• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already tried to "create" a Script based on his tutorial but with 8 images and show choices, but error messages popped up and I gave up on that. I deleted the script and saved it back in a txt file, for when I need it. For the first time, I used it, the images showed up altogether on one screen, I can't position the graphics to look nice, like in sun/moon and the selection graphic won't show up above the images as one, click on left or right. So I had to remove it and now I'm trying to use the Sun and Moon Gender Selection Script that Ozander posted today. Thank you though
Hope that works for you! Let us know if you decide to go down another route!

radhalla

Rookie
I would love a tutorial from someone who does their mapping in Photoshop; stuff like how to organize layers and tilesets, handy shortcuts, settings and tips to streamline the process/make it less cumbersome, how to import your map into RPG Maker XP etc.
I really want to get used to Photoshop for mapping because of the infinite layers and not being locked into placing everything on the grid, but I just can't seem to figure out how to best go about it.

This is incredibly minor lol, but would anyone be willing to make a tutorial for making nice GIFs of game footage? I've always used EZGif to make GIFs from footage capture with the Windows game bar, and it gets the job done, but I feel like it doesn't look nearly as nice as the other GIFs I see.

Jezza123

Rookie
Hey may i request gen 4 styled indoor gym tilesets because i cannot seem to find any. Thanks and if you can could you send them to my discord

Jezza#0621

Hi evryone! I'm looking for some gym leader, elite four and champions overworld sprite with transparent background from gen 2 to 5.

I've already found something but some I can't find, specifically:

Gen 3

Phoebe

Glacia

Drake

Gen 5

Shauntal

Grimsley

Marshal

Alder

If anyone have these sprite or knows where to find them I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Spriters-resource is your friend! You'll need to format them for RPGMaker, but it shouldn't be too hard, especially if you already have other sprites from that generation!

Gen 5 league is here, sort of towards the middle of the page!

Gen 3 Elite Four is here, towards the bottom middle, but they don't seem to have the walking part of the sprites? I don't know if that's because they don't exist or because they just didn't rip them.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
I found the gen 5 sprite but I need the elite four and Tate & Liza overworld sprite from gen 3 in gen 4 style.
Any help thanks?
I recommend checking out PurpleZaffre on DevianArt. He's done gen 4 style sprites for all gen 3 and most gen 5 gym leaders/elite four/champions

I don't really know what words would describe this so excuse me while I point at things on this screenshot
tumblr_opvycg3l5g1rv6iido1_540.gif

See right above the text box? When the battle starts there's a visual effect of waves while everything is still sliding into place. This visual effect isn't just for the special Red Gyarados fight though, I think it's for any wild encounter (but doesn't happen for trainers) because there's also a grass variation and probably a cave one but this is the image I was able to find showing it. Edit: Found examples and put them below

I know it's a small detail but I've been thinking about it lately, haha.

Edit: I Found examples of other effects
tumblr_ordp6jI2m61rv6iido1_500.gif

tumblr_or2qstTUTp1rv6iido1_500.gif
This was from years ago but I remembered you asked about it and wanted to let you know that bo4p5687 put together a resource for that here! He's been crushing it with resources lately!

overlordnigel

Novice
is there a tutorial for 18.1 for how to add new weather and battleback (iv made new train types and need the give them the right battle back).

TheDarkRattata

Novice
I'm wondering if there are any tutorials or resources out there to have pokemon's base stats improve at certain thresholds, like evolution but for pokemon that don't evolve. What is the best way to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back