• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Winter Game Jam 2: Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyENg2M.gif

Back in Black
January 31, 2020 - March 14, 2020

Check out the:

Overview Thread
Recruitment Thread
Game Jam channel in the Relic Castle Discord!

Welcome back to the Relic Castle Winter Jam! I'm Cat, the ever gracious host, back again for another Winter Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

With the success of last year's game jam, we decided to bring it back this year. Thanks to the pandemic and real life getting in the way, we pushed it back a couple of weeks. But we're here again! Last year's twist was a required map, I wonder what this year's challenge will be?

Repeating my sentiments from last year, the Pokémon fan game community is an amazing place, and that's all thanks to each and every one of you. Take pride in that, and your hard work! Let's make this game jam a special one!

Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread! Here you can discuss the game jam, show progress off on your entry, get feedback on your entry, get hyped about other entries, and all that good stuff! Make sure you're only recruiting in the recruitment thread. Otherwise, have at it! Let me know how you feel about challenge this time around. Do you feel it is more interesting than last year's? Do you feel it's more challenging than last year's?

Ott

My crown is made from the Yellow Pages
Do i really have to publish resources i used? MANNN!!
Sadly the Winter Game Jam 2 has already finished on March 14th, there can't be any new entries for this Jam.

HOWEVER! On June 30th, Relic Castle's Game Jam 7 will start, in which you can participate in! Look forward to the Overview thread which will detail all of the rules for GJ7! (One of the rules will be that you must include all resources that you have made for the Jam, yes. Also, do be aware that you can't enter with a project you've started development before the start of the Jam.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back