• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JudexCypress

Rookie
Hey. So I’m very new to this sort of thing, but my husband and I recently started working on a fan game and learning how to use Essentials, etc. We’ve opted not to use EBS, great as it looks, because of how much extra time we’d have to dump into the level of Pokemon variety we’re shooting for, so it’s mostly vanilla Essentials.. To be clear, I’m not asking for all of these things, none of it is especially urgent, and I’d rather no one go to any length of trouble. But if anyone happens to have such resources on hand already or know the answers to some of my questions, I’d really appreciate it. We’re just learning here, so simple terminology is a safe bet, and I’m sorry if I chose the wrong thread to post in, but people here seem a lot nicer than folks on similar sites. I’ll get to the point.

We’re using v17. We would really like to use key items or something in place of HMs, but the script regarding this seems to have changed since v16, which is what the tutorials I’ve seen have applied to. He’s more suited to that part than I am, though, so I’ll just relay info if anyone knows something that we’re missing. :)
We only want to get as deep into the inner workings of the software as we have to, but will learn to do what’s necessary if the resulting product is worth it.

We’re not 100% certain that we want to include fakemon, but probably would if we had some good sprites and icons. Some extra eeveelutions would be great if anyone has them just lying around and doesn’t mind sharing. It’d be nice to actually add some names to the credit folder for our game!
And two more shots in the dark: it looks like a huge pain, but has anyone tried implementing a windy weather condition, like Mega Rayquaza’s ability in OR/AS? Also, is there a way to make a custom flag or something, to add to a ‘Mon’s info in the pbs, that would prevent it from being placed into a team with anything else that has the same flag? (Example: I’d give this flag to the stronger legendaries, so that the player could only have one in the party at a time)

Any info or resources toward any of this, or just tips for making a plot-oriented - but fun and challenging - fan game would be very much appreciated. Sorry for the long post and thanks a bunch for your time!

MGriffin

Trainer
We’re using v17. We would really like to use key items or something in place of HMs, but the script regarding this seems to have changed since v16, which is what the tutorials I’ve seen have applied to. He’s more suited to that part than I am, though, so I’ll just relay info if anyone knows something that we’re missing. :)
We only want to get as deep into the inner workings of the software as we have to, but will learn to do what’s necessary if the resulting product is worth it.

Suuuuper lazy response on my part, but I looked into how to do this for someone else a few weeks back. The changes I made are below. Some quick explanation—that person wanted to keep the HM moves in the game with their effects as TMs, and only wanted to add items for a few of the HMs. Hopefully you two can work out how to adapt it to what you want, and if you need a better explanation feel free to send me a message.

Here's a pastebin.

EDIT: Also probably worth mentioning that there's some changes in there to deal with the follow Pokémon resource.

And two more shots in the dark: it looks like a huge pain, but has anyone tried implementing a windy weather condition, like Mega Rayquaza’s ability in OR/AS?
This article should help! http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Weather Specifically, the in-battle section is probably what you're looking for, but everything else in the article should be pretty helpful, too! I'm afraid Essentials doesn't have any pre-made graphics/animations for windy weather, though...

The Essentials wiki has lots of other articles that should be useful (though they're a bit disorganized), and Relic Castle has a collection of tutorials and resources at https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/ !

MGriffin

Trainer
Also, is there a way to make a custom flag or something, to add to a ‘Mon’s info in the pbs, that would prevent it from being placed into a team with anything else that has the same flag? (Example: I’d give this flag to the stronger legendaries, so that the player could only have one in the party at a time)

There is now.

MysteryCresent

Alchemist Queen
ATTENTION!
Pokémon Essentials version 17.2 has now been released.
It contains fixes for some bugs that cropped up in v17.1. Go download it if you want your game to work properly.

I am lazier than a sloth.I admit.I just want the PBS files for Gen 6 and 7.....(shapes,what did I ever do to you?)
Could anyone please give me a PBS containing.....SHAPES of the pokemon?

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I am lazier than a sloth.I admit.I just want the PBS files for Gen 6 and 7.....(shapes,what did I ever do to you?)
Could anyone please give me a PBS containing.....SHAPES of the pokemon?

Shadows I dunno, but as for shapes . . . might this help?

Edit: I did notice whilst browsing the site activity that this exists, too. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, though.

TheDarkRattata

Novice
Looking for a RSE tileset that fits an apocalypse kind of aesthetic, with rubble, fallen trees and burnt grass, that kind of stuff. I'm not optimistic that one is out there but I thought I'd ask.

Cephei

Rookie
Looking for a RSE tileset that fits an apocalypse kind of aesthetic, with rubble, fallen trees and burnt grass, that kind of stuff. I'm not optimistic that one is out there but I thought I'd ask.

You can use the actual tileset and adding some "destroy" effect by yourself like this or that, you can also play with the colours desaturation for example. And finally you can find fallen trees and/or rubble from random tiles on the internet.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
Anyone know where i can find these types of FR/LG bubble graphics? I've looked through tutorials and resource, and searched up on the internet.
I can't find them.
Untitled_1.png

Also (I can't really describe it) when entering a new area in FR/LG they something like this.
Untdgitled.png

(Mt. Moon for example)

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with Essentials.

Hi, welcome to Relic Castle! :blush:
This thread is for requesting resources, your error message should actually get it's own thread over here. I'd normally throw in an answer in this post as well, but there's not enough information to really say anything; be sure to include what you've been editing recently (a certain script section, or a PBS file maybe) and when this error appears (As soon as you open the game, when doing a certain action in the game like trying to battle a trainer)

SouliteAzure

DJ ButterTires
Hi, welcome to Relic Castle! :blush:
This thread is for requesting resources, your error message should actually get it's own thread over here. I'd normally throw in an answer in this post as well, but there's not enough information to really say anything; be sure to include what you've been editing recently (a certain script section, or a PBS file maybe) and when this error appears (As soon as you open the game, when doing a certain action in the game like trying to battle a trainer)

Do where I can go to look for help on a project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back