• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karpy

NinjaFish Legion!
@Karpy then I have some questions. Which gen do you want for the trainer sprites?
do you need Trainer Sprites or Overworld Sprites? or both? please, answer this so I can start making it
id like them gen 3, and only trainer sprites please.

Marina

Cooltrainer
@Karpy:
I'm not really good at spriting but I tried to make those sprites you want:

TYSlw0z.png
c8xurVb.png

For all spriters here, you may take those sprites and edit them to make them look better.

Spring Flower

Beauty lives inside Heart!
I just figured out that after adding abilities in PBS files, we also need to add scripts in script section of the .rmxdata. If someone has those ability list for Gen6-7, please send me.

A script for offline wonder trading. I don't need it in my current game but if someone make it, it will be good

Last edited by a moderator:

Simeo

Normal-Type Self Proclamed Expert
I just figured out that after adding abilities in PBS files, we also need to add scripts in script section of the .rmxdata. If someone has those ability list for Gen6-7, please send me.

A script for offline wonder trading. I don't need it in my current game but if someone make it, it will be good

Gen 6 scripts are already included in pokemon essentials, as for gen 7, a quick search on Pokecommunity will help you find them ^^

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
Does anybody here have Shiney570's BW2 scripts? I can't find them since old relic was taken down

Vendily

Elite Trainer

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
The ability to fight against your own pokemon team, like Mewtwo strikes back or playing as another in game character and having to fight you

EDIT: For clarity sake, imagine you fight an impossiboss at some point and he recks you, then later in the game you play AS the imposiboss and relive that encounter but from his Point of view, where you use his team to dominate your own.

The seeds for this are present, you can clone the players party to a variable/switch, change up their party, then call upon that switch to give the player their team back, and in an old rom hack I played who knows how long ago the Mewtwo strikes back fight happens and it had MY Team. if we had a script that could change the PBS this concept is totally possible

Last edited:

Simeo

Normal-Type Self Proclamed Expert
Does anyone have a v17.2 working multiple save file tutorial? It would be neat

Karpy

NinjaFish Legion!
@Karpy:
I'm not really good at spriting but I tried to make those sprites you want:

TYSlw0z.png
c8xurVb.png

For all spriters here, you may take those sprites and edit them to make them look better.
WOW! they're rlly good! Thanks again!

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
A good number of the scripts on old relic castle still live through Archive.org.
The only major catch is that not everything has been archived, and archive.org tries to redirect the dropbox links and subsequently chokes because it's not allowed to archive them at all. But you can always go to them directly, assuming of course, the dropbox links still work.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't bother to check! I kind of just assumed that it wasn't backed up after seeing that links to other resources didn't work .

Poq

Cooltrainer
The ability to fight against your own pokemon team, like Mewtwo strikes back or playing as another in game character and having to fight you

EDIT: For clarity sake, imagine you fight an impossiboss at some point and he recks you, then later in the game you play AS the imposiboss and relive that encounter but from his Point of view, where you use his team to dominate your own.

The seeds for this are present, you can clone the players party to a variable/switch, change up their party, then call upon that switch to give the player their team back, and in an old rom hack I played who knows how long ago the Mewtwo strikes back fight happens and it had MY Team. if we had a script that could change the PBS this concept is totally possible
Here's a script that lets you define an opponent's team in an event rather than the PBS. With a little extra work, it should help you accomplish this.

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Here's a script that lets you define an opponent's team in an event rather than the PBS. With a little extra work, it should help you accomplish this.
Just made a post over on that thread. Here's hoping it gets answered

chikorita

Novice

Pokécommunity is not working for me right now, but I think one of these threads is what you are looking for:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318191
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355257

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!

Mayama234

Rookie
I am having a very hard time playing the game because it says "Script 'Trainer Detection' line 72:Errno::ENOENT occurred. No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/trainerNearby"

Last edited:

NoodlesButt

Addicted to Jams
I am having a very hard time playing the game because it says "Script 'Trainer Detection' line 72:Errno::ENOENT occurred. No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/trainerNearby"
It says the problem right there, you're missing the image trainerNearby from the pictures folder. Also I don't think this is the place to ask for error help

TheLoreScribe

Rookie
A quick question, but is there anyone on here who could possibly provide a script for changing the physical/special move split so it isn't limited to solely typing? It'd honestly be great if Essentials calculated moves like in HGSS instead of FRLG.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
A quick question, but is there anyone on here who could possibly provide a script for changing the physical/special move split so it isn't limited to solely typing? It'd honestly be great if Essentials calculated moves like in HGSS instead of FRLG.
Settings, Line 95 (as of v17).
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
USEMOVECATEGORY       = true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back