• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Cooltrainer
Does anybody have the PWT from LukasSJ? I went to his site, but it seems that he get rid of the universal plugin installer...
I have the same problem. I wanted to open the Universal Plugin Installer but an update appeared and a website of luka.sj and there was written that, it is no longer possible to download the Universal Plugin Installer, which is actually very sad, because we really need this. I wouldn't mind if Marin could take that Plugin Installer and continue the work of Luka.sj. he doesn't need to update it even.

the problem is that we can not open the Plugin Installer due to an update that actually doesn't even exist.
I've heard about PWT in Pokécommunity but idk if it's still there or in the archives. Well, try to google it.

chikorita

Novice
I have the same problem. I wanted to open the Universal Plugin Installer but an update appeared and a website of luka.sj and there was written that, it is no longer possible to download the Universal Plugin Installer, which is actually very sad, because we really need this. I wouldn't mind if Marin could take that Plugin Installer and continue the work of Luka.sj. he doesn't need to update it even.

the problem is that we can not open the Plugin Installer due to an update that actually doesn't even exist.
I've heard about PWT in Pokécommunity but idk if it's still there or in the archives. Well, try to google it.
The thing is, I do have an old script for PWT, but I saw that there was an updated version and wanted to compare to see if it was the same I have, or if it was different in some way. Thanks for replaying (:

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
Hello, I'm looking for some image panoramas that is supposed to be used in a mountain, i.e sky/clouds panoramas. One that fits gen 4 or 5 pkm games style.

If anybody knows a public resource like that please do tell me!

Anime Watcher

dabbling in game design
Does anyone have any Team Rocket player sprites, or could someone help edit the ones I already have? The ones I found are blurry and not really that good. Plus, I think I want the graphics updated a bit.

It would be great if someone knew where I could find:

Fe/Male Grunt Trainer Back
Fe/Male Grunt Fishing
Fe/Male Grunt Surfing
Fe/Male Grunt Riding Bike or Riding a Pokemon
Fe/Male Grunt Diving

It would also be nice if someone could point me toward a player as Team Rocket grunt sprite set that did not look like a regular grunt, maybe younger, smaller, and different hair color or style for example?

On that note, does anyone know where I can find some custom maps of Team Rocket headquarters that kind of look like the anime?

Marina

Cooltrainer
I'm using PokéMonAmie script with the graphics, but I wish there'd be a method to make PokéMiles work. There's even a script for Hyper Training, It'd be cool if there'd be Scripts for Super Training, as well. I saw like someone here made a Tutorial on how to customize your player character, and how to make some poses, like the item get one - the same way you could make an animation on how the player sits on a chair (just need to make ow's for that and do the same method as alaguesia did for the pose. I wish there was another Tutorial for how to customize the player character on Essentials v.17.2 on how to use <outfit $> command in script, a video would be nice.

Sederance

Shuffle AU
Hello, I made some maps in MV but finally have been able to get XP so I wanted to transfer them over. Is there a way to do that?

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
A request regarding fogs:
Fogs are usually drawn on top of everything, ignoring z/priority/layer.
Rustanturf Tunnel's fog is special (animated, too but that's another story) and will be drawn below all characters/events. I tried to replicate this but it got messy when I had to touch priority higher than the player, resulting in those high layer tiles still appearing above the fog. If someone could make a simple customizable script to have certain fogs/panoramas have this effect and be animated (that much I achieved on my own) that'd be great. Just as an additional option, hopefully when the fog has a certain filename or it's a certain map.
52.png

MGriffin

Trainer
yeah sorry
There's no need to apologize. You didn't know how much work it would be. And to be honest, I don't think it's as hard as people make out. If you've never done any programming before it'll take a while for you to get to grips with things, but this thread is probably a good place to start.

Also, here's my first thoughts (from Discord), but I'm not sure how clear they are. Feel free to ask questions.

MGriffin said:
I dunno, it's not actually that hard. Maybe a week's work to hack together a reasonable proof-of-concept? You need a match-making server, and from there you could build a Gen IV GTS-like thing, and P2P battles hook into the "AI" code and communicate the choices over a socket. Synchronization is simple enough, just ensure that both players have the same random seed. Sure, you can't just use Marshall to serialize the Pokémon, but you only need to send things that materially affect the battle—species, level, IVs, EVs, nature, moves, and item?

As far as the thread I linked to goes, my "match-making server" is what Nuri Yuri calls "web host".

Anyway, good luck!

D

Deleted member 1065

I totally agree. (BTW what's said in the second quote is actually what I actually do with PSDK P2P battles xD)

If you have some questions or stuff like that, you can ask in my topic or on Discord. Just make sure you use the right thing at first for what you want to do.

Karpy

NinjaFish Legion!
does anyone have any of these sprites:
Female Pirate Trainer Sprite?
Female Tribal/Wasteland Trainer Sprite?

Karpy

NinjaFish Legion!
does anyone have a snow version of pokemon emeralds "Outside" tile set?
or can someone make one?

Spring Flower

Beauty lives inside Heart!
I am looking for mega evolved pokemon sprites (front, back ,shiny) and Arcues Fairy front back and shiny sprites for size 192x192. Please send me link and the names of those to credit!

Marina

Cooltrainer
@Karpy I found this snow Tileset (3rd Gen):
https://fanart.pokefans.net/ressourcen/tilesets/tileset-schnee.png

There's one custom from Phyromatical:
https://www.deviantart.com/phyromatical/art/Tons-of-Tileset-8-10-Ice-Floe-Tileset-486952675
https://www.deviantart.com/phyromatical/art/Tons-of-Tileset-5-10-Cool-Gaia-Tiles-486527845

I like this one too from ditto209
https://www.deviantart.com/ditto209/art/Winter-Tileset-419617260
https://www.deviantart.com/ditto209/art/Days-of-winter-tileset-566682990

You can find more results here:
https://www.deviantart.com/popular-24-hours/?q=snow+tiles&offset=65

With the Trainers: Maybe I can help, I'm always making gen 3 & gen 4 overworld characters, just give me some images of how they should look like or describe it

Last edited:

Karpy

NinjaFish Legion!
@Marina
Awesome, Thanks!
ive tried that 1st one before but it is VERY small (like when you import it, its only 3x23. a tree is the size of a small grass)

and the Trainers:
and a celtic warrior?
Thanks again.

Marina

Cooltrainer
@Karpy then I have some questions. Which gen do you want for the trainer sprites?
do you need Trainer Sprites or Overworld Sprites? or both? please, answer this so I can start making it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back