• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
looking for some resources from BW characters: surfing, diving, fishing, bike. I need them, it would be really helpful.
I know there are those from The Spriet Resource but i am not good with aligning sprites

This here could hep you out, that is if you mind downloading an entire game kit. Here's another one.

Last edited:

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Does anyone know if someone's taken the trainer classes added in gen 6 + 7 and made gen 5 style overworlds for them? (or even gen 4 since those are editable, but gen 5 is preferred). Thanks!

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Is there any place with a download for every gen 6 pokemon front and back sprites in a DPP style?

Kioshi Hoshitsuya

Trainer
Does anyone have the X/Y, OR/AS, S/M/US/UM stats increase and decrease sound effect? I tried searching it up but I didn't find anything. If someone does find it please post it here. Thanks in advance!

FunnySpriter

Novice
im having a problem this error showed saying wrong number of arguments (5 for 2) here is my script
#===============================================================================
# Cut
#===============================================================================
def Kernel.pbCut
possiblemoves=[:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH]
if $DEBUG ||
(HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES ? $Trainer.numbadges>=BADGEFORCUT : $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT])
for i in possiblemoves
move=getID(PBMoves,i)
movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(move)
if $DEBUG || movefinder
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",speciesname,PBMoves.getName(move)))
pbSEPlay("frlg_cut",100)
pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
return true
end
else
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down.")) if i==possiblemoves[possiblemoves.length-1]
end
end
else
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down."))
end
return false
end

HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.add(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH,proc{|move,pkmn|
if !$DEBUG &&
!(HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES ? $Trainer.numbadges>=BADGEFORCUT : $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT])
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Sorry, a new Badge is required."))
return false
end
facingEvent=$game_player.pbFacingEvent
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Tree"
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Can't use that here."))
return false
end
return true
})

HiddenMoveHandlers::UseMove.add(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH,proc{|move,pokemon|
if !pbHiddenMoveAnimation(pokemon)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",pokemon.name,PBMoves.getName(move)))
end
if facingEvent
facingEvent.erase
$PokemonMap.addErasedEvent(facingEvent.id)
end
return true
})

what the problem

im having a problem this error showed saying wrong number of arguments (5 for 2) here is my script
# Cut
def Kernel.pbCut
possiblemoves=[:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH]
if $DEBUG ||
(HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES ? $Trainer.numbadges>=BADGEFORCUT : $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT])
for i in possiblemoves
move=getID(PBMoves,i)
movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(move)
if $DEBUG || movefinder
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",speciesname,PBMoves.getName(move)))
pbSEPlay("frlg_cut",100)
pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
return true
end
else
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down.")) if i==possiblemoves[possiblemoves.length-1]
end
end
else
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down."))
end
return false
end

HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.add(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH,proc{|move,pkmn|
if !$DEBUG &&
!(HIDDENMOVESCOUNTBADGES ? $Trainer.numbadges>=BADGEFORCUT : $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT])
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Sorry, a new Badge is required."))
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Tree"
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Can't use that here."))
return false
end
return true
})

HiddenMoveHandlers::UseMove.add(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH,proc{|move,pokemon|
if !pbHiddenMoveAnimation(pokemon)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",pokemon.name,PBMoves.getName(move)))
end
if facingEvent
facingEvent.erase
$PokemonMap.addErasedEvent(facingEvent.id)
end
return true
})

what the problem

This is a resource request thread and not a help thread, so please post here next time. Anyway I plugged in what you posted and got an error too, but it specifically mentioned that the error was on line 218.

Line 218 is specifically this one:

On the wiki page we were talking about, it points out a couple of specific lines that need to be changed:
HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH)
HiddenMoveHandlers::UseMove.copy(:CUT,:SLASH,:LEAFBLADE,:NIGHTSLASH)

So I changed that one word, and compiled the game again. I then got the same error for line 232, but it was that second line pointed out on the wiki, so I changed the same thing there too. The game then compiled without an error message, so I think that small change was the only issue.

Anybody ever formatted gen the 4 NPCs for their game?
There's raw resources available of the sprites, it's just a time sink to format them all for Essentials and I'd bet that a lot of people are doing/have done the exact same work.

I'm quoting myself from a year ago because I'm looking again.
I've found this pack full of recolors and half done sprite sheets, and there's this pack but the link goes through an ad and leads to the Chrome store...Is there an existing pack for gen 4 overworlds, or has everyone been formatting themselves?

moca

Aki's Favorite; Next Mod
I'm quoting myself from a year ago because I'm looking again.
I've found this pack full of recolors and half done sprite sheets, and there's this pack but the link goes through an ad and leads to the Chrome store...Is there an existing pack for gen 4 overworlds, or has everyone been formatting themselves?

I downloaded this pack years ago named "Neo-Spriteman's Resource Pack" and when I googled the name, this thread came out. It seems like some people reuploaded the resources on this page. Hope this helps!

Uax

Novice
Hi guys! To learn unity I'm actually programming a copy of gen 2 pokemon game (gold,silver,crystal) but multiplayer. I already found the tilesets I need, but I'm not yet be able to find the water/flower animation images (I mean the sequence of 3-4 tiles).

If anyone got luckier and is willing to share them I would appreciate a lot!

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru

thebigguy270

Trainer
Now that the old Elite Battle System link is down, has someone reuploaded it somewhere?
I'm trying to animate my trainers in the battle screen.

Last edited:

Marina

Cooltrainer
Can I ask for a tutorial on how to implement the bank system in your game?
I've been following PE Wikia Tutorial on how to add this, but I just don't get it and don't know how to call the script?

chikorita

Novice
Does anybody have the PWT from LukasSJ? I went to his site, but it seems that he get rid of the universal plugin installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back