• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Resource Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.2

Abogadouuu

Rookie
Hi,it's me again,now is for a question i have for using the plugin. For what i see on the tutorial,all the battle rules has to be made before calling a battle event,so now i want to ask if there is a way to expand it to a battle that usually doesn't have a specific battle rules and/or wild battles that directly doesn't use event so i can't use battle rules.
The first scenario (with multiple trainers) can be used for example if i want to make a thematic for a "dungeon" part,of course i can paste all battlerules on all trainers,or easier than that,store the script and just use 1 script to call all the battle...but i want to know if i can just "toggle" a rule to make that all the trainers in the map (for example) boosts a random stat every 2 turns.
The second scenario and the one that i was thinking more (apply a battlerule to all wild pokemon in an area,while a certain condition or until something deactivates it) is harder because meanwhile the first i can just copy paste the battle rules or the script stored,idk how to apply battle rules on wild pokemon. So in cases of routes that i want to make every pokemon having double HP,or routes that wild pokemon paralyzes the player's pokemon every time it deals damage with an attack this plugin can help me a ton 😅.

Sorry if maybe there is some info in tutorial that i skipped by accident,i tried to at least read it all but i didn't found nothing similar to "setting a battle rule as a conditional or temporal general battle rule"

Aguadiablo

Novice
Just change the battle style to Set mode for that battle. There's a vanilla battle rule for that.
Ah, I believe that the vanilla battle rule only applies to trainer battles and not wild battles.

Just change the battle style to Set mode for that battle. There's a vanilla battle rule for that.

Works fine for me. How are you setting it?
Well, I just entered a string try to change the trainer's name at first.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi,it's me again,now is for a question i have for using the plugin. For what i see on the tutorial,all the battle rules has to be made before calling a battle event,so now i want to ask if there is a way to expand it to a battle that usually doesn't have a specific battle rules and/or wild battles that directly doesn't use event so i can't use battle rules.
The first scenario (with multiple trainers) can be used for example if i want to make a thematic for a "dungeon" part,of course i can paste all battlerules on all trainers,or easier than that,store the script and just use 1 script to call all the battle...but i want to know if i can just "toggle" a rule to make that all the trainers in the map (for example) boosts a random stat every 2 turns.
The second scenario and the one that i was thinking more (apply a battlerule to all wild pokemon in an area,while a certain condition or until something deactivates it) is harder because meanwhile the first i can just copy paste the battle rules or the script stored,idk how to apply battle rules on wild pokemon. So in cases of routes that i want to make every pokemon having double HP,or routes that wild pokemon paralyzes the player's pokemon every time it deals damage with an attack this plugin can help me a ton 😅.

Sorry if maybe there is some info in tutorial that i skipped by accident,i tried to at least read it all but i didn't found nothing similar to "setting a battle rule as a conditional or temporal general battle rule"
This is actually a feature im planning for the next update.

Lucidious89

Champion
Ah, I believe that the vanilla battle rule only applies to trainer battles and not wild battles.
The only time the game asks you to switch during wild battles is when your Pokemon faint and it asks if you want to run. So just use the "cannotRun" battle rule so that fleeing isnt an option, thus the prompt asking if you want to flee will never appear.

Aguadiablo

Novice
The only time the game asks you to switch during wild battles is when your Pokemon faint and it asks if you want to run. So just use the "cannotRun" battle rule so that fleeing isnt an option, thus the prompt asking if you want to flee will never appear.
Setting a battle rule of cannotRun just stops you from running. The player is still asked to use next Pokémon but choosing No means that they get the message "You cannot escape!" The next Pokémon is then chosen automatically.

I have now correctly temporarily changed the player's name and outfit.

However, I am attempting to run the following midbattleScript but it is not triggering:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
setBattleRule("midbattleScript", {

"BattlerFainted_GARCHOMP_player" => "Come back Garchomp!"

})

Lucidious89

Champion
Setting a battle rule of cannotRun just stops you from running. The player is still asked to use next Pokémon but choosing No means that they get the message "You cannot escape!" The next Pokémon is then chosen automatically.
That's kinda silly it works like that if choosing "No" will never work anyway. But I guess if that's how it works, the only option would be to edit the Essentials script yourself to prevent this. Quickly skimming through the code, it seems like this could be accomplished by going to def pbEORSwitch and adding || @controlPlayer to the line elsif trainerBattle?.

However, I am attempting to run the following midbattleScript but it is not triggering:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
})
I copy/pasted this script and it worked just fine for me. The issue is probably related to something elsewhere in your script, since I assume there's more to it than just this.

Aguadiablo

Novice
That's kinda silly it works like that if choosing "No" will never work anyway. But I guess if that's how it works, the only option would be to edit the Essentials script yourself to prevent this. Quickly skimming through the code, it seems like this could be accomplished by going to def pbEORSwitch and adding || @controlPlayer to the line elsif trainerBattle?.
I'm not sure where that def pbEORSwitch is.

The rest of the event code is:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
setBattleRule("autoBattle")
setBattleRule("alwaysCapture")
setBattleRule("tempPlayer",["Giovanni",1])
setBattleRule("tutorialCapture")
setBattleRule("cannotRun")
setBattleRule("raidStyleCapture", true)
setBattleRule("wildMegaEvolution")
garchomp = Pokemon.new(:GARCHOMP,80)
garchomp.item = :GARCHOMPITE
garchomp.ability = :ROUGHSKIN
garchomp.ev[:HP] = 0
garchomp.ev[:ATTACK] = 4
garchomp.ev[:DEFENSE] = 0
garchomp.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 252
garchomp.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 0
garchomp.ev[:SPEED] = 252
garchomp.owner.name = "Giovanni"
rhyperior = Pokemon.new(:RHYPERIOR,83)
rhyperior.ability = :SOLIDROCK
rhyperior.ev[:HP] = 252
rhyperior.ev[:ATTACK] = 16
rhyperior.ev[:DEFENSE] = 0
rhyperior.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 0
rhyperior.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 240
rhyperior.ev[:SPEED] = 0
rhyperior.owner.name = "Giovanni"
nidoqueen = Pokemon.new(:NIDOQUEEN,81)
nidoqueen.ability = :SHEERFORCE
nidoqueen.ev[:HP] = 48
nidoqueen.ev[:ATTACK] = 252
nidoqueen.ev[:DEFENSE] = 0
nidoqueen.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 0
nidoqueen.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 0
nidoqueen.ev[:SPEED] = 208
nidoqueen.owner.name = "Giovanni"
gliscor = Pokemon.new(:GLISCOR,81)
gliscor.ability = :HYPERCUTTER
gliscor.ev[:HP] = 244
gliscor.ev[:ATTACK] = 0
gliscor.ev[:DEFENSE] = 0
gliscor.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 0
gliscor.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 244
gliscor.ev[:SPEED] = 20
gliscor.owner.name = "Giovanni"
krookodile = Pokemon.new(:KROOKODILE,82)
krookodile.ability = :INTIMIDATE
krookodile.ev[:HP] = 252
krookodile.ev[:ATTACK] = 0
krookodile.ev[:DEFENSE] = 4
krookodile.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 0
krookodile.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 0
krookodile.ev[:SPEED] = 252
krookodile.owner.name = "Giovanni"
hippowdon = Pokemon.new(:HIPPOWDON,81)
hippowdon.ability = :INTIMIDATE
hippowdon.ev[:HP] = 252
hippowdon.ev[:ATTACK] = 0
hippowdon.ev[:DEFENSE] = 80
hippowdon.ev[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 0
hippowdon.ev[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 176
hippowdon.ev[:SPEED] = 0
hippowdon.owner.name = "Giovanni"
setBattleRule("tempParty", [garchomp, rhyperior, nidoqueen, gliscor, krookodile, hippowdon])
})
setBattleRule("editWildPokemon", {
:item    => :MEWTWONITEY,
:moves   => [:PSYSTRIKE, :PSYCHIC, :AURASPHERE, :CONFUSION]
})
WildBattle.start(:MEWTWO, 80)

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm not sure where that def pbEORSwitch is.
CTRL + Shift + F searches the entire game script.

The rest of the event code is:
The issue is setBattleRule("wildMegaEvolution") will always override setBattleRule("midbattleScript"), that's why. This is stated in the tutorial. Any battle rule that allows wild Pokemon to use a mechanic (Megas, Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, Dynamax, Tera, etc.) cannot coexist with a "midbattleScript" rule at the same time. If so, the "midbattleScript" rule will simply be ignored.

Fortunately, the next update to this plugin will allow both to be used at the same time.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.6 Update

• Made some slight adjustments for compatibility with the Customizable Battle UI plugin.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a battle is triggered in the Safari Zone.
  • Fixed an issue where entering your party in the Hall of Fame would delete all their moves.
  • Fixed an oversight that would prevent Attract from appropriately failing on targets, even if they should be unaffected.
  • Made various tweaks in preparation for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Eco

Novice
Hello,

This looks like a great plugin. However, I can't access the tutorial as there is a "Not Authorized" page upon clicking the link.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello,

This looks like a great plugin. However, I can't access the tutorial as there is a "Not Authorized" page upon clicking the link.
It's gonna be down all day because I'm updating it.

Reactions: Eco

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Back