• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Winter Game Jam 4: Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
YpgCkLR.gif

JANUARY 10TH - FEBRUARY 21ST 2023

Overview Thread
Discussion Thread
Recruitment Thread
Be sure to check out the game jam channel on our Discord!

Special thanks to @Ott for the amazing pixel logo!
Relic Castle Winter Jam #4

Welcome back to the Relic Castle Winter Game Jam! For a fourth year in a row, winter has settled in (at least in the northern hemisphere) and now it's time to jam! 🎶

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

With eight summer game jams and three of the winter variety, game jams are a tradition for us on Relic Castle! Welcome to the newcomers, and welcome back to the returning game devs! I'm already excited to play through your entries! If you're interested in seeing what previous entrants have created, check out Fox's archive thread.

The fan game community has space for everyone, including you! Be proud of your hard work, but don't push yourself too hard! Overworking isn't fun and just leads to the jam scorching. Take breaks and keep a good sleep schedule! It's okay to have a half-finished game, as long as you've made friends, learned new skills, and most importantly: had fun!

Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread! Here you can discuss the game jam, show progress off on your entry, get feedback on your entry, get hyped about other entries, and all that good stuff! Make sure you're only recruiting in the recruitment thread. If you need prompting, what do you think of the challenge this year?

Cuprite (Kyu)

Novice
I'm so excited to work on this one! I already had an idea before the challenge was revealed, so I'm glad I can see ways to incorporate it into that idea, even leading to some potential worldbuilding. :)

Btw, out of curiosity, what if something just so happens to qualify for multiple adjectives? Do you only count the intended one or what? I just wanna make sure cause I could see myself accidentally reusing one in an area where its not meant to be the primary theme for it (I.E.: I could accidentally make two areas someone could consider "cozy" even if the second isn't intended to). Obviously I'll try not to, but I could see myself not catching something like that and I'm just curious if there's any room for error with that.

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
I'm so excited to work on this one! I already had an idea before the challenge was revealed, so I'm glad I can see ways to incorporate it into that idea, even leading to some potential worldbuilding. :)

Btw, out of curiosity, what if something just so happens to qualify for multiple adjectives? Do you only count the intended one or what? I just wanna make sure cause I could see myself accidentally reusing one in an area where its not meant to be the primary theme for it (I.E.: I could accidentally make two areas someone could consider "cozy" even if the second isn't intended to). Obviously I'll try not to, but I could see myself not catching something like that and I'm just curious if there's any room for error with that.
It's no big deal at all! As long as that second cozy area also fulfills one of the other adjectives, it's fair game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back