the animations, these are the ones that came with the old followers script, and I can't be bothered to add anything to them because I don't use these Animations in my own game. If you wanna add to the script, in terms of dialogue and animation, and would like to see that added to the main script, just PM me.

Sorgen

Rookie
Hi there! After receiving the First pokémon, it seems to take some time before it spawns in the overworld. I've placed the pbPokemonFollow(x) event next to the dude that gives you a pokemon, but what should the trigger be? I have it on "player touch" at the moment.

Hi, I've got it working, but it does seem to take a while for the pokemon to spawn after receiving it.
I have placed the pbPokemonFollow(x) event next to the guy that gives it, and the trigger (at the moment) is Action Button. Is there a different trigger that makes the pokemon spawn faster?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've got it working, but it does seem to take a while for the pokemon to spawn after receiving it.
I have placed the pbPokemonFollow(x) event next to the guy that gives it, and the trigger (at the moment) is Action Button. Is there a different trigger that makes the pokemon spawn faster?
pbPokemonFollow(X) is the script that starts the following, it's not the event for the Pokemon itself. The guy who gives the Pokemon should run pbPokemonFollow(X) right after giving the Pokemon.

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi! Beautiful Script!

I was using the previous version in my project which is already quite advanced with many modifications in V 17.2.

I managed to edit my script to make some small features compatible.

Anyone know how I could make the first Pokemon slide into battle on an Elite Battle System?

It's the only feature I'm missing and my game is based on anime, so it's really key.

I appreciate if anyone has a clue.

Successes with your projects and thank you!

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
Great script and great job massively overhauling it for the modern era.

One minor note, animations for the come out/come in appear above the player, which can look jarring:
anim_over.PNG

Adding false, 1 to the anim lines (i.e. addUserAnimation(Animation_Come_Out,@realEvents[i].x,@realEvents[i].y,false,1)) fixes it.

LackDeJurane

Novice
So we have this pokecenter event earlier which was easy to control using game switches. How do we imitate it such that the follower gets toggled off when the nurse takes in the ball along with a separate condition that if the followers are toggled off, then no such animation takes place? I am basically asking if this is possible to do so with if/else statements within an event.

iceberg0549

Rookie
I keep getting this error. does anyone know what i need to do to fix it?

Script'Follower_Main' line 579: Name Error Occured.
undefined method 'pbGetTerrianTag' for class 'Object'

I am using V19 of pokemon essentials

LackDeJurane

Novice
I keep getting this error. does anyone know what i need to do to fix it?

Script'Follower_Main' line 579: Name Error Occured.
undefined method 'pbGetTerrianTag' for class 'Object'

I am using V19 of pokemon essentials
This script isn't compatible with v19

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

DaisukeDoi7

Rookie
I think this might be due to the v19 Hotfixes plugin, but I follow your directions on the page, and the debug window tells me that "overworld shadows EX" has been compiled, but not Following Pokemon, and then the game gives me this error when I try to start a new game. I'm unsure if this is a bug or not, and I swear that I am following your directions.

Attachments

• 1620681485542.png
    1620681485542.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 196

REALMUGEN

Trainer
I have this error when i try to compile the graphics : /

I follow the instructions of the post, maybe something change :C

Error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 19]
[v19 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - Graphics/Characters/Front/BULBASAUR.png not found.

Backtrace:
354:Compiler_SpriteRenamer:16:in `initialize'
354:Compiler_SpriteRenamer:16:in `new'
354:Compiler_SpriteRenamer:16:in `copy'
354:Compiler_SpriteRenamer:23:in `move'
[Following Pokemon EX] 003_Follower_Main.rb:282:in `block in convert_pokemon_ows'
[Following Pokemon EX] 003_Follower_Main.rb:276:in `each'
[Following Pokemon EX] 003_Follower_Main.rb:276:in `each_with_index'
[Following Pokemon EX] 003_Follower_Main.rb:276:in `convert_pokemon_ows'
[Following Pokemon EX] 003_Follower_Main.rb:290:in `convert_files'
350:Compiler:733:in `compile_all'

nathan_day

Rookie
I think this might be due to the v19 Hotfixes plugin, but I follow your directions on the page, and the debug window tells me that "overworld shadows EX" has been compiled, but not Following Pokemon, and then the game gives me this error when I try to start a new game. I'm unsure if this is a bug or not, and I swear that I am following your directions.
same exact error here... i tried deleting pluginscripts to reinit but still same error

temp fix:
in 004_follower_overrides.rb line 679 - 682 put # before the 4 lines, this will bypass the error but there is no way to toggle follower

Last edited:

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Back