• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Tower of Ashes

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version
Played it for 3-4 hours and had a blast! Absolute banger of a game! I loved the upgrade elements and all the different Pokémon that were set up. I appreciate that not all battles are mandatory (if you're skilled enough to dodge them all haha). I completed the tower twice and will say that some Pokémon are less viable than others, though about any water-type will carry (except ludicolo maybe?).
The game nails about every aspect from art & sound to gameplay elements. Would love to see more of it!

X2pNLIP.png
f5v0Act.png

Last edited:

PikachuMazzinga

🍝 cooking pixels 🍝
Hello there guys, thank you again so much for all the kind words and all the feedback and support!

Today I'm updating the thread to bring you something that was requested by many and we felt like was a good thing to release.
I'm talking of course about Game Documentation! Find the full spreadsheet >>HERE<<.
(a hyperlink file will be included in future releases alongside the game itself).

Please let us know if there is any more you want us to add to this documentation!

PikachuMazzinga

🍝 cooking pixels 🍝
This game looks very cool, excited to try it out!

Does anyone know if this is playable on the steam deck?
Thanks, hope you have fun when you do play it!
No idea about the steam deck but the game runs well on native windows, android with joyplay and linux with wine, so I assume it should run well on the steam deck too 🤔 (let us know if it does)

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Oh yeah, I was waiting for the Wheel of Wonders to hit this game, and it was so worth the wait! The game is fricking awesome and the roguelike gameplay is well done and really fun! I loved customizing a loadout that fit my playstyle and that there were a lot of directions that you could go (upgrades based on types and based on secondary effects. I did appreciate the gameplay not being too shallow and also being not too difficult as well! The difficulty close to perfect for me, although I would've appreciated a smidgen more depth (Double Battles would be fun, maybe some new kinds of bosses too lol). I also did like how the game was very much balanced around forcing the player to engage with the Relics to progress (without forcing them of course, you'll quickly realize you definitely need them to beat the bosses), so you make sure the player has to have fun lmao

Of course, I think a lot of people could've made a strong Pokemon roguelite game with good gameplay, so as long as they had a good concept of battling, but what I absolutely adored about the game was the setting!! The visual and graphical polish is incredibly clean and it really makes it feel like a full fledged package, great consistent colors and theme in the overowrlld and even the menus! The character designs are all complete winners and I absolutely adored how all their little details came out in just sprite form (Verbena's hair and earrings, Lumbo's stature, Bruco walking animation being entirely unique with his stupid bag) and I'm honestly so upset I didn't get to see more from the game's story, setting and characters!! I was very sad that they didn't have trainer sprites, but I understand that probably was a time limit issue and absolutely not anything else (considering how beautiful the game looks you easily could've done it if you could). I would even say all my biggest gripes with the game is just not being able to know more and experience more of it

Overall, great game! I had a ton of fun breaking the game with stupid strategies and the game is so colorful too!

Super fun game, big recommend, and it makes me very happy to see some inspirations from Binding of Isaac (one of my favourite games of all times). This wasn't just a super fun roguelite, but also a SUPER beautiful game, just oozes charms from the beautiful flowing hair animations, to the cool new pokemon forms, to the beautiful scenery to the super cool relic icons. Just knocks it all out of the park, super well done, great job.

Ghyst

The Lord of Rowlets
This game is really fun! I like the rougelite aspect of the game and being limited to a set of Pokemon is a nice touch.

Quick question: Is there a way to actually beat the game? I've climbed the tower and beaten it 5 times but I keep getting smited after beating Ho-oh. What does it mean by "you sensed something has changed?"

PikachuMazzinga

🍝 cooking pixels 🍝
I wanted to personally thank everybody that played the game and left a review, It means so much to me ♥️ TwT

Quick question: Is there a way to actually beat the game? I've climbed the tower and beaten it 5 times but I keep getting smited after beating Ho-oh. What does it mean by "you sensed something has changed?"
And thanks for the question!
The main game loop is climbing the tower and being sent back to the start, if you're looking for a different ending, collecting all 6 lore pieces will unlock a different dialogue option at the end that will send you to the credits.[/SPOILER]

Ghyst

The Lord of Rowlets
Ah I see thank you! Do you have to find all of them in one run?

PikachuMazzinga

🍝 cooking pixels 🍝
Ah I see thank you! Do you have to find all of them in one run?
No they are global checks and you should be able to find all 6 of them in two full runs.

Back